• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: AA/AC Steam Patch Live. Mac Version, Achievements, and GFWL/Securom removal

Grief.exe

I bought the dlc through the steam store but I'm sure it activated through gfwl, fuck if I lost all that it really sucks, money down the drain.

If you bought them through Steam you will be fine, they are added to your registry app.

GFWL doesn't provide keys for DLC, that is why 2K just provided Minerva's Den for existing owners. There is no way to prove whether a person had already purchased the DLC.

So were the Steam Achievements just added to AA today?

They have been added for a while, but you could not earn them. They should be obtainable now, still need confirmation.

Uhm... It is on sale.

Yep:

WfSRjTg.png

mkat3Lb.png

Grief, you can add - all your saved progress, since it was tied to GFWL servers, is gone - to the OP.

So much for me ever finishing new game plus.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I bought Arkham City on Origin.. will it let me register that CD Key with Steam? Doesn't look it will....
If you can find a CD key somewhere it should theoretically do it.

Regardless, try again later as there may still be a few hiccups at the moment.

Sullichin

Was waiting for this. My nephew couldn't play AC because of GFWL, and we tried everything. What a piece of shit. Good riddance.
Mac version is icing.

The only GFWL games I'm waiting to see what happens with now are Dark Souls and Resident Evil 5.

Korezo

I bought AA digital a while ago from the website that is now owned by gamefly I think, do those codes also work on steam?

Grief.exe

I bought AA a while ago in the website that is now owned by gamefly I think, do those codes also work on steam?

I don't know, try them out.

Still need confirmation on retail or digital activations, the system may not be implemented yet, but the capability is there.

Derrick01

Banned
Still no AC patch for me :\

On the other hand since the games are on sale is that Harley DLC really as terrible as it seems to be? That's the only main DLC I don't have from AC. Steam says I have robin and nightwing.

Miker

Really wish they gave us dirty vanilla AC owners an upgrade path to the GOTY.

Hear, hear. I have no intention of shelling out $7.50 for the GOTY edition. Hell, the GOTY edition has been cheaper than that (~$6) on GMG in previous sales.

Stitch

Gold Member
AC isn't updating for me.

It also always saved to the Steam Cloud for some reason so my savegame should be fine.

Nabs

On the other hand since the games are on sale is that Harley DLC really as terrible as it seems to be? That's the only main DLC I don't have from AC. Steam says I have robin and nightwing.

It might be limited to AC GOTY for now.

Don't know how good Arkham Origins will be, but these two are definitely worthy of a playthrough now that GFWL and especially Securom is gone.

Grief.exe

AC isn't updating for me./QUOTE]

Restarting Steam will sometimes push updates. If you are in another game then the system won't update.

Boo. My GFWL copy of AA is not activating. I want a non GOTY version.

System isn't implemented yet apparently.

This is another possibility:

It might be limited to AC GOTY for now.

vg260

Yes! Finally.

Been waiting to replay AA with PhysX.

I have an unregistered retail copy of Arkham City Vanilla I picked up for cheap. Not sure what to do with it now. Obviously a bad pickup in hindsight.

Stitch

Gold Member
Funny thing is that the game wants to know my CD Key but Steam removed my CD Key lol

gaben pls

Just got a 19.8MB Patch for Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition and a 91.7MB patch for Batman: Arkham City GOTY. There was also an update for the news page for Batman: Arkham City GOTY.

Important Batman Arkham Announcement

OCTOBER 17 - ERIK.MILLER

Dear Batman Arkham Fans - Microsoft has begun the process of closing down Windows Live services over the next year. To make sure there is no interrupted service, we will be moving the game to Steam for verification and update services for both the Base and GOTY versions of Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City.

If you purchased either of the games on Steam all you have to do is let Steam download the latest patch and you will be fine.

If you purchased the games somewhere else you will need to enter the code in Steam. (You can find steps to do this on the bottom of this.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to continue playing from your current save. You will need to start a new game.

Going forward you do not have to worry about where you stored that disc. If you switch computers or go to a friend’s house you simply need to download Steam, log into your account, then go to the library and select to install your game.

The following link can be used to learn more about Steam and to download Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

To enter your CD Key in Steam please do the following:

1. Click ADD A GAME....

2. Select Activate a Product on Steam..

3. Click Next.

4. Click I Agree.

5. Enter your CD Key and select next once the game finishes downloading you will be able to play the game.

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/200260/announcements/detail/1909817119598626547

AndyBNV

Nvidia
http://steamcommunity.com/games/200260/announcements/detail/1909817119598626547

Dear Batman Arkham Fans - Microsoft has begun the process of closing down Windows Live services over the next year. To make sure there is no interrupted service, we will be moving the game to Steam for verification and update services for both the Base and GOTY versions of Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City.

If you purchased either of the games on Steam all you have to do is let Steam download the latest patch and you will be fine.

If you purchased the games somewhere else you will need to enter the code in Steam. (You can find steps to do this on the bottom of this.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to continue playing from your current save. You will need to start a new game.

Going forward you do not have to worry about where you stored that disc. If you switch computers or go to a friend’s house you simply need to download Steam, log into your account, then go to the library and select to install your game.

The following link can be used to learn more about Steam and to download Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

To enter your CD Key in Steam please do the following:

1. Click ADD A GAME....

2. Select Activate a Product on Steam..

3. Click Next.

4. Click I Agree.

5. Enter your CD Key and select next once the game finishes downloading you will be able to play the game.

Grief.exe

Redemption package was just updated

• about 20 hours ago Added name – Batman: Arkham City GFWL Redemption
  • about 20 hours ago Added Batman: Arkham City™ to the package
  • 2 minutes ago Added Batman: Arkham City GOTY to the package

I think they gave everyone who hadn't purchased the AC GOTY edition who had the vanilla edition it for free. I bought AC like two years ago but never bought the GOTY edition. Restarted steam and now AC GOTY is in my library. Maybe thats why the update hasn't been pushed to those who have the non GOTY edition?

edit: lol, beaten by miliseconds.

Firebrand

Saves are gone? Oh dear. Probably should have have finished Arkham City's
post-credits Catwoman bit + the Riddler stuff
then.

So I probably should have done this earlier, but if I got this through the GFW Client, am I out of luck (considering the client doesn't launch anymore, and the transaction history on Xbox.com seems to only go back a year)?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Grief, you can add - all your saved progress, since it was tied to GFWL servers, is gone - to the OP.
That's terrible :(
Guess I'll have to finally finish
Catwoman's final fight
before updating then...

Top Bottom