• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

jokkir

Wait by simulatron, on Flickr

Play by simulatron, on Flickr

Second pic was actually in 2014 during the AssCreed Unity event but I forgot to upload it.

It was so nice today (well, yesterday now). I saw the snow melting too then night had to come and ruin it all. #teamday

7ZKxSgc.jpg

source

Cow Tongue on Brioche:
g00VU41.jpg

The Black Hoof

Thanks

If only the Raptors didn't completely embarrass themselves while I was watching at Real Sports

Bailed in the 3rd quarter to see Kingsman which was so good

Renewed

In those rare occasions I come across a Sun paper, I use it to carpet the floor for painting or other similar activities.

Glad to say I still don't feel guilty.

Anony

anyone have a wiifit meter i can borrow or buy?
want to activate my free wiifit u that i downloaded over a year ago

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Winter has cruelly stabbed this loyal team member in the back. I've hit 48 hours without running water at home now. Everyone else on the street seems to be fine from what we have heard, but February has apparently been cold enough that it managed to reach the 7-8 feet below our driveway to where our water line is.

There doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it except wait for it to thaw, whenever that might be. While we wait, the city utilities guys are planning to hook us up to the neighbour's outdoor tap, but they can't do that without talking to our neighbour first. They went out Friday night 10 minutes before the utilities guys showed up and were out all day Saturday. Should be home today though so hopefully they'll be around long enough for the utilities to come around and hook us up.

Means we'll have to keep the water running pretty much 24/7 once it's hooked up. When the guy was here Saturday talking about it he mentioned they had hoses freezing up within a minute of the water being turned off at night.

Having no running water sucks. :(

I'll believe it when I see it:
“This is the beginning of a time where we are going to be making a huge and historic investment in the TTC. We are going to be buying more buses, we are going to be restoring bus routes, we are going to be brining bus routes back that were diminished and we are going to be reducing crowding levels,” Tory said. “Changes are coming. They are not a ‘what if?’ or a ‘maybe;’ they are coming. More buses will be ordered, more buses will be deployed soon and more trains are going to be put on the subway. I think it is an important day to celebrate.”

During the mayoral campaign Tory said that he would not hike TTC fares, but he later said that he changed his mind after realizing that previous administrations had "starved" the city's transit system "to the breaking point"

ahdurian

I'll believe it when I see it:

same.
in the past they've said TTC hikes were to "maintain the excellent level of service", yet at least 75% of the time I would be late for work because of track issues, late buses, or just things breaking down (especially streetcars)

Rinoa

What do you mean "again"? Our pipes are still frozen. Our water is being delivered from our neighbour's outdoor tap through a garden hose. :p

We had to have that once in summer, I forget what the issue was but water was flooding out into the street. I can't imagine what a mess it would be if bursted pipes happened in this -30 stuff. Several people I know are posting to facebook what to do if it happens (turn off water, get hvac, seal things with towels) so scary.

same.
in the past they've said TTC hikes were to "maintain the excellent level of service", yet at least 75% of the time I would be late for work because of track issues, late buses, or just things breaking down (especially streetcars)

Our streetcars are so old they shouldn't even be running, they aren't meant to be going out in -20. Yet the new trams are best for places in Europe versus streets that aren't as high density as our city is. Sure they're longer but nowhere to fit all the people comfortably.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh, anyone who enjoyed Book for Mormon really should go see Cannibal the Musical. It's Trey Parker, and Matt Stone's first musical, and it's pretty great. It's only here for another week I think.

ahdurian

Our streetcars are so old they shouldn't even be running, they aren't meant to be going out in -20. Yet the new trams are best for places in Europe versus streets that aren't as high density as our city is. Sure they're longer but nowhere to fit all the people comfortably.

Yeah, first time I rode the new streetcars in traffic, all i thought was "this is where our money is going?"
cramped as hell, and because no one knows how to pay or even get off properly, it takes longer

Top Bottom