• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

fritolay

kgZqE.jpg
What's the story behind this one?

What's the story behind this one?

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I don't remember her name. She's a famous Nobel Peace Prize winner who's been fighting for democracy in Myanmar against a brutally repressive military regime. She's recently been freed from decades of house arrest and was successfully able to run for office representing her party.

An Syu Ki is her name, I think.

Edit:

Aung San Suu Kyi

Cool pic, deserves to be seen (rehosted, not sure if dropbox hurts your bandwidth).
http://i.imgur.com/i8M6z.jpg

Thanks for the appreciation :)

and no pic but I want to share the 720p version of the awesome BBC Planet Earth "trailer":
http://vimeo.com/23494216

It's a must watch if you don't know it already. Some of the best scenes of the PE series perfectly cut to match the song Hoppípolla by Sigur Rós.

Never found a good quality version before :D

Awesome, but after all your efforts, the bitrate seems pretty damn low. Was it higher quality when you downloaded it? Such visuals need moar bitrates.

Awesome, but after all your efforts, the bitrate seems pretty damn low. Was it higher quality when you downloaded it? Such visuals need moar bitrates.

Oh, just to be clear, I'm not the guy who uploaded the video, I just linked it here :)

and yeah I noticed the bitrate... when you choose to download the HD version it seems to be a bit better. So maybe it's also in part due to the stream. Edit: nah, it's the same :/
though still miles better than the shitty youtube upload I only knew before hehe.

This is probably the fifth time I've opened this thread believing it was the funny pics thread and went "huh..." before realizing I was in the wrong thread.

Oh, and a picture (shamelessly stolen from Reddit)

zDX6I.jpg

Oh, just to be clear, I'm not the guy who uploaded the video, I just linked it here :)

and yeah I noticed the bitrate... when you choose to download the HD version it seems to be a bit better. So maybe it's also in part due to the stream.
though still miles better than the shitty youtube upload I only knew before hehe.
Ohhh sorry, I assumed incorrectly. And I totally missed that download button! Will try it, thanks :)

Volimar

This is probably the fifth time I've opened this thread believing it was the funny pics thread and went "huh..." before realizing I was in the wrong thread.

Oh, and a picture (shamelessly stolen from Reddit)

zDX6I.jpg

I was just about to post this, but i have no idea where it is. This will have to do:

Lq5QD.jpg

Dreaver

Great thread, I never bothered looking in here before... Well I surely regret that now! When I find great pictures I will post them for sure.

I decided to create a Tumblr where I dump all the cool pictures I come across, just as a 'personal' archive instead of saving each image. Almost all pictures are via Neogaf so far. Thank you for the amazing pictures GAF!

link

Via Reuters

Administrative segregation prisoners take part in a group therapy session at San Quentin state prison in San Quentin, California, June 8, 2012. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

I hesitate to call it "cool" but it's certainly interesting.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4ecd43a5eab8ea6b5400003c-400-300/the-abandoned-city-hall-subway-stop-in-manhattan.jpg[IMG]

If you live in the NYC area go on the 6 train and stay on after the last stop, you will see this abandoned area.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I'll try this on Thursday or some time next week.

Top Bottom