• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

zeemumu

Missed opportunity not giving the monochrome Pennywise a bright red balloon.

Also the nature of that character allows for so many other better choices, like Pennywise-Mummy

Shauni

Missed opportunity not giving the monochrome Pennywise a bright red balloon.

Also the nature of that character allows for so many other better choices, like Pennywise-Mummy

Yeah, it's a bit odd that they went with the paper boat as the default and not the balloon. But is the Mummy version in the kid's part of the story? This movie only covers that part, I think

Oh shit y'all I just got a new order update from TRU with a delivery estimate and everything for Tinkles. Check your emails!

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I wonder what went down with their stock to cause this. I also checked the Funko page earlier today and it looked like some of the exclusives have still yet to go online? (MegaZord from ToyTokyo for example) Maybe there's still hope for me to get one.

The MegaZord is a shit show from what I'm seeing on the Reddit.

Jeez what else is new when it comes to these SDCC Pops -__-

Oh well, Tinkles and NegaTron were the only ones I reeeeally wanted so at least I got one of those.

I wonder why they didn't just do a "life size" Ghost in a Jar Pop? I'd imagine Tinkles alone wouldn't sell very well but I feel like the reason she's as popular as she is is because everyone actually wants Ghost in a Jar. I also noticed the other day that I don't think I've seen a single piece of Rick & Morty merch of the Galactic Federation bugs yet characters like Tinkles and Sleepy Gary and Arthricia have gotten figures. I wonder how they decide who/what to make?

Zero315

Banned
Jeez what else is new when it comes to these SDCC Pops -__-

Oh well, Tinkles and NegaTron were the only ones I reeeeally wanted so at least I got one of those.

I wonder why they didn't just do a "life size" Ghost in a Jar Pop? I'd imagine Tinkles alone wouldn't sell very well but I feel like the reason she's as popular as she is is because everyone actually wants Ghost in a Jar. I also noticed the other day that I don't think I've seen a single piece of Rick & Morty merch of the Galactic Federation bugs yet characters like Tinkles and Sleepy Gary and Arthricia have gotten figures. I wonder how they decide who/what to make?

Yep, I got a delivery update from TRU as well.

I think I read somewhere that Funko said they want to do some of the more obscure and interesting characters from R&M. If anything I think we'll end up getting a pop of the character Nathan Fillion played in the season 3 premiere.

But is the Mummy version in the kid's part of the story? This movie only covers that part, I think

Ben definitely sees the mummy as a kid. But I seem to remember the director stating that they would not be using the "classic" monster versions of Pennywise in the movie, but that they would be updated for the 80s time period. So maybe those forms are supposed to be secret for now?

zeemumu

Yeah, it's a bit odd that they went with the paper boat as the default and not the balloon. But is the Mummy version in the kid's part of the story? This movie only covers that part, I think

In the Tim Curry version Stan sees it in the house.

Just people scrambling to find it, Gamestop cancellations, etc.

Ah. Yeah making something like the Megazord limited in pieces was an asshole move by Funko. A metallic version I can understand, but let everyone who built up these big Power Ranger collections over the past year (what with all the new releases) be able to cap it off with this.

Shauni

Ben definitely sees the mummy as a kid. But I seem to remember the director stating that they would not be using the "classic" monster versions of Pennywise in the movie, but that they would be updated for the 80s time period. So maybe those forms are supposed to be secret for now?

Ah, yeah, probably they'll wait until after the movie in that case or save them for the sequel.

In the Tim Curry version Stan sees it in the house.

Okay, couldn't really remember. I'm actually listening to the audiobook now and it's been ages since I saw the miniseries.

Yep, I got a delivery update from TRU as well.

I think I read somewhere that Funko said they want to do some of the more obscure and interesting characters from R&M. If anything I think we'll end up getting a pop of the character Nathan Fillion played in the season 3 premiere.

Just got my shipping notice wooooooo!

SeanC

Got my Gamestop Leia/R2 and the Joker-Batman for a friend, always have to point out when they come non-crushed and Gamestop did a good job.

Zero315

Banned
Everything except The Tick is up on Barnes & Noble. I just got an order in for Tigger.

Edit: Use the full site, they show out of stock on mobile for some reason.

Zero315

Banned
Aaaand B&N cancelled my Tigger. At least they gave me a $10 gift card, unlike Walmart when they cancelled my SNES preorder.

My TRU, Hot Topic, and Box Lunch orders have come in though. Blue Scooby looks awesome!

zeemumu

Aaaand B&N cancelled my Tigger. At least they gave me a $10 gift card, unlike Walmart when they cancelled my SNES preorder.

My TRU, Hot Topic, and Box Lunch orders have come in though. Blue Scooby looks awesome!

When Thinkgeek cancelled my Posh Tracer order they sent me a link in the apology to preorder it for the future stock date. Walmart also didn't send me jack shit for my SNES cancellation

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I was wondering what happened to the Princess Leia & R2D2 and Aragorn & Arwen Funko 2 packs for the Uk, they didn't appear on Forbidden Planet like the rest of them.

Seems Tesco got the Aragorn pack which hadn't apparently gone up yet. Asda got the Leia pack which is on the website but sold out, how very annoying, there was barely any information on these releases for the UK.

Went to the Game of Thrones experience at Comic-Con and was given some Conan Pop figure after. A few moments later some random people I passed were going crazy demanding where I got the thing. I eventually had to run to the car to hide it. I had no idea the Funco craze was still going strong before sdcc. Is it bigger than Legos now??

sN3N8vMl.jpg

zeemumu

I was wondering what happened to the Princess Leia & R2D2 and Aragorn & Arwen Funko 2 packs for the Uk, they didn't appear on Forbidden Planet like the rest of them.

Seems Tesco got the Aragorn pack which hadn't apparently gone up yet. Asda got the Leia pack which is on the website but sold out, how very annoying, there was barely any information on these releases for the UK.

try checking your Gamestop site. US Gamestop still has the Leia R2 pack in stock on their site

zeemumu

Went to the Game of Thrones experience at Comic-Con and was given some Conan Pop figure after. A few moments later some random people I passed were going crazy demanding where I got the thing. I eventually had to run to the car to hide it. I had no idea the Funco craze was still going strong before sdcc. Is it bigger than Legos now??

sN3N8vMl.jpg

Nope. Legos will always reign supreme, but Pops are still major. Usually happens with any heavily sought after item these days. I had to keep checking back at Disneyland for months so I could find this rose cup that Disney was selling to promote Beauty and the Beast because it sold out immediately whenever they got it in.

zeemumu

Got my Nega Scott from Hot Topic today. Sword looks a little bent but it's rubber so I'm hoping I can just bend it back

Shauni

Seems like a Regal movie theater exclusive. Also a maskless variant would be a horrible box exclusive. Don't they they'd ever do that.

Regal movie theater exclusive!? The hell? I guess a maskless flash is destined to be rare as hell then lol

I could see maskless flash as a box exclusive. The WW box had a Wonder Woman that was just a slight variation of the regular character. It had another Pop, though, so it would it have to come with another figure.

Going by the last two boxes then, steppanwolf should be the legion box exclusive.

Possibly, I guess we haven't seen his yet.

Top Bottom