• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

Deck'ard - why not email them and tell them that Team 17 won't be porting any Worms games to the system as it doesn't have enough shaders and the CPU can't handle the bazooka physics. Might as well get some fun out of what appears to be pile-on week...

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Deck'ard - why not email them and tell them that Team 17 won't be porting any Worms games to the system as it doesn't have enough shaders and the CPU can't handle the bazooka physics. Might as well get some fun out of what appears to be pile-on week...

Haha

Oh don't tempt me, you know what my sense of humour is like!

HylianTom

Banned
My expectations are actually quite high. But I mean that regarding games.

I'm expecting a balls out launch/launch window with a very strong first year overall. Anything less would be f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-ffaaaillll.

You sound like you have my expectations. :)

After what they did for the Wii unveiling, Nintendo has my confidence. Especially when they go in with lots of games ready to be shown-off, having held their powder for that one big explosion. In these situations, they seem to have a knack for blowing the doors off the joint.

HYPE!

guek

Banned

TunaLover

Activision released COD games on Wii, they were developed by a specific team that handle the game for the system. Now that Wii U have a more standart hardware so they can port it directly across 3 platforms, without the need of a specific team working on it.

Yeah, Activision skipping Wii U makes sense, totally.

Involving whom?

I'd love to see Nintendo cockblock the other two from most of Japan's developers. But that won't happen..
when I say I expect A LOT of moneyhatting I don't mean that as only exclusives. Yes I expect that, but I also expect them to pay for partnerships that guarantees their console certain headline games. For instance if square for some reason has an engine that doesn't work well on WiiU and the next FF game isn't planned for it, pay to make it happen. Any time a developer doesn't plan to put a big game on the console, I'm expecting Nintendo to do what's necessary, or what's in their power, and their power be dat cash.

If the next big MGS game ignores nintendo, which is very likely knowing Kojima, PAY THE FUCKER. Yes it's totally unfair, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'm just satisfied that this year's E3 will go down in history, one way or the other, as the legendary climax to the odyssey we are on right now.

New av, yay or nay?

Yay, Cabbie.

You can make the avs wider now, in case you didn't know

Seriously? Kewl, going to change it.

Christine

Oh, that's too funny. Sony's narrative got totally suborned by Apple. They probably didn't lift a finger to make it happen, either.

AzaK

Concerning the Wii U release date

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/26661-wii-u-release-confirmed

Big grain of salt & all of course but it could further nurture the speculation around the launch date :p

Oh jesus christ, please do not be true. I'm definitely going to have to unplug from the net if it's 5 months after E3!

My expectations are actually quite high. But I mean that regarding games.

I'm expecting a balls out launch/launch window with a very strong first year overall. Anything less would be f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-ffaaaillll.

Yup waiting this long it better have killer apps, games, online and everything as solid as a mofo.

Oddduck

The good thing about the negative rumors is hopefully it'll force Nintendo to give us some interesting news about Wii U before E3.

guek

Banned
Activision 2012 disagrees with Activision 2011:

IDdb9.gif

Hardly. But keep reaching for dem stars.

Besides, we already know that vicarious visions is working on a multiplat wii u project.

Deguello

The good thing about the negative rumors is hopefully it'll force Nintendo to give us some interesting news about Wii U before E3.

Not really. The more absurd they get the more unlikely it is to feel compelled to fight them. All of the negative rumors contradict each other so much that anybody who even wants to believe them would find themselves bewildered and confused.

Also releasing news in response to unsourced rumors and even borderline lies like the analyst up there would set a bad PR precedent.

Oddduck

There's no fucking way Activision won't put a Spyro Skylanders game on the Wii U. Especially with that one feature where you can scan action figures and trading cards on the touch screen.

Yep total bullshit but keep it coming I say. It will either force Nintendo to start countering this bollocks and/or mean when we finally get to hear what's being worked on our heads will explode.

Haha, again, no.
Nothing any analyst or journalists say will force Nintendo to do anything.

Nintendo conference opens with a COD exclusive title that kicks the teeth out of anything on PS3 and 360..... fuck you gaming media.... I am Reggie and I took all yo names . End conference Nintendo out.

Thing is Nintendo have their own.media stream now with Nintendo Direct... and they can push messages to all 3DS'.
They should just put a few screens out there that would silence everyone.til e3

NBtoaster

IDdb9.gif

Hardly. But keep reaching for dem stars.

Besides, we already know that vicarious visions is working on a multiplat wii u project.

Really? Looks like Activision only said they haven't made any announcements. Amazing how that analyst and anyone who believes him can take something in a totally different context.

They are clearly conflicting statements. They said they were supporting Wii U, and now they say they haven't said anything about supporting Wii U.

I know it's probably not true, but you would think Activision would just reiterate on earlier statements instead of seemingly forgetting about them.

EDarkness

Damn, went to bed, woke up and now Activision isn't supporting the Wii U? Get the hell outta here. Who the hell would believe that? This stuff is getting crazier by the day.

Nintendo conference opens with a COD exclusive title that kicks the teeth out of anything on PS3 and 360..... fuck you gaming media.... I am Reggie and I took all yo names . End conference Nintendo out.

Thing is Nintendo have their own.media stream now with Nintendo Direct... and they can push messages to all 3DS'.

I don't care what game it is, I would love Nintendo forever if they did this.

I would love for the Nintendo conference to be very combative in tone. There has been so much mud slinging, and there will be more, instead of making a joke about it or just mentioning it in one line, I'd love for them to go out of their way to call everyone stupid and show them what's what.

I would love for the Nintendo conference to be very combative in tone. There has been so much mud slinging, and there will be more, instead of making a joke about it or just mentioning it in one line, I'd love for them to go out of their way to call everyone stupid and show them what's what.

Yep.
Nintendo will be starting to prepare their presentation about now.
Discussing.content e.t.c.
Reggie will make comments.

8V8OF.jpg

This would be my reaction to NCL if they used CoD as some sort of "megaton announcement".

I want Yoshi's Island 2, Smash teaser, Pikmin 3, Mario, exclusive RPG, the works.

Top Bottom