• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG has passed 1 million players on Xbox One

US Video Games Industry Analyst Mat Piscatella tweeted "PUBG has passed 1 million players on Xbox One" "I sure wasn't expecting PUBG to get to 1m players on Xbox this fast. Wow."

Good to see it selling very very well in such a short period of time... even though it is in early access/game preview and is still being refined and worked out.

RootCause

Impressive. They're going to give a copy for one X buyers starting on Sunday. Wish they would give one to all one x owners.

1 million players, despite running like shit?

Developers must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Did you play the game? It's perfectly playable once you land. The game is not 12FPS. That said, we better see some optimization and patches, and with all this money they're now making, all the more reason to.

xviper

i would have tried it if it had a 1-hour trial like every other Early access game

i might buy it once it is completed or if it gets a great discount and there were no new games

Did you play the game? It's perfectly playable once you land. The game is not 12FPS. That said, we better see some optimization and patches, and with all this money they're now making, all the more reason to.

Haven't checked out the console versions, but for a company to make so much money on PC and botch the console ports is rather embarrasing. It's suppose to be easier to develop for those platforms lol.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Wow I find that pretty impressive regardless of the PC sales. My next thought is if having this many people with such an unoptimised game could bite MS in the butt, regardless of the preview disclaimer because, wow, it looks and runs terribly.

Toni

It was always going to hit it big on the Bone.

Once the optimization patches start rolling in, it'll become synonymous with the xbox fanbase like how it was Call of Duty last gen.

Blam

It was always going to hit it big on the Bone.

Once the optimization patches start rolling in, it'll become synonymous with the xbox fanbase like how it was Call of Duty last gen.

That alone is gonna have a lot of selling power when people associate PUBG with Xbox.

Grinchy

Banned
An unfinished game has sold one million copies at $30 each. What a world.

If it was a competent game with missing features, I would understand it. Instead, it's a barely playable piece of gaming software with horrible shooting mechanics due to low framerate and input lag. I just can't imagine choosing this over Fortnite if you only have an xbox. Really, any shooter you name is a better choice.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
That's great. Now, I hope they spend that 30 million bucks optimizing the shit out of it because it's nearly unplayable. There's a great game in there, but it needs a TON of work...

Calibos

Wow! Nice work MS and Bluehole...game is a blast to play, especially with friends and mics...

Also, I am having a hard time believing that people who have spent some time playing this on Xbox are calling it "unplayable".

What a hyperbolic crock of shit.

I have 10+ hours in already...what am I playing? It is very rough in lobby and rough on initial drop or in areas like school where 30 people drop every time...other than that, on X, it's been a smooth experience for the most part.

I am excited to see the talk of frequent updates on twitter and I think it's awesome to see the sales as that community will drive the development forward faster...

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
If it was a competent game with missing features, I would get it. Instead, it's a barely playable piece of gaming software with horrible shooting mechanics due to low framerate and input lag. I just can't imagine choosing this over Fortnite if you only have an xbox. Really, any shooter you name is a better choice.

Unlike you, I actually have it and it's perfectly fine as an early access title. Unlike you, I can actually speak to the performance of the game and outside of the loading and plane areas, it's fine.

I also have the PC version and it's launch is much better than where the PC was at this point in time of release.

In short, I think you're talking out of your ass.

Grinchy

Banned
Unlike you, I actually have it and it's perfectly fine as an early access title. Unlike you, I can actually speak to the performance of the game and outside of the loading and plane areas, it's fine.

I also have the PC version and it's launch is much better than where the PC was at this point in time of release.

In short, I think you're talking out of your ass.

I'll show you proof, but only if you make it interesting. Get a mod to agree to a "Nevermind, I was talking out of my ass" tag for you to wear forever and I'll show you the proof that you bizarrely think you need.

For anyone on the fence about buying this game, please at least consider the people trying to help you save 30 hard-earned dollars. This game is barely functional - and I want it to be good.

Lort

Banned
It says game preview in big letters .. looks cool i dont care about frame rate in lobby, buying today.

I have doom,tf2, bf1, swb, swb2, etc etc .. this is different :) ( and yes i have fortnite fun but not tense)

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'll show you proof, but only if you make it interesting. Get a mod to agree to a "Nevermind, I was talking out of my ass" tag for you to wear forever and I'll show you the proof that you bizarrely think you need.

For anyone on the fence about buying this game, please at least consider the people trying to help you save 30 hard-earned dollars. This game is barely functional - and I want it to be good.

I'm not asking for proof. You already said in your previous post you don't own it.

Are there issues? Oh god yes. Especially in the loading area and jumping out of the plane. 'barely functional" is deceitful at best.

Slash76

Well deserved, having a lot of fun with this game. I remember that I didn't understand why it was so succesful on PC, now I'm playing it and I know why. It's so free and inmersive, very addictive. Talking with my friends everyone is having a lot of fun with the game, but it's much better to play it on Xbox One X.

It sold 24 million copies (25 million by now) on PC this year alone (9 months to be exact).

It will be over 2 million copies sold on Xbox by the end of December.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm not asking for proof. You already said in your previous post you don't own it.

Are there issues? Oh god yes. Especially in the loading area and jumping out of the plane. 'barely functional" is deceitful at best.

I didn't say I didn't own it. I said if it were a competent game that was just missing features that was selling at $30 in early access, I would "get it." As in, "I'd understand why it's selling despite missing features." I changed "get" to "understand" to prevent any further misunderstanding.

You'd need especially low standards or very few options to think that the game in its current state is anything above barely functional.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I didn't say I didn't own it. I said if it were a competent game that was just missing features that was selling at $30 in early access, I would "get it." As in "understand why it's selling despite missing features."
Ah, I stand corrected.

You'd need especially low standards or very few options to think that the game in its current state is anything above barely functional.
It's on par with how the PC version launched. I expected nothing less and it's still fun and tense as the PC launch was.

shpankey

not an idiot
It's a fair request though, to have and play the game oneself before making a final judgement. Gameplay and funfactor are not always framerate and graphics dependent either.

I didn't say I didn't own it. I said if it were a competent game that was just missing features that was selling at $30 in early access, I would "get it." As in, "I'd understand why it's selling despite missing features." I changed "get" to "understand" to prevent any further misunderstanding.

Who hurt you?
"Barely functional" is a lie, through and through. Not once have my friends and I come across any situation in the game that can be considered "barely functional".

Lort

Banned
Game plays fine ..anyone who expects it to play like bf1 .. has never played pubg on pc. If u dont like it dont play it :)

AtlAntA

Microsoft momeyhatting pubg was a 'good' call on their part i think. Lots of people will buy a Xbox this holiday season because of pubg.

Lort

Banned
Microsoft momeyhatting pubg was a 'good' call on their part i think. Lots of people will buy a Xbox this holiday season because of pubg.

When ms provides development support its moneyhatting when ninteno or sony do it .. its not. 🎩🏦

Linconan

Agreed.

I'm very much debating to order an Xbox one S just for this game.
One of my Mates been hassling me to get and and i've watched his vids shared, looks great.

Getting pulled back into something i'm craving and mates pleading.
Is never a good thing, when i've moved on.
Feeling obligated...*sigh

In its current state its piss poor.. I just played a couple matches and its pretty horrible. For example I found a jeep.. I had a very minor accident like i ran into some junk.. Was not going fast.. But i hit it and it said i killed myself. Hopefully they patch it soon

inwerp

Neo Member
can someone confirm if it is a current "test" Steam version with the western map or good "stable" bunch of bugs?

i wonder if they could just hire Unreal to fix their game.

Top Bottom