• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV - Abigail Reveal Trailer

Hey, good catch! I couldn't put my finger on why he looked less muscular apart from the arm tires being gone in his alts but there it is.

A good lesson in not always judging something too harshly instantly, this.

But Capcom released that trailer...you'd think they'd know it was bugged and looked terrible.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Abigail's proportions were slightly bugged in the reveal trailer and was permanently stuck in V Trigger mode (which makes his muscles bigger)

VBBHR1Z.gif

launch trailer compared to the WSO stream today.
It's true! Watch his intro in the trailer and at the WSO stream (with timestamp):
Trailer: https://youtu.be/AcMiPWzXn0k?t=09s
WSO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmeDOeN1dog#t=10m58s

His proportions look much better, he's only supposed to look "deformed" in V-Trigger. Holy shit Capcom.

Hey, good catch! I couldn't put my finger on why he looked less muscular apart from the arm tires being gone in his alts but there it is.

A good lesson in not always judging something too harshly instantly, or jumping to conclusions, this...

Yeah shame on us for assuming Capcom wouldn't release a completely fucked up reveal trailer right? Anyway it's not like it changes much, the less muscular version looks slightly better but it's still horrendous design.

ec0ec0

It's true! Watch his intro in the trailer and at the WSO stream (with timestamp):
WSO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmeDOeN1dog#t=32m19s

His proportions look much better, he's only supposed to look "deformed" in V-Trigger. Holy shit Capcom.

I changed your timestamp on the WSO stream to one that uses the same costume as the reveal trailer. It uses a different color, thought. I tried to look if, somewhere, later in the video, they used the same color as the reveal trailer, and they do, but by that time they are already skiping the intro.

ec0ec0

It's really obvious the moment he laughs and goes into his neutral stance. Capcom fucked up.

you mean when he laughs in his intro, right as the camera zooms into him? yeah, i think the best place to compere would be in that moment, but before the camera gets too close (so you can still see his arms and hands).

Maybe someone can take pic of that both in the trailer and the WSO stream. We already have timespams to the intros (using the same costume):
WSO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmeDOeN1dog#t=32m19s

jett

D-Member
you mean when he laughs in his intro, right as the camera zooms into him? yeah, i think the best place to compere would be in that moment, but before the camera gets too close (so you can still see his arms and hands).

Maybe someone can take pic of that both in the trailer and the WSO stream. We already have timespams to the intros (using the same costume):

rFzoLiE.gif

lol at capcpom

what's wrong with that company

Pompadour

Good to hear. His bulging shoulders and biceps seemed pretty off-putting and made some of his animations, particularly his intro, look pretty wonky.

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed Capcom managed to fuck up in such a weird way. I'm not even sure how they pulled that off.

Bug went undiscovered, they gave it over to Capcpom UK or Capcpom US (whoever makes the trailer) once they felt it was ready, those guys didn't realize because Capcpom JP doesn't share anything and they just made a trailer and released it.

This is my guess.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I can see how it happened. Whoever made the video (US?) didn't work on the characer (Japan?) and didn't notice a problem with the version they had.

edit: Ha!

Nezzhil

Bug went undiscovered, they gave it over to Capcpom UK or Capcpom US (whoever makes the trailer) once they felt it was ready, those guys didn't realize because Capcpom JP doesn't share anything and they just made a trailer and released it.

This is my guess.

This company, damn... This company...

I made a thread to highlight this to the wider audience.

My main problem with Abigail was the awful proportions. (I think it still should be dialed back a notch out of V-trigger.)

Capcom just love scoring own goals.

Ryce

what's the story behind his name btw?
He's named after a 1987 King Diamond album. A handful of Final Fight characters are named after '80s rock: Poison, Roxy (Roxy Music), Axl (Axl Rose), and Slash.

Allegedly, Abigail was bullied as a child for having a girl's name, and that resentment drove him to a life of crime, but I can't find a source for this info on the Capcom Wikia.

AlexIIDX

Man his proportions really do look much better than the reveal trailer. What a fuck up....watched the WSO stream and he looks really fun.

NeonZ

What do you mean "character like this?" Just because some people don't like the looks doesn't mean he's not as viable as any other character in the roster. You can also buy him with FM if you wish. As for the "reaction", I'm somewhat glad Capcom isn't pandering to that crowd and are designing characters that are somewhat unique and refreshing.

He means it's not a waifu or a bro. Apparently some people live in a world where everybody is cute and/or edgy.

Yes, I mean that he's a goofy character, and in spite of not really being "new", he isn't iconic or famous. A character like that can work as part of a larger cast, but it's odd for them to attempt to sell it as a standalone DLC that must be bought individually (or obtained with the limited fight money most people would have), because the general reaction to him wasn't surprising at all.

Top Bottom