• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no kuni 2 The Light May Yet Return trailer (Golden Joystick Awards 2017)

sublimit

Banned
No more for me. I've seen enough, now lets wait until January! It is look great.

It will suck that i will not be able to play it in January but i'll still buy it on day 1 to support L5 for continuing making games like this. And also because i loved the first game!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm very excited for this!!! Is this game still coming in Jan 19? The trailer didn't give us release date and youtube description only says 2018. Did this game got delayed?

sublimit

Banned
I'm very excited for this!!! Is this game still coming in Jan 19? The trailer didn't give us release date and youtube description only says 2018. Did this game got delayed?

Well it was delayed once so far i doubt they will delay it again.

Kremzeek

I'm not watching since I know I'm getting it day 1.

I'm so excited for this beautiful game! I really never dared hope for a sequel, but here we are!

Another must-have exclusive!

Dunki

Man this looks sooo much better than the first one. I really did not like the combat in the first game but this looks a bit more like tales of combat so its way more exciting already.

Manus

So pumped for this title. The only gripe I had with the first one was the God awful party member AI.

sublimit

Banned
Yeah the AI was terrible in the first game. It was one of the very few games that i had to switch to easy mode in order to appreciate the story,characters and its world without wanting to smash my controller. Even the combat felt more fun on easy mode.

Ni no kuni 2 looks like it has improved the only major flaw of the original and kept all of its strong points. Although to be honest NNK2 gives me slightly more anime vibes than the original but i could be wrong.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Although to be honest NNK2 gives me slightly more anime vibes than the original but i could be wrong.
I don’t know what you mean by this!!? The first game was much “anime” as the second game is.

Also since when game being “anime” became bad thing.

sublimit

Banned
I don't know what you mean by this!!? The first game was much ”anime" as the second game is.

Also since when game being ”anime" became bad thing.

Like i said i could be wrong but to me the characters in the first game looked more Ghibli-esque while in this one they seem a bit more anime-like. If that's the case that's not really a bad thing,especially since personally i love a lot of games that have a much more anime aesthetic it's just that the first Ni no kuni felt more unique due to it being more Ghibli influenced.

But i know that Ghibli artist Yoshiyuki Momose who helped with the characters,storyboards and cutscenes in the first Ni no kuni was also involved in the sequel so maybe this more anime-like impression that i'm having is totally wrong. :)

.....It's....it's.....beautiful!!! I absolutely cannot wait for this game. I'm intrigued to see how they have improved on the first one!

Crowne

Neo Member
The game captures the essence of childhood magic for me.. combat looks much better than in the first one...can't wait to dive into this world

Top Bottom