• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post awesome adventure game maps

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
A trip down SNES map memory lane!

Breath of Fire II

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

Actraiser

DAMN! My Phantasy Star 2 map (that came with the cart) is in storage. I'd scan it and post it in this thread. I'm surprised it's missing in this thread. Also I'll have to see if I can dig up my cloth maps for Grandia and Ultima IV. ;)

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I find it interesting that the town in A link to the past is at the same point as the giant grave yard in The Legend of Zelda.

v4gr4nt

smmap2.jpg

maus

Man these are awesome. I read adventure games in the title and was kind of expecting that of the point and click variation.

So..

Indy 4
1015659214-00.gif

Secret of Monkey Island
wp_map800x600.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
heavy liquid said:
I recognize very few of these maps.. but this one I know like the back of my hand. I played through BT so many times I have this thing memorized.. heh..

sammy

---- spoilers anyone? One of the best lands yet!

worldmap.jpg

I wish there was a map of the layout for Crazy Taxi ----

also, i gotta' scan my map for Dead Rising :D

Not one mention of BG /BG2?

249166-bg01_map_super.jpg

post-5803-0-19446500-1332632372.gif

Of course I was an old AD&D nerd, loved Forgotten Realms, so BG2 was great from that point of view for me

Also, it's just a tiny part of the overworld:-
Forgotten_Realms.jpg

SECRET OF MANAAA:

mapbig.jpg

Secret of Mana 2 (i.e. SD3)

seiken-densetsu-3-map.jpg

Man, I remember seeing this in either an old EGM preview or an old Nintendo Power preview way back then. I probably fantasized hours on end what each world was like and what secret dungeons and areas there were. A damn shame it never reached our shores :(

(besides emu)

Honorable mention is that hand drawn map for Link's Awakening (which I'll eventually find unless someone saves me the trouble :D )

Wow, gives me a Disney's Neverland vibe.
Peter_Pan.jpg

RedSwirl

We kinda had another thread like this recently instead of bumping on from 2007 but whatever:

MnzNQ.jpg

I just really like the way they design it. It's the only RPG map I've seen that resembles actual medieval cartography.

Not one mention of BG /BG2?

249166-bg01_map_super.jpg

post-5803-0-19446500-1332632372.gif

Of course I was an old AD&D nerd, loved Forgotten Realms, so BG2 was great from that point of view for me

Also, it's just a tiny part of the overworld:-
Forgotten_Realms.jpg

Not only did you mysteriously bump a five-year-old thread, but there are no less than five comments about BG and BG2 before you, with both maps already posted.

But I love this thread anyway.

epmode

I think someone bumped the wrong thread.

edit: Super-beaten.

A few people mentioned Baldur's Gate in the other thread, by the way.

mclem

This page is full of awesome, hand-drawn maps by some guy who finished Pool of Radiance. (Not the newer game, but the original 8-bit RPG for DOS, Commodore 64, etc.)

I've often been slightly surprised by the fact that GoG doesn't offer the Gold Box RPGs. As best as I can determine, they *seem* to have deals in place with all the necessary entities to do so.

I've never actually played a Gold Box title, I'd love the ability to do so.

Edit: Holy bump, Batman!

jvm

Gamasutra.
I've often been slightly surprised by the fact that GoG doesn't offer the Gold Box RPGs. As best as I can determine, they *seem* to have deals in place with all the necessary entities to do so.

I've never actually played a Gold Box title, I'd love the ability to do so.

Edit: Holy bump, Batman!
This is a good point. GoG should definitely try to get the Gold Box games up. Would buy!

Top Bottom