• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/13/09 IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
lupinko said:
And Lumines Supernova is STILL missing the Mondo Grosso soundtrack. =(
I wouldn't say we're missing it.
Nachkebia said:
Vagrant Story
4yyt55u.gif
I agree. I too am sad that they actually put out Vagrant Story again instead of keeping it away from humanity like they should.

topofuji

Banned
Another good week for Japan's PSOne lineup to make everyone else jealous and taunt the world. Even though I can buy anything from there using Yen cards, most treasures (PS1 RPGs) are useless due to not knowing Japanese.

Oh well, MVC2 mania is right around the corner. :D

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I just read about a new PSN game coming from Amsterdam based W!Games called Greed Corp. It's the first in a series of downloadable titles and will be released in September. The game is a turnbased strategy game and looks similar to Settlers of Cataan/Battle Isle.

You can read more (in Dutch) and view the trailer here. Youtube link is here.

RevenantKioku said:
I wouldn't say we're missing it.

I agree. I too am sad that they actually put out Vagrant Story again instead of keeping it away from humanity like they should.

I'm convinced that the only reason you post anymore is to be contrary.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
kruis said:
I just read about a new PSN game coming from Amsterdam based W!Games called Greed Corp. It's the first in a series of downloadable titles and will be released in September. The game is a turnbased strategy game and looks similar to Settlers of Cataan/Battle Isle.

Looks neat.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
There's a press release in the forum section of the Greed Corp site:

"Greed Corp: Turn-based strategy at its finest coming to PSN

AMSTERDAM August 12, 2009 – W!Games is proud to officially announce Greed Corp, a fresh and innovative turn-based strategy game for PlayStation Network. It will be the first in a series of games situated in a rich, fictional world inspired by the industrial revolutions and their destructive effects on the environment.

Find the delicate balance between harvesting the land for resources and preserving it to stay alive. Will you defend your territory or sacrifice it to keep it out of enemy hands? Manage the finite available resources to build your army and use the collapsing terrain to your advantage. Destroy your enemies, or destroy the very land they stand on, before they do it to you.

The game features a comprehensive single player campaign, introducing you to the four factions that inhabit the world. A large collection of unique maps is available outside of the campaign, specifically designed for 2, 3, or 4-player battles. Matches can be played with any combination of local, online and AI players, allowing for quick access to multiplayer action and offering multiple unlockables for a variety of challenges.

Greed Corp will be available for PlayStation Network at the end of September 2009. Join the Greed Corp community and stay updated through http://www.greedcorp.com."

Lain

kruis said:

The video was cool, I'm interested.

Mhh never played Vagrant Story, hopefully it will come to the west sooner rather than later.
Used copies with are 15€ (no perfect condition) around here, would prefer the 6$ DL version in this case. ^^
The JRPG-genre is imo the best one to be released as PS1-PSN-classics. 6$/10$ for some of the greatest JRPGs ever which offer a great content, too.
Additionally, they are story-focused and suffer way less from aging than i.e. a racing game, even graphics-wise (on that aspect, CGI-background-PS1-games are the best though. Would love to see Fear Effect coming to PSN btw).

Japanese Store has so much cool stuff :/
http://www.videogameszone.de/?menu=0901&s=thread&bid=1050&tid=6200995&mid=6201031#6201031
312 PS1 games on my count... I actually have 600Yen left on my account, I think I will buy some jp-exclusive story-based game like Policenauts. Though I can't speak Japanese D:

Cruzader

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
Yes I'm dumb because I don't want the game you do. Gtfo.
Its not about me wanting the game or not. If you use common sense, its stupid to release "big" DD titles at the same time. If they are given some space, they have a chance to sell copies.

lantus

Apparently Gamstop is now shipping Marvel vs Capcom 2, probably not available in any stores yet, but online has got them.

NIN90

Is there a "Forgot Password" option on PSN? Can't find it anywhere. ;(
I just want to change my state to a non-internet tax state on my US account. :lol

GrayFoxPL

Cruzader said:
Its not about me wanting the game or not. If you use common sense, its stupid to release "big" DD titles at the same time. If they are given some space, they have a chance to sell copies.

What the hell? Where did I wrote I don't want the game to be released? I don't want it to be the only thing to be out this week hence: "I don't want this week to be all about mvc2" ?

Nismo350z

Banned
NIN90 said:
On the PS3?
Because the PSN site won't let me do that. It just says that my data is incorrect.
Is there a way to not pay the Tax? If so what states do i have to enter to get rid of it?

Keikoku

Banned
So I got a new credit card, and when I want to update my banking informations I'm being said that my "banking informations can't be updated"

Any ideas ? Credit card is just the same type as the old one (visa electron)

Christopher

Keikoku said:
So I got a new credit card, and when I want to update my banking informations I'm being said that my "banking informations can't be updated"

Any ideas ? Credit card is just the same type as the old one (visa electron)

Did you active the credit card?

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

ADD-ONS

► LittleBigPlanet ( English | Chinese | Korean Ver. )
○ History Kit (HK$ 30.00)
○ History Costumes (HK$ 23.00 | HK$ 8.00 each)
– Ada Lovelace
– Boudica
– Genghis Khan
– Mozart

► Pain ( English Ver. )
○ Smooth Jarvis
○ Museum Add-on (HK$ 48.00)
○ Naughty Bits Mode 1: Knockin' Bloks (HK$ 15.00)

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

DEMOS

► Marvel vs. Capcom 2
○ 200 MB

GAMES

► Texas Cheat'em
○ ¥1000

► PSP
○ Daisenryaku Portable Genki the Best (¥2200)
○ Daisenryaku Portable 2 Genki the Best (¥2200)
○ Tokyo Xtreme Racer PSP the Best(¥2200)

ADD-ONS

► LittleBigPlanet
○ History Kit (¥400)
○ History Costumes (¥300 | ¥100 each)
– Ada Lovelace
– Boudica
– Genghis Khan
– Mozart

► Misato Katsuragi News Project
○ Add-on Outfit

► Record of the Agarest War Zero
○ Gallery Options (x4)
○ Additional Costume (x1)

► Red Faction Guerilla
○ Demon of the Badlands DLC (¥1000)

► Shin Sangoku Musou Multi-Raid (PSP)
○ Add-on Content Ver. 25

VIDEOS

► Game Diggin' Vol 2.
○ 4 Videos

► R-Type Tactics 2: Operation Bitter Chocolate
○ Promotional Movie

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► King of Fighters XII
○ Theme 5 (¥150)

Nachkebia

Banned
Is Europe getting mahveeel today on psn or we get screwed again?
Man I recently played Blood omen, holy shit game is hard, I still have not passed first stage :lol

Aru

Nachkebia said:
Is Europe getting mahveeel today on psn or we get screwed again?
Man I recently played Blood omen, holy shit game is hard, I still have not passed first stage :lol

Really ? I remember the game was hard a few times, but I actually finished it.

Billen

Banned
Mahvel or Trials this week for me? Eh. Already downloaded Trials. PSN would have to do something spectacular for it to be an alternative :D

Top Bottom