• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Interview With Footage, Probably No Beta [Up: Official Making Of Video]

Khezu

Looks neat.

I don't mind perks as long as there fairly well balanced, unlike CoD.
Just have them all unlocked from the start, don't start any of that annoying RPG shit that has ruined every other shooter/racing/EVERYTHING.

KageMaru

Was hoping to see some HUD bobbing going on but no go =/

Also looks like it's sub-HD still, hopefully no lower than Reach.

Looked great otherwise, and looks like it moves a lot faster than Reach.

Are we getting actual trailers for either SP/MP or is the vidoc all we are getting today?

Some people weren't even expecting this much =p

Cartman86

Banned
So no more 3rd person stuff right? You want me immersed in a visceral first person perspective then give me some crazy first person driving!

The Shift

Banned
Halo 3 health system? Hope not.

It looks nice, but the Halo games hit a wall at H2. I mean if this game only supports 16 player MP then it's already running at a loss. If only the MP could have that same essence that makes the campaign so good - a massive multi-encounter sandbox. The MP game never lived up to that premise for me. That said, H4 looks good for the dyed in the wool Halo fans.

Conor 419

Banned
They have persistently given the message that they're in it to please everyone, so I imagine there'll be playlists without perks. However the inclusion of them, the lack of colour and so far, the lack of anything 'new' is what's making this very very concerning.

Trevelyon

Nothing particularly impressive in the vid, though the footage seemed to be largely focused on the mp maps. Need to see how the sp looks.

It looks nice, but the Halo games hit a wall at H2. I mean if this game only supports 16 player MP then it's already running at a loss. If only the MP could have that same essence that makes the campaign so good - a massive multi-encounter sandbox. The MP game never lived up to that premise for me. That said, H4 looks good for the dyed in the wool Halo fans.

For me, 4 on 4 is where Halo is at it's best. There's a level of strategy and control that gets thrown out the windows as soon as you start upping the player count.

One thing I liked about the series is the lack of bullshit unlocks that made the game unbalanced. Everyone used to play on an equal playing field.

I'd bet my house and my car that there will be a playlist/gametype, with a substantial multiplayer population - that will be vanilla, no perks, fast, BR gameplay.

I'd bet a small fortune that if anyone can make a perk system 'fit' into Halo's MP gameplay, it will be Frankie's 343 Team. Personally, my initial thoughts on a perk system lead me to believe we will see something extremely mild in comparison to COD/Battlefield. Possibly something similar to League of Legends Runes. Whereby Spartan customization may net you tiny/incremental stat increases in the form of sprint/ability cooldowns, reload times, jump height, health/shield regen etc - obviously in lieu of other potential stat increases. That is of course, purely speculation - but I'm 99.9% certain that we're not going to be seeing Sleight of Hand/Stalker/Cold-Blooded/Danger-Close, game changers.

People want customization and perks - it's going to be a critical aspect of the Multiplayer to implement - if the game is ever going to grow and maintain a larger ongoing player base - let alone get anywhere near COD numbers. People want to be able to select a bullshit perk that artificially compensates for their play style or gives a possible unfair advantage over an enemy - the trick for 343i, will be hooking these players, without going full-retard (COD). There is almost definitely some sweet spot between perks/customization, and vanilla Halo/arena-shooting, that will please a significant portion of the userbase (and keep Halo fresh for a while). For the more traditional MP fans, the straight up BR, no-perk playlist is going to be plenty.

Halo MP has its own essence, though.

I'm not saying I'd complain if they suddenly unveiled 64 player Halo battles, because I'd weep with joy.

But at the same time, player count = high does not = good game, necessarily. Halo MP is sublime 4 on 4, and that's because it's designed for it. The 'sandbox' of options is available - if not more so, in MP - and that's what makes it tick, and ties it to Halo SP.

It's not Battlefield, and I like it for that. Again, if they brought in larger battles, cool. But I love Halo as an arena/small-team shooter. That's where it shines, and that's where it kicks every other game into a hat, for me anyway.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I believe I just finished taking it all. I woke up at 5:00AM for these news and it was worth it. This reveal delivered like a Christmas morning when you are a child. Thank you 343i.

Not sub-HD.

LawdBaby.gif

i'm pretty amazed anyone could think otherwise based on these videos. jaggies are apparent, yes, but even on youtube HD these look pretty damn sharp and full 720p. even if we didn't have a dev confirming it...

I believe I just finished taking it all. I woke up at 5:00AM for these news and it was worth it. This reveal delivered like a Christmas morning when you are a child. Thank you 343i.

My thoughts exactly. As a Halo fan I couldn't have asked for more. Audio, speed, graphics, BR, everything looks fantastic.

Big kudos to David, Frankie and other 343i GAF members that may be about. Good job on keeping the awesome from leaking out.

I believe Frankie said here on NeoGaf that all music we will be hearing from now on will be from Halo 4.

Well that's fantastic then! The music throughout the video is absolutely stellar. 1:50 and 2:45 especially stand out to me. And the ending of course. :)

As a huge Halo fan, I'm extremely excited.

Lebron

Looks great, and if they really plan to flesh out the story then I'm all there. Got tired of Bungie's "see other media for story" bs.

Vire

I rewatched the ViDoc and again I can't say how much I love the music. Very very well done.

Certainly lightens my other grievances.

It's not enough to judge anything on though. Hopefully we'll get to see more shortly.

I rewatched the ViDoc and again I can't say how much I love the music. Very very well done.

Certainly lightens my other grievances.

It's not enough to judge anything on though. Hopefully we'll get to see more shortly.

Guessing you can thank Ryan Payton for that since Sotaro Tojima seems to be working on the music.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Was hoping to see some HUD bobbing going on but no go =/

Looked great otherwise, and looks like it moves a lot faster than Reach.

Some people weren't even expecting this much =p

It is native 720p.

ThankeeSai

You can see it better on the gifs, but the HUD appears to be moving a'la BF3, too. Looks a bit more subtle though.

Good news for plasma owners :D

Top Bottom