• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube/Twitch gaming channels that deserve more love

entremet

This a video version of this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1058551&page=1

I know certain high-profile incidents can put gaming streamers and YouTubers in a bad light, but there are thousands for well-meaning Youtubers/Streamers, putting out great work with integrity and class.

I thought we could use to this thread to shine a light on the better and underrepresented ones:

My personal fav that definitely deserves more love is My Life In Gaming. The channel's main focus is helping gamers get better display quality of retro consoles with modern displays. This is done via their RGB playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mylifeingaming

But the coolest thing about the channel is that both hosts are video editors by trade, so the production is very slick. Probably the best I've seen in Youtube gaming. And their delivery style isn't crazy. They're just being themselves. The guys are also around my age so do they a lot of deep dives into games I grew up with. The also do modern stuff too.

Recent video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEvTHbgNQY4

And recently they produced the Night Trap documentary, which was included in Limited Run Games Collector's Edition. The documentary is also on their channel as well.

What are your picks?

Wamb0wneD

Easy Allies deservers all the love they can get. Love and respect!

x5X14GJ.gif

NxyE7zZ.gif

Bithead 1000

Side splittingly funny. Does garage sales, pick up videos and other bits and bobs. His childhood memories of gaming are worth watching the videos for alone.
Very DIY in its presentation which contrasts with everyone else who tend to do the same thing.

The only channel where I stop what I'm doing to watch when he posts a new video up.

dakun

Video Games Awesome (farfromsubtle on YT).. watched them for years now and they are the opposite of what i hate about most YT personalities.
There are a lot of fanmade highlight compilations of their best moments on youtube. Highly recommend watching them.

ehead

Mega64 - they're main channel, twitch channel, and archives deserve more love

I mean they don't need to prove much since they've worked with big gaming icons, but it would be nice to see them meet the target they set earlier this year.

Wamb0wneD

Mega64 - they're main channel, twitch channel, and archives deserve more love

I mean they don't need to prove much since they've worked with big gaming icons, but it would be nice to see them meet the target they set earlier this year.

Fuck I almost forgot them. The Dark Souls of youtube channels.

kulapik

Vinesauce is definitely the one to follow. He doesn't show notifications, call out subs or donations. In fact, the other day Twitch made bit donations mandatory and he asked people not to donate them to not clutter chat, and then proceeded to delete the video on twitch (it's on YouTube) since it was making the whole opposite. Plus he's very entertaining

Pastebutty

Neo Member
I mainly watch retro stuff and at the moment I'm enjoying The Last Gamer too, his collection is ridiculously large. I also like Nostalgia Nerd, Kim Justice and The 8 Bit Guy.

Heero5

HappyConsoleGamer is by far my favorite YT channel. Some seriously excellent stories about games and anime.

https://www.twitch.tv/silentsentry

Sentry deserves all the love! He's currently playing PUBG, R6:Siege, and GTA Role Play but mostly PUBG.

The coolest thing about his streams is that he explains his strategies and every move he does in PUBG like why he's doing what he's doing and what are the possible consequences.

He helped me learn a lot and get my chicken dinners!

Video Games Awesome (farfromsubtle on YT).. watched them for years now and they are the opposite of what i hate about most YT personalities.
There are a lot of fanmade highlight compilations of their best moments on youtube. Highly recommend watching them.

I like them too for their reactions but the guys (and gal) are quite bad at playing games and doesn't seems to posses much knowledge in terms of the gaming world. Frasier always seems to have difficulty with the controls of games for some reason.

Bahorel

What's Good Games doesn't even have 10k subscribers yet. They're my fave new podcast and very thorough and fun.

Also for watching games, I love ChristopherOdd. Always kind and respectful, amusing and thoughtful with no offensive humor.

AndyVirus

Their let's plays haven't been the same since Ben moved out in 2013. And it's even worse now 80% of their streams are Overwatch.

KageMaru

Easy Allies deservers all the love they can get. Love and respect!

x5X14GJ.gif

NxyE7zZ.gif

ACG
Best reviews on YouTube, reviews practically every major games as well as Indie games.

Very much these two channels. The amount of quality content you get from just these two channels alone is insane.

It's especially awesome how ACG interacts with his patreon subscribers. I've been a subscriber of his for a while now and I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

I know they're a big magazine brand but I found myself watching Game Informer's Super Replays with Andrew Reiner, Kyle Hilliard, and Ben Reeves and they're great. Been watching their runs for RE4, Shenmue, and Sonic '06.

Ravelle

I'm a big CohhCarnage fan, super chill dude who's just being himself while playing and is super involved with the community, it also has a friendly and welcoming community.

He's a variety streaming and does also francizes and whatever is hot at the moment.

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

Also a vote for ACG from me, someone mentioned to check him out here a while ago so I did, he makes some fantastic reviews that are on par with GameTrailers/Easy Allies video reviews.

Also NoClip Danny O'Dwyer's new Project in which he takes a deep dive in to a video game and travels around to interview developers and the people involved. And ClothMap Drew Scanlon's new dig in which he travels around the world and documents how certain parts of the world influenced videogames.

8-Bit Music Theory

I really love video game music that I am currently taking a 1 unit video game music class at uni. I found this channel a good supplement to the class. Admittedly, the content can be very advanced and requires a lot of prior knowledge of Music Theory. But there are two videos for beginners (labelled "Tutorial Mode"). And for those with Music Theory experience, I am sure you will enjoy the channel's videos a lot.

ACG and NoClip are the only two I can think of that I can fully vouch that deserve more love. Lately, Youtube and Twitch streamers have come out of the woodworks like straight up trash when it comes to their morality.

Nor501

Definitely recommend Rageselect. I think the reason they're not more popular is because they talk over the games they play but I don't really mind that. I found my favorite non-gaming podcast Night Attack through them because they sometimes have it's co-host Brian Brushwood on and he is super funny. I also watch TFS Gaming but they're pretty popular already because of DBZ Abridged.

hotcyder

Lot of very good picks in the thread - I'll and mention a few smaller channels with great content:

Chadunda
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaaMfVZ1ageYNStciQYPh6w

His videos are always very well composed together, and he brings a lot of personality to his content

Game Score Fanfare
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8P_raHQ4EoWTSH2GMESMQA

One of the smartest people currently talking about Music in games. A subject I don't know a lot about but these videos make it much more digestible - as well as interesting.

Ehmaysi
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7nv8LSYAaEAcNsEAZnEINA

Makes super neat Audio/Visual art with videogames

and uh... if you're interested

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_r8gFeezEBZVnazvbv75pQ

I've been producing videos now for a few months. I cover games old and new that do something in particular that makes them worth examination, as some initial impressions of newer games and more conventional reviews. I put a lot of care into graphics, audio and presentation - and have been working on improving my delivery and the content of the videos.

My latest video on DOOM (2016) went up yesterday night, and I've recently done a deep dive on what Banjo-Kazooie and Super Mario 64 so well regarded and what developers can learn from them, as well as a re-evaluation and celebration video of Nuts and Bolts.

Hopefully there's something you can appreciate that I've done. Otherwise, feel free to tell me off for self-promotion!

ASpec:

Ex paradox employee pretty much does all things Stellaris, a 4X game. He does videos on the Dev diaries and other mechanics. He also does let's plays.

Many a True Nerd:

Became popular for his unique lets plays in fallout (no kill etc). Him and his wife have great chemistry when they do videos together

Jerma. The man's a complete nut, who also happens to be the most genuine streamer out there. He's just a weird dude who likes playing video games and wrestling.

Also, I'd be remiss not to mention OutsideXbox and OutsideXtra. They don't really do gaming news well, and they're a listicle-based channel, but the chemistry between the presenters is amazing. When they improv and riff off one another, it's absolutely hilarious and often times better than their scripted stuff. Definitely check them out.

Blam

Electric Playground. Hosted by Victor Lucas, one of the greatest game journalists ever.

Yes EP needs more love.

Jerma. The man's a complete nut, who also happens to be the most genuine streamer out there. He's just a weird dude who likes playing video games and wrestling.

Also, I'd be remiss not to mention OutsideXbox and OutsideXtra. They don't really do gaming news well, and they're a listicle-based channel, but the chemistry between the presenters is amazing. When they improv and riff off one another, it's absolutely hilarious and often times better than their scripted stuff. Definitely check them out.

Jerma is genuinely great. His recent Red Dead Redemption video was fantastic. I'd also say that Tyler 1 has some pretty hilarious videos on his YouTube.

Top Bottom