• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Natiko

Banned
My gut agrees with you. I could neither fit myself into either of their shoes and make those posts as town. Stretching this out to include Sawneeks is brave.

Vote: Sawneeks
Wow if those posts can't possibly be from town I don't know what the hell we'll classify Blarg's as once he appears.

Burbeting

Banned
Wow if those posts can't possibly be from town I don't know what the hell we'll classify Blarg's as once he appears.

Blarg is interesting in that he always swaps his playstyle rapidly every game, even if it looks like he just creates random chaos every time. I'll judge him once I get actual posts from him.

Natiko

Banned
Why are you so confident to call BlackBuzzards and Sawneeks town
Someone's jumping to conclusions. You do remember you stated a blanket statement about how you can't see any of the posts coming from town including mine right? I know my alignment so by default I know your statement is wrong.

Someone's jumping to conclusions. You do remember you stated a blanket statement about how you can't see any of the posts coming from town including mine right? I know my alignment so by default I know your statement is wrong.
Well you said "if those posts can't possibly be from town", does that only include your posts or that other person's posts too?

Darryl

Banned

You know your own alignment, therefore your interactions with BlackBuzzards weren't forced, therefore BlackBuzzards isolated interactions with Sawneeks weren't forced. This is all rational to you? You are confident enough to become territorial of another player (I didn't vote for you), because of those connections?

Natiko

Banned
Well you said "if those posts can't possibly be from town", does that only include your posts or that other person's posts too?
It was a blanket statement regarding the whole exchange and accusing it all of being fabricated. I know my statements were not which invalidates their statement. That's all I know.

Natiko

Banned
You know your own alignment, therefore your interactions with BlackBuzzards weren't forced, therefore BlackBuzzards isolated interactions with Sawneeks weren't forced. This is all rational to you? You are confident enough to become territorial of another player (I didn't vote for you), because of those connections?
Where did I say anything of the sort? Burb implies my posts and BlackBuzzard's posts are forced. You agree and say neither of our posts seem town and then throw in Sawneeks as well. I state that I know your conclusion is wrong because I am town. You then jump to saying I'm defending Sawneeks or BlackBuzzard or both. Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion other than grasping at straws.

Sure, let's start this game by getting hung up on minute nonsense. It helps so much and never results in bad town choices.

New folks: what do you look for on day one in games in general?

Sawneeks

Banned
Sawneeks, on the scale of 1-10, how artificially created was that conversation between natiko and blackbuzzard above?

Like a 5.5 to a 6, enough to give make me raise an eyebrow but not enough to be lighting a torch. yet.

Why did you direct this at me specifically? Also, your thoughts on it?

As artificial as bland-fruitless pizza

I see we're all answering questions for each other now. :x

My gut agrees with you. I could neither fit myself into either of their shoes and make those posts as town. Stretching this out to include Sawneeks is brave.

lol

Hi Darryl, it's been a while. Can you explain your vote on me? Because I get your suspicion on BB and Natiko in their interactions but I'm lost on how Burb asking me a question results in your vote.

thanks

This feels like a halfhearted deflection :x

Sawneeks

Banned
also I ordered pizza

eJWyUGP.jpeg

it was good.

Burbeting

Banned
Like a 5.5 to a 6, enough to give make me raise an eyebrow but not enough to be lighting a torch. yet.

Why did you direct this at me specifically? Also, your thoughts on it?

I asked you because I always have the hardest time making any sort of solid read about you, so I wanted to get some first direct input about you.

And something about that conversation bothers me right now. It felt artificial, creating some sort of deflection between two people out of nothing.

Natiko

Banned
This feels like a halfhearted deflection :x
More a commentary on the meta focusing on lynching anyone that makes noise lately. The fact that I take some time at the beginning of the game with no info to work off of to goof around a bit and you see people chomping at the bit to single it out already. I can't imagine the perspectives of Blarg or kyan who get lynched based on their posting style regardless of the substance.

More a commentary on the meta focusing on lynching anyone that makes noise lately. The fact that I take some time at the beginning of the game with no info to work off of to goof around a bit and you see people chomping at the bit to single it out already. I can't imagine the perspectives of Blarg or kyan who get lynched based on their posting style regardless of the substance.

Anyone who makes noise, employs a different strategy, says things in a way that someone else wouldn't say, etc., etc. At least, this is what I've observed so far in my limited experience. Then there are some people who get away with things others can't. That's weird, too.

But I mean, humans are weird. Some of them put fruit on pizza, even, like goddamned barbarians.

Like I said previously, I'll be gone for the next 5 days, starting tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, I'm kinda fucking tired of people skating, so please be smart and lynch somebody who is coasting for no reason D1.

Also, to be clear, everyone is aware this is role madness right? Don't expect last minute claims to save you when everyone is potentially valuable.

Do consider claiming sooner than normal, if you have particularly useful info.

Do expect to have more deaths than normal.

Don't completely trust any info you receive, cause unless Sophia says otherwise, I'd expect some of the roles to be bastard.

Don't play the squares game with Blargonaut.

Don't put goddamn fruit on pizza. What the fuck is wrong with you.

Please elaborate my furry friend..

Sawneeks

Banned
I asked you because I always have the hardest time making any sort of solid read about you, so I wanted to get some first direct input about you.

And something about that conversation bothers me right now. It felt artificial, creating some sort of deflection between two people out of nothing.

Fair enough.

The conversation does feel forced/awkward but I don't know if it's just the way it's worded or how their back-and-forth is and I don't know what to, if anything, gain from it. I also kinda feel like it's worth noting that Nat did open the game with a joke vote on BB for his pre-game post which also leaves me scratching my head. If this is all artificial I'm not sure I would understand the joke-vote leading into the forced argument in such a short amount of time, that just seems incredibly brash to me.

Well if Kyan's perspective is anything to go off of: it's very annoying.

It's also not even 6 hours into Day 1 and no one has voted for you over this so I'm not sure where you're getting this lynching aspect from. We have an entire Day Phase left and not even half of the player roster has even checked in yet. The only thing that happened is Burb made a note of it and then Darryl ( plus comments from a few others ) came in and ran with it, not even voting for you during that process.

You can at least understand that in a sea of joke posts when something weird happens people will take note of it, right? :x

Moonkid

Sure, let's start this game by getting hung up on minute nonsense. It helps so much and never results in bad town choices.

New folks: what do you look for on day one in games in general?
People who stir the pot *eyesemoji*. In all seriousness, I'm not really looking out for anything in particular. Is there even anything of substance to ascertain at this point? It's all pointing fingers and getting antsy as discussed above.

People who stir the pot *eyesemoji*. In all seriousness, I'm not really looking out for anything in particular. Is there even anything of substance to ascertain at this point? It's all pointing fingers and getting antsy as discussed above.

Hey MoonKid, yeah D1 lynches tend to have nothing better to go off. It's all fingerpointing to see if anyone behaves 'funny' supposedly.
BTW You a kiwi?

Moonkid

Hey MoonKid, yeah D1 lynches tend to have nothing better to go off. It's all fingerpointing to see if anyone behaves 'funny' supposedly.
BTW You a kiwi?
Yup, Korean-Kiwi to be exact. I actually got my citizenship just the other week, bit overdue since I've been here pretty much my entire life.

Darryl

Banned
Hi Darryl, it's been a while. Can you explain your vote on me? Because I get your suspicion on BB and Natiko in their interactions but I'm lost on how Burb asking me a question results in your vote.

thanks

Well, I read Burbeting's message to you a little different. It actually felt provocative to me, rather than a friendly probe for information. Right, so let's assume that those two really did have forced-feeling interactions. Well - why do people have reactions that feel forced? Stuff like that - really the sensation of being forced, is usually the result of a organized game plan where the action isn't natural because nobody is going off their intuition, but is instead overly crafting their responses according to some other criteria. So, if they were forced, then it was probably a group gambit, well else did they drag in? Here is some really forced feeling interactions between Sawneeks and BB.

also just as a general heads up I'm still in classes + work so I won't be as active as I usually am. probably. wouldn't be a new thing if I put off homework for mafia. >.>;;

you'll still get my multi-post super summaries though, those aren't going away.

<3

I'll have you and WAMD know I'm still ordering pizza tonight.

Good.

Pineapple-less

Pizza.

I thought Burbeting was making some really fantastic leaps with his intuition. I thought that was next-level stuff, but I guess not. Now that this has come to pass - if he wasn't thinking this route, I'm not sure why he didn't say anything and instead took a bystander (post verifying his thought process was not along this route) position when I probed along his thought process. As, during my probing, he had just this to say:

Blarg is interesting in that he always swaps his playstyle rapidly every game, even if it looks like he just creates random chaos every time. I'll judge him once I get actual posts from him.

A very funny response during all of this. "I'll judge Blarg when I see his posts", coming from someone who first voted for Blarg. It's always suspicious to me when someone creates a line of thinking and then lets someone else take the lead on it.

Dr. Worm

Banned
After getting lynched D2 as town in Arkham and posting a lot, I'll trim it down a bit now

This will be aided by me being busier in the mornings and evenings irl, but I'll do what I can in the afternoons and later at night

Natiko

Banned
Fair enough.

The conversation does feel forced/awkward but I don't know if it's just the way it's worded or how their back-and-forth is and I don't know what to, if anything, gain from it. I also kinda feel like it's worth noting that Nat did open the game with a joke vote on BB for his pre-game post which also leaves me scratching my head. If this is all artificial I'm not sure I would understand the joke-vote leading into the forced argument in such a short amount of time, that just seems incredibly brash to me.

Well if Kyan's perspective is anything to go off of: it's very annoying.

It's also not even 6 hours into Day 1 and no one has voted for you over this so I'm not sure where you're getting this lynching aspect from. We have an entire Day Phase left and not even half of the player roster has even checked in yet. The only thing that happened is Burb made a note of it and then Darryl ( plus comments from a few others ) came in and ran with it, not even voting for you during that process.

You can at least understand that in a sea of joke posts when something weird happens people will take note of it, right? :x
To clarify at no point did I say people were waiting to lynch me or anything. I simply said look at how fast people started singling it out as "forced" "artificial" etc. I just felt it was a good moment to point out people already following the same logic that has lost town a LOT of games lately. It's D1 and there's not much to talk about so I get it, but that same reasoning is why I've been cavalier with my posts. D1's are a crapshoot until maybe the last 12 hours and even then it's still usually pretty flimsy.

Palmer_v1

Please elaborate my furry friend..

In what way? Do all the new(er) players know what role madness means?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_Madness

Role Madness refers to a type of game where most or all of the players have power roles; that is, there are few to no true Vanilla Townies. Because there are so many power roles, the veracity or effectiveness of Night Actions is very difficult to determine without knowledge of what the other players did. Role Madness games have been known to include unique roles designed by the moderator's whim as well, further increasing the potential for confusion.

Role Madness games are not to be confused with bastard mod games. In the former, the confusion stems from the sheer number of role interactions. In the latter, the confusion comes from the moderator omitting vital details about players' roles (if not lying to them outright).

Because the game hinges so much on players' Night choices and the number of possibilities to account for are so high, balancing a Role Madness game can only be rough at best. When reviewing a power-heavy game like this, the two things that must be checked for are broken combinations (i.e. if everyone claimed, could a group of players use their Night action to dominate the game? If not, could they do it after a certain player dies?) and whether any one faction can become grossly more powerful than the other(s).

The subversion of including a single Vanilla Townie in a Role Madness game has been done many times over, to the point where claiming to be a Vanilla Townie has been considered self-confirming (if not an outright Town-tell).

You know what? I was considering this anyway, but this kinda reinforces my thought.

I'm the Vanilla Townie.

My bolded(slightly paraphrased) role name says i'm a casual pizza lover who only has it like once a month. That's basically the only difference between my role PM and the sample one, which can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236829534&postcount=1

Why would I claim?

1. It's low risk for town at this point, and gives everyone something solid to react to today.
2. Egotistical, but this increases my odds of not being Night Killed, and I'm better than average at scum hunting on our actual day phases. Assuming I'm telling the truth and haven't gone full Dusk.
3. I hate D1.
4. Fuck it.

SexyFish

Banned
After getting lynched D2 as town in Arkham and posting a lot, I'll trim it down a bit now

This will be aided by me being busier in the mornings and evenings irl, but I'll do what I can in the afternoons and later at night
I got lynched with you for being too jumpy, so I'm instead going to eat French bread pizzas and put more thought into my shitty posts.

Dr. Worm

Banned
You'd think RMs would stop doing including that, since it's not really a subversion. I guess it's easier to "balance?"

I'll buy that claim, though.

SexyFish

Banned
Hello! What's your favorite Pizza Topping? What do you plan to do differently in this game as opposed to your last game? Can you explain to me why Pineapple should never be on a Pizza or Burger?
Favorite topping is easily pepperoni, especially the tiny ones that curl hard around the edges. I plan to not be as bandwagon-y, make more independent observations. Pineapple should be on everything, and it should be inside sushi rolls, too.

Palmer_v1

You'd think RMs would stop doing including that, since it's not really a subversion. I guess it's easier to "balance?"

I'll buy that claim, though.

To be fair, that wiki is from another site, so when it talks about meta trends, it doesn't always apply to us. I haven't actually paid any attention to any previous role madness games GAFIA has done(if any).

Sophia

Day 1 votes:

blackbuzzard (1)
natiko 97

blargonaut (2)
burbeting 102
palmer_v1 118

sawneeks (3)
wherearemahdragonz 110
blackbuzzard 130
darryl 147

oreomunsta (2)
hey_monkey 111
skyodin 112

natiko (1)
acohrs 123

sexyfish (1)
sawneeks 131

moonkid (1)
lifeline 132

Majority is 11

Day 1 ends in:

gra_1495227600.png

Sawneeks

Banned
Well, I read Burbeting's message to you a little different. It actually felt provocative to me, rather than a friendly probe for information. Right, so let's assume that those two really did have forced-feeling interactions. Well - why do people have reactions that feel forced? Stuff like that - really the sensation of being forced, is usually the result of a organized game plan where the action isn't natural because nobody is going off their intuition, but is instead overly crafting their responses according to some other criteria. So, if they were forced, then it was probably a group gambit, well else did they drag in? Here is some really forced feeling interactions between Sawneeks and BB.

I thought Burbeting was making some really fantastic leaps with his intuition. I thought that was next-level stuff, but I guess not. Now that this has come to pass - if he wasn't thinking this route, I'm not sure why he didn't say anything and instead took a bystander (post verifying his thought process was not along this route) position when I probed along his thought process. As, during my probing, he had just this to say:

A very funny response during all of this. "I'll judge Blarg when I see his posts", coming from someone who first voted for Blarg. It's always suspicious to me when someone creates a line of thinking and then lets someone else take the lead on it.

I can't speak for Burb but that was not how your vote or Burb's question came across. Burb's felt like a probe for my opinion whereas your vote felt like I was missing some logic steps which is why I asked you about it. I mean, I can at least understand-ish your logic for my vote now even if I don't agree with it I suppose.

To clarify at no point did I say people were waiting to lynch me or anything. I simply said look at how fast people started singling it out as "forced" "artificial" etc. I just felt it was a good moment to point out people already following the same logic that has lost town a LOT of games lately. It's D1 and there's not much to talk about so I get it, but that same reasoning is why I've been cavalier with my posts. D1's are a crapshoot until maybe the last 12 hours and even then it's still usually pretty flimsy.

More a commentary on the meta focusing on lynching anyone that makes noise lately.

Felt it was more implied than you directly saying 'hey i might be lynched' since you're equating 'people getting lynched for being loud' to your current situation, i.e. you will be lynched for acting 'odd'.

Also I agree, it is Day 1 and there is hardly ever anything to talk about, especially this early on. That's why when there is something to even lightly discuss and get people's opinions on it gets brought up, because if there isn't then we're back at square one. At that point we may as well not do anything since it will be a crapshoot instead of at least trying to figure things out instead of waiting for it to fall in our laps.

You know what? I was considering this anyway, but this kinda reinforces my thought.

I'm the Vanilla Townie.

I feel like this is a record for an Ordinary claim on Day 1.

That doesn't mean I agree with it though

If you're telling the truth then actual PRs are now more likely to get hit, all because you feel like you're the better Scum Hunter.

:x

Favorite topping is easily pepperoni, especially the tiny ones that curl hard around the edges. I plan to not be as bandwagon-y, make more independent observations. Pineapple should be on everything, and it should be inside sushi rolls, too.

You started great...theeeen you fell back off again.

What are your thoughts on Palmer's claim?

Sawneeks

Banned
Also for the record I begrudgingly, slightly believe Palmer.

I don't see Scum claiming this early and so out-of-the-blue like that, Palmer would get lynched if he got anywhere near MyLo/LyLo with that.

I won't rule out Neutral though.

SexyFish

Banned
Palmer's claim would probably let me lean for him to be town/neutral. I don't see mafia taking that risk in these flavorful fruit-filled times.

Darryl

Banned
I can't speak for Burb but that was not how your vote or Burb's question came across. Burb's felt like a probe for my opinion whereas your vote felt like I was missing some logic steps which is why I asked you about it. I mean, I can at least understand-ish your logic for my vote now even if I don't agree with it I suppose

I can't speak for Burb but that was not how your vote or Burb's question came across.

What's the point of dragging us through a retrospective on how things came across? Do you think my words conflict? How utterly absurd would that be? I don't understand what you could be trying to get at here, other than a really subpar attempt to appear as progressing dialect.

Look at how jumbled this is, full of hesitation and what is essentially insinuation of prospective wrong-doing:

I mean, I can at least understand-ish your logic for my vote now even if I don't agree with it I suppose

If you're going to make a case, make a case. Otherwise, I'm going to assume you're trying to cast doubt onto other players in a passive, non-committal way.

Tomato is a fruit. Most of the pizzas you've eaten have been fruit pizzas all along!

oh... oh my god... you're right

I'M THE BARBARIAN

And then I was gonna say something about how tomato is different anyhow and no one puts pineapple in their pasta but I searched the internet before posting so as not to look like a rube and it turns out I'm wrong and I think I'm ready for the world to end now, please.

It was minute nonsense that town missed in anime mafia.

So like I made grand declarations in the main thread about how I was gonna play differently since how I write apparently is what got me killed but surprise, it looks like I'm just gonna be me after all. I guess I don't know how to not come across as shady or whatever.

so I'm gonna say a couple things here: first, nah. Tunneling on people hunting scum so that scum mistakes got missed, sure. Minute things? Nope. There were big ol' glaring things happening and even before I died we were all busy fixating and it just got worse as the game went on. But second? Can we revisit how my lynch started this way with some people not liking my phrasing and there was a big deal about it and WELP I FLIPPED TOWN so ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯? Maybe give it a day at least before you decide I'm Queen Scum of Pineapple Scum Town, Harbinger of the Coming Fruity Evil because you didn't like the way I slung some sentences together to make a joke?

But anyway, it's day one of day one so I'm in favor of this approach generally, even if I sound naturally snappy-ass:

giphy.gif

So man, that Palmer claim. Palmer's clever and he sees, so I don't know how to feel about this. I want to believe Palmer's town and this is a good way to get the ball rolling on something concrete, certainly. Huh.

Palmer_v1

I feel like this is a record for an Ordinary claim on Day 1.

That doesn't mean I agree with it though

If you're telling the truth then actual PRs are now more likely to get hit, all because you feel like you're the better Scum Hunter.

:x

20 of us total, so assume 4 or 5 scum. There was a 94% chance they were hitting a power role anyway. Sure, that changes over time, but so does the value of a semi-confirmed townie. It also improves the odds of our PRs not getting wasted on me. I'm not worth protecting in any way, and it saves investigative roles some time, if they believe me.

Sawneeks

Banned
What's the point of dragging us through a retrospective on how things came across? Do you think my words conflict? How utterly absurd would that be? I don't understand what you could be trying to get at here, other than a really subpar attempt to appear as progressing dialect.

Look at how jumbled this is, full of hesitation and what is essentially insinuation of prospective wrong-doing:

If you're going to make a case, make a case. Otherwise, I'm going to assume you're trying to cast doubt onto other players in a passive, non-committal way.

That's because I am uncertain, we're picking at semantics here and I'm still trying to get my bearings on playing again because I haven't played since early January and it's taking me a bit to get back into things. I feel like I'm grasping at straws but I'm also not willing to let conversation trail off and die while waiting for something else to appear. I'd at least like to try even if I'm not entirely confident in what I'm doing.

As for 'prospective wrong-doing' I'm assuming you mean my response towards understanding your logic even if I don't agree? That was towards your accusation me of working with Nat and BB. I can see where your logic came to that ( 'who else talked with BB in a way I felt was weird? Oh, Saw!' ) but I don't agree with your conclusion about it. That first part however was my bad, I definitely worded that poorly. What I meant to say was that Burb's question did not come across the way you felt that it did and I wanted to comment on that myself. I still have trouble seeing how you interpreted Burb's question in that way to throw this around on me and that's what I was trying to convey.

At the same time I don't feel strongly enough about my disagreement of your opinion here to climb to the rooftops and yell "I DISAGREE WITH DARRYL AND THEREFORE THINK HE IS SCUM". It's more of a 'yeah, okay, I guess I can see that? i wouldn't have come to that conclusion but ok' kind of a disagreement. Call it a passive shade throw if you want to but I don't take every weird thing I see and yell at someone about it, that's not how I play. :x

Dr. Worm

Banned
So man, that Palmer claim. Palmer's clever and he sees, so I don't know how to feel about this. I want to believe Palmer's town and this is a good way to get the ball rolling on something concrete, certainly. Huh.
I guess it's possible that he's a mafia informed of a lack of a "casual pizza eater" as a cover role and going in balls-deep on assuming there isn't a token blue, but that's all I can come up with in terms of nefarious plot. Beyond that is... Ill-advised.

If you have any other ideas, I'm interested, but I don't see a reason to not trust it at this juncture.

Top Bottom