• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TitanFall footage

Abbie looks great. The game is looking pretty good as well.

At first I was like.. .hmmmm.. but the more she talked and tried to work that tough ass crowd (no fun crowd? they were tough).. she grew a lot on me. Then at the end I was like.. this chick is down! She is cute, seems fun to game with and knew what she was talking about.

Sour crowd though. She did great, and I can't wait to play this game.

Doesn't have to be "fresh" to be fun to play.

To me: New system = better graphical performance

Whenever i talk to my buddies about next gen systems the talk always revolves around the graphical advancements they'll offer... how much better it's going to look over current gen systems, it has however... never involved wondering what new gameplay experiences it'll bring.

this is old.

that being said, I wanna see more of what the game offers. I know it doesn't have single player but what else does it have? hopefully they roll out a beta too like destiny.

ramb0211

Banned
Not on GAF they don't. If anything, the upcoming generation has shown that 1080p means more than gameplay.

There are crazy people in any online community. I try to ignore them the best I can. Course there are also people who just enjoy talking about hardware and software on a technical level, and it's easy to pick them out because they aren't constantly pitting things against each other.

alterno69

Banned
I can't get excited for this, looks just like current CoD graphics wise, at least some destruction in the enviroments would be nice. Gameplay wise, i'd have to play it to judge but i think the fake single player like intro to every match will get old fast. Imagine seeing the same scene for the hundred time after a couple of months playing the game. I just think not having a singleplayer in this type of game is lazy, at least Destiny has a huge world to explore and not confined maps.

Unless it's $40 i can't see myself getting this even whenever it ships for PS4.

I want my next gen games to look the par. Same reason i'm not getting anys ports games this holiday, a first for me during a console launch.

Orca

I don't think I've ever seen a game that had so many people calling it awful and yet also inspired so much not-so-subtle port begging.

So yet another award for the game (best of Show EB Expo). Can not wait to play this on either PC or Xbox One(lose the Kinect requirement please) next year. This, Destiny, Mario Kart, and the next Smash Brothers are going to make for hopefully a great 2014.

Awards mean nothing these days

titanfall as eschewed some of the more demanding graphical techniques in order to implement a more mechanically complex framework over a larger scope and still keep up the framerate.

it's a question of resources.

if you'd prefer something which went all in on advanced graphical techniques while retaining the scope and mechanical framework of its last gen predecessors, you'll have plenty of options.

scope? i havent seen anything on titanfall that can be considered of big scope,maps seen to be of regular size,big mechs? current gent games have those ( starhwak per example) yeah..the game maybe will be a lot of fun,but there is nothing on this game that cant be done on a current gen system in terms of gameplay mechanics

even bf4 have more avanced scope than this game,destructible scenery,air,land,sea,etc etc you cant destroyu buldings or anything similar on titanfall

Not on GAF they don't. If anything, the upcoming generation has shown that 1080p means more than gameplay.

It's crazy that some people on GAF have a certain standard towards a specific aspect for a $400-$500 console in 2013. Even more crazy is that having that certain standard somehow means it's the only thing that matters when purchasing a $400-$500 console in 2013.

Since when did people on GAF begin to value their purchases?

jet1911

To me: New system = better graphical performance

Whenever i talk to my buddies about next gen systems the talk always revolves around the graphical advancements they'll offer... how much better it's going to look over current gen systems, it has however... never involved wondering what new gameplay experiences it'll bring.

I understand, I'm kinda the same. But a the end of the day if a game is not fun to play, even if it looks good, it'll still be a boring game. :p

Chuck

Still without luck
I like that some people are finally mentioning that the game doesn't look very good graphically. It really does look like a 360 game in a lot of ways. Not to say it won't be fun, but it's something that should be said rather than everyone in the press gushing over it with no reservations.

alterno69

Banned
It's crazy that some people on GAF have a certain standard towards a specific aspect for a $400-$500 console in 2013. Even more crazy is that having that certain standard somehow means it's the only thing that matters when purchasing a $400-$500 console in 2013.

Crazy times lol.

The nerve of some people expecting games to look good in a new console after the longest generation ever.

Hell, 1080P and locked 60FPS in a game like this isn't even much to ask considering how it looks.

I like that some people are finally mentioning that the game doesn't look very good graphically. It really does look like a 360 game in a lot of ways. Not to say it won't be fun, but it's something that should be said rather than everyone in the press gushing over it with no reservations.

I think it's disappointing personally, considering it's being touted as a big exclusive for Xbox, you want to showcase that hardware

Heresy!!!

Get ready to be attacked.

ramb0211

Banned
This game looks pretty fun, although it could just be that I like mechas too much.
The gunplay looks too dumb down tho.. I don't think I saw the crosshair jump even once due to recoil. Makes things look weightless.

Edit:

Does it have a vs mode? The video makes it look like its pure coop.

It's purely a vs mode. Each team has AI playing with them to make the conflicts larger and provide what Respawn calls "popcorn moments". Basically works like creeps in a MOBA to give you easy targets to kill and gain use of your Titan faster.

jet1911

Thankfully there are games coming out that are great looking and look fun to play as well...

Yeah, i have high hopes for Shadowfall, I really hope the campaign won't be a linear/scripted/superduper ultra setpieces driven. That forest level gives me hope!

Care to point me to a 360 game that looks like Titanfall?

The whole footage is so scripted it's laughable.

Game looks boring to me. Over the top. It is like they tried to blend every successful game this gen and make it one.

I can't understand the hype for this game. Just not my thing at all.

antitrop

Game looks boring to me. Over the top. It is like they tried to blend every successful game this gen and make it one.

How do you feel about Call of Duty 4?

OryoN

I still think this is the best game shown between either new console, so far. Additional points for winning people over, without having the flashiest of graphics. Not that it looks bad either.

alterno69

Banned

That's another problem, we should be seeing full matches instead of scripted and nicely edited stuff.

I still think this is the best game shown between either new console, so far. Additional points for winning people over, without having the flashiest of graphics. Not that it looks bad either.

Fair point. Just expected a bit more in the visual stakes, still a few months of development time left.

How do you feel about Call of Duty 4?

if im sincere to you,im tired of the COD formula,the whole run and gun,the numbers over the heads of every kill,the streaks,etc etc it was nice years ago,now feel stale,and putting parkour and mechs aliviate some of that,but not much ( at least for me)

maybe its time for a new formula not just more of the same with some new things

UNCMark

Banned
Awards mean shit these days

No, they actually mean something. Especially when the game consistently keeps winning the most awards at these shows. Or are we going to go with the infantile "they're all paid off" excuse?

So did no one notice she says the game is coming out in autumn of 2014? Stealth delay announcement?

Did you not notice all the sentences that preceded that statement?

Joco

So is it safe to say that this will take the place of Medal of Honor for EA?

As in it will fill the 1 year gap between Battlefield releases?

Probably. Although don't forget EA now has Battlefront in production as well, so they could have one of each every three years. That's what I hope they do, anyway.

As for the gameplay, I'm just not seeing what everyone else is so hyped up about. Maybe it's just because I've played more than my fair share of military shooters this generation, but other than the parkour/wall-running mechanic nothing else looks that different. Combat looks as hectic as COD, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but seeing a bunch of people bash Ghosts for being too fast-paced while turning around and praising Titanfall has left me scratching my head.

In short, the game looks solid but I'm not sold on it.

No, they actually mean something.

no,they dont mean nothing,you can use other arguments to defend the game,"looks fun" "people who played are very positive" etc etc..these are valid. awards? mean nothing,i have seen lot of broken games with a lot of awards on the cover,they mean shit if you wanna use them to add arguments to your biased agenda

Naked Lunch

This is the next big thing in FPSs. The wall running and movement alone is incredible - and thats even before the Titan v human gameplay. This game will be a force in 2014 and beyond.

For all the haters, there is a very distinct pattern to be seen. I say no more.

antitrop

I feel like some are undervaluing how radical it is that an FPS is focusing on movement. Like REALLY focusing on movement in a way that is reminiscent of classic multiplayer FPS of the past like Tribes, Team Fortress Classic, and Quake III Arena, that are all about the movement.

Call of Duty isn't really about the movement in that same way, so this is why TitanFall will feel radically different.

UNCMark

Banned
no,they dont mean shit,you can use other arguments to defend the game,"looks fun" "people who played are very positive" etc etc..these are valid? awards? mean shit,i have seen lot of broken games with a lot of awards on the cover,they mean shit if you wanna use them to add arguments to your biased agenda

When it wins awards from not only the press, but also gets voted Best of Show from gamers that played it, it means something whether or not you wished it didnt. All this "ahh it's just manufactured hype" nonsense is hilarious. They're manufacturing hype by letting people play their game.

And if you're going to threaten me in private messages, try to be a little more coherent.

Fezan

This game seriously look a ton of fun

Edit : where are the story bits from ? Its multiplayer only ? And if it was something which uncharted3 was trying wouldnt it get boring quikly ?

When it wins awards from not only the press, but also gets voted Best of Show from gamers that played it, it means something whether or not you wished it didnt. All this "ahh it's just manufactured hype" nonsense is hilarious. They're manufacturing hype by letting people play their game.

take it easy junior,im talking about awards on general,not the hype of this game,awards as an argument to defend the quality of any game ( specially the ones on e3) are just plan stupid and nonsense

Naked Lunch

take it easy junior,im talking about awards on general,not the hype of this game,awards as an argument to defend the quality of any game ( specially the ones on e3) are just plan stupid and nonsense

Playing the junior card is so weak - especially when you are getting destroyed in the argument.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I feel like people are undervaluing how radical it is that an FPS is focusing on movement. Like REALLY focusing on movement in a way that is reminscent of classic multiplayer FPS of the past like Tribes, Team Fortress Classic, and Quake III Arena, that are all about the movement.

Call of Duty isn't really about the movement in that same way, so this is why TitanFall will feel radically different.

i think that's why you're seeing some of us cranky old bastards who are usually the first to yawn off the promises of AAA FPS games seem uncharacteristically engaged by this. i've said it before, but this game feels built up from a distilled concept. like an intriguing quake mod or a kickstarter project which had a ocean of money dumped on it. we've been begging for a return to verticality in the modern FPS space for a generation.

the lack of finesse in the weapon handling is still a drag, though.

Special C

no,they dont mean shit,you can use other arguments to defend the game,"looks fun" "people who played are very positive" etc etc..these are valid? awards? mean shit,i have seen lot of broken games with a lot of awards on the cover,they mean shit if you wanna use them to add arguments to your biased agenda

This statement is very wrong. Granted, awards don't mean everything but to say they don't mean crap? They mean a lot more than any one individual opinion including yours and mine.

No, they actually mean something. Especially when the game consistently keeps winning the most awards at these shows. Or are we going to go with the infantile "they're all paid off" excuse?

Did you not notice all the sentences that preceded that statement?

Oops, missed that part. To be fair, she sort of stumbled through it quickly.

Top Bottom