• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Storm won't get the belt. Dixie meant she's giving Garret the belt to push her younger talent agenda she mentioned to Meltzer going forward. Garret Bischoff the future of wrestling.

RBH

I thought it was interesting how Dixie Carter contacted Meltzer directly last week and asked him his thoughts on the Storm/Roode feud (among other things).

Interested to hear Meltzer's reaction to the PPV on the LAW in 20 mins.

DMczaf

tumblr_m1t7olrNmm1roles8o1_500.jpg

Awwwwww damn. Bobo done went and lost faith.

BUT BOBO, THINGS BE LOOKIN UP, RIGHT?

Things were going so well on the ppv up until the main event. They just couldn't resist doing some stupid shit. They just did it for the sake of doing it. Storm winning was the right move. Storyline wise it was setup and he was in his hometown. It's just a ridiculous swerve for the sake of swerving people.

I'll be better with the finish of Lockdown if Roode doesn't lose the title on Impact. If he keeps the title until Slammiversary or BFG it will make more sense I guess. Still him not walking out of the cage when Hebner opened the cage door is just bad booking based on his character, especially with him eventually winning anyway.

eldoon

I wonder what will happen to biscoff , Jeff Jarett will need to come back soon so maybe bischoff with a name change or a mask.......

I wonder what will happen to biscoff , Jeff Jarett will need to come back soon so maybe bischoff with a name change or a mask.......

Bischoff needs to stay gone. Looks like the thing with Hogan is setting up Flair to be the group antagonist now instead of Bischoff.

Things were going so well on the ppv up until the main event. They just couldn't resist doing some stupid shit. They just did it for the sake of doing it. Storm winning was the right move. Storyline wise it was setup and he was in his hometown. It's just a ridiculous swerve for the sake of swerving people.

I dont think so in this case. Dixie will have a lot invesed in Slamiversary this year due to it being in Panda's home area. They are going to drag this out until then even though Storm should have gone over tonight. I understand them wanting to keep James Storm as the hunter and not the hunted, he is very good in that role. However TNA built good momentum with the excellent video packages and the impact promo Thursday. They essentially wasted those excellent tools. If they try and connect with the audience using those mediums again it just wont work as effectively as it did this time. If they intended to do this the entire time they should have saved the videos. They should have made tonights title match a 3 way match and had Roode get a lucky pin on the third guy with Storm the dominate wrestler. It would have kept fans salivating for a one on one matchup while rallying fan support for Storm, increasing the heat for Roode and allowing another wrestler the chance to elevate himself in the main event. Instead they took away Storm's momentum, turned Roode into the lucky-chickenshit champion instead of a strong one and killed the PPV. That PPV had zero payoff for a fan who paid for it. With Smart booking the angle could be saved or even srengthened in preperation for Slamiversarry. However we all know that Hogan, Bischoff and Pritchard stand little chance of rebuilding this and it is a shame. Tonight was a night for TNA to earn some credibility but they dont have anyone with a true imagination and understanding for the buisness. They had a great build, and an interested IWC at the very least following the results of the show. Fans are desperate for a good product from either TNA or WWE and both companies are just blowing it. TNA blew an opportunity to generate real momentum tonight. They really do have some good workers but that dosen mean shit without a person who can lead that talent to their full potential. That being said the rest of the card at least made some sense and that is better than Vince completely shitting on the pulse of his audience. They absolutely have to have a killer show in Dallas or they may as well reboot the damn thing.

Meltzer just said on LAW that Eric Bischoff is going off tv so they can push Garret more as a top babyface. They have a feeling they can't do that with Eric on tv.

Is it wrong I'd like to see Ryder and Robbie E in a feud?

No, because they both started out in the same indie fed.

edit: they have a similar gimmick because they're from the same place and graduated out of the indies at the same time, when that TV show, starring people from the same general geographic location, was at phenomenon status.

Speaking of that fed, tonight was a great night for wrasslin'! I went to the FTW show in Deer Park, NY. It was at the NYWC (that's the Fed Zack Ryder and Robbie E used to be in) Sportatorium, which is a smallish warehouse space perfectly designed for this kind of show.

Turns out Grim Reefer has improved dramatically since I saw him four or five years ago at NYWC. He's actually pretty much straight out awesome now. Tony Neese, originally under the name Maverick, has improved quite a bit, as well. Amazing Red sadly no showed, but the guy in his place was really good.

Dan Barry is a bit pudgy now. His move set doesn't seem as great, but his mic skills are very much improved. I hear that he does stand up comedy nowadays.

The Nigerian Nightmares -- a pair of ~450lbs Africa-themed wrestlers -- were really fun to watch. They did a lot of really cool moves, including top rope and tag moves, but they were all done in methodical slow motion.

Matt Justice, fresh from being ejected from FCW, was crazy good. I'm amazed that he was let go instead of being just brought up to the new WWE developmental being put together in Connecticut.

Anyway, this was their equivalent to the Royal Rumble, the "Road to Gold" that the event it named after. They start it off with something like fifteen guys already in the ring (mostly students being trained), and every couple minutes somebody came out. Early on, the stable that is currently totally dominating NYWC's belts suddenly came out to the ring and invaded, tossing everybody out and then leaving as quickly as they came out. When it was down to two guys, the match reverted to a regular singles match, like that Rumble-ish thing that TNA does now and then. It was an overall fun rumble, except that it was seemed incredibly sudden and unexpected when there were two guys left and nobody else was coming out. It felt like more people should have come out, but that's largely because the match started with a load of guys in there already.

Fun night. And one of the girl wrestlers apparently bakes and sells cupcakes every month. They were decorated to look like baby chickens. Pretty neat.

Oh, and Justin Credible was there. He apparently lost a match that forced him to retire as an active wrestler, so he was just the guest MC of the night. However, in an act of vengeance against his former aggressor, he hired a former WWF Superstar to fight the guy. That Superstar was the Portuguese Man-of-War, Aldo Montoya, which did not at all resemble Justin Credible in any way at all. >_>

So, yeah, one of the better nights for Wrestling. I even capped it off afterward by watching the April 2nd Raw, which I'd heard was pretty great. And did I think so?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

So what did the rest of you guys do tonight? I hope whatever wrestling you watches was as fun as this! :)

@REALBobbyRoode

(per request of Bobby before being taken to hospital). Hey James... Sorry about your damn luck.

Aqkv75DCAAIhICC.jpg

This is hilarious for some reason.

Great. Now I am watching a video of some 14 year old american with a bad haircut showing me how to make a Kane mask.

Fuck you wrasslegaf.

Same here. This fucking obsession with Kane is forcing me to make him my new World Champion in WWE' 12 and TEW.

Fuck you wrasslegaf.

In other news, I need to watch more FCW.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Same here. This fucking obsession with Kane is forcing me to make him my new World Champion in WWE' 12 and TEW.

Fuck you wrasslegaf.
Yeah, this obsession with Kane is forcing me to talk about him in every one of my posts in this thread!

Fuck you wrasslegaf.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I guess if you can't actually make the mask, you can just use facepaint.

0.jpg

I'm on a quest now to just find the weirdest Kane related stuff I can find.

EDIT: Like this,
images

Top Bottom