• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's sexual fantasies less depraved than men's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pain for pleasure is one of the more tamer kinks out there. I don't think it has anything to do with mental disorders, as it's also incredibly popular, and would have been, ya know, studied.

Also, again, fantasy does not equal reality.

If anything it's just more sensation to go along with everything else someone is feeling for a complete sensory overload.

Man

I don't know how to describe it. It's not painful enough for me to say stop but it's just a muted sensation that's there, and I'm still feeling good, and I still orgasm hard. It's hard to explain without sounding dumb.
Go on.

Personally, I guess I'm pretty boring. My ideal time is spending all day in some large bed just fucking around (everything between intense and passionate), eating, sleeping, having some laughs.
At my 'wildest' I'm pretty content with pulling some hair or pinning someone down.

marrec

Banned
I was referring to cutting and burning.

It's just a different way to experience the type of pain that gives them pleasure, it's not a self-flaggelation thing or a expression of a need for attention, it's for pleasure.

That doesn't qualify as a mental disorder to me, the fact that they recognize what gives them what they want seems pretty healthy.

Go on.

Personally, I guess I'm pretty boring. My ideal time is spending all day in some large bed just fucking around (everything between intense and passionate), eating, having some laughs.

That's pretty much what I do now. Morning fuck, do the responsible adult stuff, eat, drink, fuck, sleep.

RDreamer

My wife is the one with the submission fantasies, unfortunately. That sort of stuff is negative for me. I don't fantasize about it much, and it almost borderline turns me off. I do fantasize about swinging and orgies and stuff a bit, though, but then again so does she. Still, overall I tend to have the pleasant fantasies, and she has the violent ones :(

Experiencing pain as pleasure tends to be a self-defense mechanism that forms in response to (recurrent) exposure to trauma/abuse, especially when it is taken to such an extreme level. It makes sense, really. But that is, of course, not always the case.

what really surprises me is that the study says people have sexual fantasies only once a year, and for females a few times a month, seriously, what? I fantasize pretty much every night if I'm alone, is that odd? what do they consider fantasize anyway?

I don't ever remember having dreams. I just wake up, there's no memory of a dream ever happening so I have less than one a year but I'm not sure how normal that is.

marrec

Banned
Experiencing pain as pleasure tends to be a self-defense mechanism that forms in response to (recurrent) exposure to trauma/abuse, especially when it is taken to such an extreme level. It makes sense, really. But that is, of course, not always the case.

You sound like you're speaking with some kind of authority, but in my personal anecdotal experience is far less ominous then you are making it sound and WAY more people are into pain play then you'd imagine.

I don't ever remember having dreams. I just wake up, there's no memory of a dream ever happening so I have less than one a year but I'm not sure how normal that is.

I didn't think the article was about sex dreams, just fantasies.

Honestly, my sex dreams might be even weirder than my fantasies.

You sound like you're speaking with some kind of authority, but in my personal anecdotal experience is far less ominous then you are making it sound and WAY more people are into pain play then you'd imagine.

Well, he's talking about extreme stuff, I'd guess. Nothing wrong with spanking or choking.

Just gimme ten guys like Khal Drogo and Hemsworth, plz.

RDreamer

I didn't think the article was about sex dreams, just fantasies.

Honestly, my sex dreams might be even weirder than my fantasies.

I wish I had sex dreams... I've had probably one my entire life. Normally the dreams end before the actual sex starts. It's so depressing.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Ever felt a blade against your skin? A non-serrated one. Feels like one long strip of the thinnest piece of ice tracing a line across your body. The deft balance somewhere between too much pressure and not enough. The sensual touch from the razor could just as easily turn to pain.

In other news I don't get the whole popping balloons with girls crotches thing. Its just too wacky-doodle.

So you've never had a fantasy that would be considered illegal/incredibly morally wrong?

What is incredibly morally wrong?

But no. I get off to the idea of how that would actually be like.

My sex dreams are more unrealizable than the fantasies, though, but they're not necessarily stuff I'd want to do.

Switters

I've always fantasied about dating a cute blind or deaf girl. That's about as twisted as I get.

Edit: This thread is a real avatar goldmine.

iamblades

Who knows. Depraved is a weird word to use anyway.

^^

The thing is that these are fantasies that were self reported as unpleasant. Could it be that the content of the fantasies were basically at the same level of depravity (if you could even come up with some objective measure of depravity) but men more just more squeamish about the content of them?

The report even said that the most unpleasant fantasy for men was a homosexual fantasy, which given the societal pressures against gay male sex is completely understandable.

Found this in the related articles. Found it more surprising.

Men want cuddles but women prefer sex, survey finds

I've always been told the opposite is true. Never been in a relationship to find out myself.

Not shocking, Sex is(at least for men, not a woman so I dunno about that side of things) a physical need, and that's it really. For men it's basically a pressure that needs to be relieved occasionally or we go crazy, it's not something that substantially improves your life otherwise. The feeling of being loved is something that does improve your life during the 99% of the time you are not fucking though..

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It's called a kink meme cause that's what it is: A place (usually live journal) where people can anonymously prompt something that turns them on, and people will anonymously write fanfiction about it.

Edit: Basically just google any fandom name + kink meme and you'll have tons of examples.

I wonder how many fetishes develop during life based on association, i.e encountering something non-sexual or bizarre juxtaposed with sex and developing a link between the two.

marrec

Banned
I wonder how many fetishes develop during life based on association, i.e encountering something non-sexual or bizarre juxtaposed with sex and developing a link between the two.

I've tried to self develop kinks this way, but it's never worked. I always felt that it should be the way to consciously develop a kink.

iamblades

I have no idea, but I've always been fascinated of the concept of kinks and what they stem from/what causes them.

I think it mostly starts as novelty seeking behavior. People want new sensory experiences all the time.

The weird part is the people who get stuck on one particular thing and they need that one thing to get off, and this is probably the unhealthy part. It seems like obsessive compulsive behavior, I wonder how many of these people are diagnosed as OCD.

You'd think, but no. Well, sometimes. Maybe. Not universally.

I guess it just has to hit you. I can't see forcing it being a viable method, as Marrec noted.

Edit: And not hit you like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom