• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Gibbs

So I've pretty much been on a gay Netflix binge. There have some been pretty great movies, some ok movies, and movies that look like they were made for a college film class. But does anyone have some recommendations for some maybe unknown lgbt movies to recommend?

Watch Bridegroom if you haven't.

I have one in my netflix queue that was great. I'll update this later when I log back in and find it.

Yeah I saw bridegroom. Great documentary but put me in a sour mood for the rest of the day. Hawaii seems like a good choice as it gets tiring watching movies about people dying, having emotional breakdowns, or a combination.

Gibbs

Yeah I saw bridegroom. Great documentary but put me in a sour mood for the rest of the day. Hawaii seems like a good choice as it gets tiring watching movies about people dying, having emotional breakdowns, or a combination.

I'll uhh.... just ignore logging into Netflix and finding the movie I was gonna suggest. All the death =(

berzeli

Banned
So I've pretty much been on a gay Netflix binge. There have some been pretty great movies, some ok movies, and movies that look like they were made for a college film class. But does anyone have some recommendations for some maybe unknown lgbt movies to recommend?

Is this the point at which I repost that massive list of films and TV/documentaries I compiled a while back?

Though, that list is a tad out of date. It doesn't even have Carol on it.

Basically what I'm saying is; Watch Carol.
(I don't care that it isn't that unknown, just watch it people)

Kevyt

Hmmm... Sometimes it feels like time froze. I was looking at some of my high school friends and they've changed so much it seems, but for me I still feel the same.

I feel like I have not accomplished anything meaningful in life but I try to convince myself that I have but I really haven't.

Who am I kidding... Many of my friends are starting a master's program and I haven't even gotten a bachelors, lol... :(

Palmer27

so, I need to ask you something, is it wrong for you to love? why do you need to hide love from someone else?? Love doesn't mean that you are going to just give yourself completely (which you should never do, we need to keep some for ourselves).

I know people can be harsh, that they can really hurt us, but the moment we get really hurt is when we ourselves do it, if you love him and he is interested in you, I don't see why you can't tell that, you are hurting yourself in all this because you seem to have been loving him.

Now, I think it's pretty good of you taking your time to put your feelings in order, that seems like a very good option, but be sure to come out of that time with everything in order, after that time you should know what you want, else you are going to hurt yourself more. May be think if you really love him or if it is just an obsession (that can happen.)

Thanks for the advice - 2nd paragraph I think is spot on. I want to be with him but I'm having a slower 2nd week to help myself process this and be with him at a pace I can manage.

It does seem too fast to be love but who knows. Take your time, date, get to know each other and see how it goes.

We've agreed for a slower 2nd week

This sounds like me and my partner when we started dating. Within the first week of getting to know each other we talked about a future together and said I love you. Our 10 year anniversary is next week. I would just roll with it and see what happens maybe you guys are ment to be together.

Thank you for the reality check.

sis if you love each other then what does it even matter?

I like that. I think I love you too.

I'll uhh.... just ignore logging into Netflix and finding the movie I was gonna suggest. All the death =(

Haha no go ahead anything is fine as long as it's good. I just like to mix it up as constant tragic movies can be a real downer when you just want to relax.

Oh and thanks berzeli for the nice list!

Beth Cyra

Hmmm... Sometimes it feels like time froze. I was looking at some of my high school friends and they've changed so much it seems, but for me I still feel the same.

I feel like I have not accomplished anything meaningful in life but I try to convince myself that I have but I really haven't.

Who am I kidding... Many of my friends are starting a master's program and I haven't even gotten a bachelors, lol... :(
Im like that too but I don't even have a degree.

I became an at home mom right out of high school and while I adore my three children I hate the fact I don't have a career to speak of and only work a customer service job that doesn't even make 20 dollars and hour so I don't even have the prospects of a bachelors.

I'm trying now but at 32, Lesbian and Trans at times it feels like it really is pointless.

All that said to answer your early question I just started working on Comp Overwatch as a Mercy and Rein main.

Dany

Banned
What was the username of the former gay gaffers who used to post in the tv threads a ton who currently is writing scripts for star trek and American gods?

Astral Dog

I had this shaming feeling when i meet my good college classmate a few days ago,still thin and she looks the same as always very pretty but now working as a teacher in a big university while im parking cars in a lot to afford gasoline .its like time didn't change a thing either with me barely babbling a few words :p
ahh my successful professional buddies i wonder how they are doing.

but its ok.what i mean is that life has different paths for all of us and all that,don't confuse academical achievment with true success or necessity ,one can always work to improve oneself or learn specially when education is more accessible than ever.

daripad

Does anyone here play overwatch competitive in console or PC?

Me on PS4 but only on weekends. I love playing tanks but if my team needs something else I can do it.

And dude, do not feel ashamed of not achieving academical success. Everyone has their one pace at achieving things, and even then it doesn't mean you're really succeeding in life. Plus, there is career success and personal success, you can still feel like you have gotten the things you want in life and not what people tell you to do.

Vazduh

Who else can relate? :D

How-To-Get-A-Hot-Date_o_112856.jpg

Bladenic

Wait you don't even a degree yet? And yet you have what sounds like a really important job in D.C. I think you're doing pretty damn fine. Be proud. Plus degrees ain't shit these days.

OrionX

Fresh off of a weeklong fishing trip and settling back into the upsetting reality that I don't in fact live in a condo by the beach. Still gay so I figured I'd check back in and renew my membership.

Carry on.

Kevyt

Wait you don't even a degree yet? And yet you have what sounds like a really important job in D.C. I think you're doing pretty damn fine. Be proud. Plus degrees ain't shit these days.

Yeah, I don't have a degree and I am working on project funded by the CDC and Washington DC's Department of Health.

It's not a really important position since anyone can do this (it's mostly data collection and reporting).

I remember when my friend mentioned that to his other friend (the first one has some fancy doctorate and was a researcher at George Washington University, and the latter ran some film festival thing in the area) he chuckled and said "they let anyone in these days?" Looking skeptical and kinda laughing about it, lol.

I was like okay... xD

Bladenic

Yeah, I don't have a degree and I am working on project funded by the CDC and Washington DC's Department of Health.

It's not a really important position since anyone can do this (it's mostly data collection and reporting).

I remember when my friend mentioned that to his other friend (the first one has some fancy doctorate and was a researcher at George Washington University, and the latter ran some film festival thing in the area) he chuckled and said "they let anyone in these days?" Looking skeptical and kinda laughing about it, lol.

I was like okay... xD

Wow people are such assholes 💀 At least wait and talk shit after someone leaves 🗿

Gibbs

Fresh off of a weeklong fishing trip and settling back into the upsetting reality that I don't in fact live in a condo by the beach. Still gay so I figured I'd check back in and renew my membership.

Carry on.

All the gay. Welcome back to reality!

The upside of having no friends is that you have no one to compare your life to ! I do my own thang.

Oh I lived by this until my sister pretty much made it known today how much of a failure in life I am. She has it out for me like none other. Difference between us is that I'm a good human and will do for anyone, and all she wants to do is interject herself into peoples issues and make it known what they do wrong. All she does is bash people. Heartless bitch.

Hey guys, guess who has a new job as a host?!

:D

Extremely happy for you dude!

Kevyt

Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I'm finding the new season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt underwhelming and boring.

It feels like they're using the same formula over and over.

Bladenic

Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I'm finding the new season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt underwhelming and boring.

Okay so I'm not the only one who thought it was hot garbage

It's done, cancel it. There were like 3 good jokes, mostly from Legend Jacqueline, who was far more interesting than Kimbecile or Tinitus this season.

Although I did chuckle at "How do you know who calls with boys? Is that what being a "top" is?" Or something to that effect lmao

Crayons

Banned
omg do you have to wear a little hat :3

Uhh...I dont think so. Lol

Waiter?

Also, is the sushi good?

No, a host. Waiters bring the food. Hosts seat people. And idk how the sushi is yet.

I just had vegetarian sushi coincidentally!

The likelihood of finding a sugar daddy is a little lower but still congratulations. :)

It's actually a pretty expensive restaurant that I could never afford to eat at and you need a reservation to go to, so you never know

Gibbs

Pretty great, thanks! It's been about a month now...things are progressing, but we're taking it slow. Last date was pretty hot though, finally. (I'm just relieved that we excite each other.) ;)

Excellent news dude! Glad to hear its going well!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

That's pretty much what regular comedy shows do though, to be fair. 30 Rock, Veep, Silicon Valley, You're the Worst, etc. all pretty much stick to their same show-specific formulas every episode/season.

I'm enjoying the third season of UKS (I'm halfway through), but I also haven't grown tired of the formula yet.

Uhh...I dont think so. Lol

aww :(

Kevyt

^^ Yeah, pretty much... I:

Also, I've started on a keto diet! Well at least I am trying to because it's really hard to give up carbs or eat very little carbs so that my body can go into ketogenesis. Watching this video was a great introduction into what my diet would look like and some quick facts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIknpFMeItE

It is a struggle... I feel very weak, lol.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
New season of Kimmy is as good as ever, literally can't grasp how anyone sees this or last season as some drastic drop in quality or humor.

kuYuri

I've been on a vegetarian diet for 8 days now, goal is to maintain it for a month. It's been going well, but boy do I miss meat already.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've been on a vegetarian diet for 8 days now, goal is to maintain it for a month. It's been going well, but boy do I miss meat already.

Find stuff that may work as alternatives for meat. I usually go for tofu but there is different things you can use depending what you wanna eat. If you wanna eat a burrito make it with beans instead of meat, tofu patties for burgers and so on. It will never be the same as eating meat but you can make something to make the struggle less.

Top Bottom