• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Didn't PQube tease Uppers a few weeks ago or so?

Yep. Well, it was the John Cena advertising thing that seemed likely for it anyway.

I wonder when they're gonna come out and admit what they're working on. Chaos;Child is all but confirmed at this point too.

Uppers and Net High definitely don't seem like something Tom would've enjoyed working on. *rolleyes*

Lol.

OT: Anyway, straight from the Takao's mouth, more news:

https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/824343427928170496

Oceanhorn is now fully playable and will be at PAX South 2017

https://twitter.com/popcicle/status/824041119503659008

Online Community Manager responds to Tweet about Metal Gear Ac!d 1 & 2 on PSN with a "it'll take lots of work" but otherwise fairly positive comment.

The pqube tease seemed likely to be Uppers, but if not I'll import finally.

Net High on the other hand... :/

I normally give it a year from Japanese release before I give up and import. Operation Babel through that one into the wind though, so I'm waiting on Hero Must Die now :p

Ukiyo no Roushi I gave up on. I don't tend to wait as long for Bamco licenced anime stuff either.

Magnus

Great OP btw. Consider me stunned at how many games are still coming out for this bad boy. Never had one, but always considered getting one, almost exclusively for Remote Play actually...

I aaaaalmost regret not pre-ordering Drive Girls. Looks like Bergsala Lightweight must have done the absolute minimum print run for it.

Despite just launching today, it's already listed as out of print on Play-Asia and Amazon.jp expect more copies to ship in 'one to two months'. Which is basically code for 'never' on Amazon.jp

ETRX3Hz.png

mao2

I aaaaalmost regret not pre-ordering Drive Girls. Looks like Bergsala Lightweight must have done the absolute minimum print run for it.

Despite just launching today, it's already listed as out of print on Play-Asia and Amazon.jp expect more copies to ship in 'one to two months'. Which is basically code for 'never' on Amazon.jp

ETRX3Hz.png
Still in stock @ Nippon-Yasan for those who didn't pre-order.
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/video-games/19247-ps-vita-shinsei-battaku-drive-girls.html

Joe Molotov

Is Akiba's Beat still coming out in March in NA? I saw that the EU release date is just Spring 2017, but that's PQube and Xseed is doing the NA release.

Accel World vs. SAO is coming West this year. Digital only in both regions.

Here's hoping Bamco Asia come through. Back to the old days of importing.

Hey, at least it's not skipped!

Takao

Banned

The PS4 version is seemingly digital-only in NA too, which makes their decision to refocus the franchise to the west hilarious.

Shizuka

Bandai Namco Asia is the only one bringing the Namco titles I'm interested, specially with SRW V next month. I wonder what's stopping Bandai Namco America of releasing these asian-only titles in the West.

Shizuka

Badland Games' Spanish's twitter account is already teasing Axiom Verge's Vita physical release: "Soon you will know more things", this is what the account has responded after being tagged in a conversation about the Axiom Verge Vita retail edition.

Additionally, TVL forum member Miguel linked me to another retail listing, this time, of a Portuguese game supplier.

Despite the developer being rude to the LRG crew while trying to arrange a deal, at least we're still getting a Vita release out of this new partnership with Badland. I wish they'd go back to previously PS4-only prints and do a Vita run, like OlliOlli.

The PS4 version is seemingly digital-only in NA too, which makes their decision to refocus the franchise to the west hilarious.

Haha yeah, I just found out about that. Kinda hilarious really. "We're ditching Vita for a higher-spec (western) focus, please enjoy our next game digitally".

Bamco, on the whole, have been an amazing company for Vita and among my favourite supporters of the console. Lots of western releases I enjoyed; lots of physical releases I'm able to import from other regions; a few Asia-only releases and certain Japanese games that I'm able to import and enjoy.

I'm glad there was a turnaround from the Bamco of 2012 who wouldn't localize Tales of Innocence R to the Bamco of 2014 onwards who took risks on things like Hearts R and Gundam.

But they've made some baffling decisions in recent months. The Digimon saga is still a head-scratcher to me. They made a bad decision (which they kept reinforcing by going back and forth with PR) and then just adamantly stuck to their guns to the point they turned off a lot of fans. But the publisher always knows best, right? -_-

Bandai Namco Asia is the only one bringing the Namco titles I'm interested, specially with SRW V next month. I wonder what's stopping Bandai Namco America of releasing these asian-only titles in the West.

Licencing probably. I'm really happy Bamco Asia have done all of the localization work they've done, as well as gotten me physical copies of SAO and Digimon and the like.

I just hope they make one final push for titles like Accel World before Vita sales off into the sunset.

Atleast we (european) are getting a PS4 retail from the game. Better import than noting. Let's hope they put out an asian english release for the Vita version. The good thing is that the asian version was not released yet so we might have luck with it. On the other side the last Vita port was one of the worst I have ever seen. So I'm not so sure if I really want it besides for collector's sake.

Atleast we (european) are getting a PS4 retail from the game. Better import than noting. Let's hope they put out an asian english release for the Vita version. The good thing is that the asian version was not released yet so we might have luck with it. On the other side the last Vita port was one of the worst I have ever seen. So I'm not so sure if I really want it besides for collector's sake.

The last Vita game that Artdink (developer of this game) released was Macross: Delta Scramble, which ran fairly well. The last SAO game they released was Lost Song which ran alright but a damn sight better than Hollow Realization.

If you compare that to Aquiria, they developed Hollow Fragment (which ran alright at best); Caligula (which ran fairly poorly) and Hollow Realization (which ran very poorly).

I have slightly more faith that this one will turn out alright, but we'll see.

And yes, the fact that there's no Asian release of Accel World yet gives me hope. Bamco are still releasing Asian-English games too (see: Super Robot Wars V), although Heavy Arm seemed to think they were scaling back on it iirc.

BTW, OT:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1145990096/strength-of-the-sword-ultimate/posts/1775885

Strength of the Sword Ultimate devs admit they're prioritizing the PS4/XB1 versions over Vita/WiiU. To the surprise of no-one. Except to see this one canned.

At least they put it in a very amusing comic format to break the bad news.

The last Vita game that Artdink (developer of this game) released was Macross: Delta Scramble, which ran fairly well. The last SAO game they released was Lost Song which ran alright but a damn sight better than Hollow Realization.

If you compare that to Aquiria, they developed Hollow Fragment (which ran alright at best); Caligula (which ran fairly poorly) and Hollow Realization (which ran very poorly).

I have slightly more faith that this one will turn out alright, but we'll see.

Good point! Totally forgot that this one is from Artdink.

Sakujou

Banned
can someone list them in their alphabetical order?
too many to list, but i want to buy and support every good psvita game.
if its a port, i might consider it.

Good point! Totally forgot that this one is from Artdink.

Aye. I wouldn't expect miracles, but Artdink are solid devs with a lot of Vita experience.

although Heavy Arm seemed to think they were scaling back on it iirc.

Btw, I may have mis-remembered this. What I was thinking of was this:

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/813553308572844032

Vita Digimon Story, Sword Art Hollow Fragment (English text cover) and Mobile Suit Extreme already stop printing in Physical here.

They also mentioned Gundam Breaker 3 isn't getting any more reprints.

This doesn't mean they're not going to keep doing Asian-English Vita games going forward, but the two Gundam games only released this year and they're already discontinued, so it made me think that maybe they're less committed to it in 2017. Hopefully Accel World will come through because I enjoyed Lost Song and I really, really want to play it (and I just don't have the memory card space for it atm :p)

Uppers and Net High definitely don't seem like something Tom would've enjoyed working on. *rolleyes*

kek

That doesn't bode well for Net High... :(

i found a used copy cheap on my singapore trip. bought lol.

i hope they stay asia exclusive tbh. less stuff for them to worry about and most people who are into those games are the kind who would import anyway like you and me.

also holiday was a success. ended up with 15 vita game purchases (including 4 LEs. Deemo, Sora no kiseki fc evo, DQH 2 with coin set, shallie plus) + 64gb memory card (extra). Pics soon.

i hope they stay asia exclusive tbh. less stuff for them to worry about and most people who are into those games are the kind who would import anyway like you and me.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I hope they stay exclusive. But I'm inclined to believe too that they're not going to draw a whole lot of new customers in with North American and/or European releases.

They're not LRG. They have more than 2 mouths to feed so to speak, so they can't afford to sell just a couple of thousand extra copies.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I hope they stay exclusive. But I'm inclined to believe too that they're not going to draw a whole lot of new customers in with North American and/or European releases.

They're not LRG. They have more than 2 mouths to feed so to speak, so they can't afford to sell just a couple of thousand extra copies.

But if they already sell with subtitles in Asia region, what is the marginal cost to bring to US digital? Hell do what they did with summon nights and run a preorder campaign for physical copies. Really, I don't get not bringing west if subtitles are already there, the marginal cost to put up digital has got to be so low.

Looking at gematsu and siliconera is depressing. So many games that came out in the east, coming out in the east or series moving off Vita. Worse as I don't speak/read Japanese.

Anyone have feedback on Tokyo Xanadu. Are the ex additions worth it? Also what about the CEs?

Thanks

But if they already sell with subtitles in Asia region, what is the marginal cost to bring to US digital? Hell do what they did with summon nights and run a preorder campaign for physical copies. Really, I don't get not bringing west if subtitles are already there, the marginal cost to put up digital has got to be so low.

For starters, getting the game rated already costs thousands of dollars. There is a reason why Limited Run Games doesn't do that.

Those bigger companies also have a lot more overhead, because of all the management layers who'd have to go over another release. The cost is not as "marginal" as you make it seem. Namco Bandai's whole organisation is built for AAA releases.

Chuy

BTW, OT:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1145990096/strength-of-the-sword-ultimate/posts/1775885

Strength of the Sword Ultimate devs admit they're prioritizing the PS4/XB1 versions over Vita/WiiU. To the surprise of no-one. Expect to see this one canned.

At least they put it in a very amusing comic format to break the bad news.
I was wondering what had happened to this one. I remember being interested in it at one point in time but forgot the name of it and just thought it got cancelled. I was only half wrong.

Like they need to get multiple ratings done, look at submission and patches across different regions etc. it isnt worth it. rather just keep doing this and people import anyway. heck many of these are even fulfilled by amazon through third parties for like 10$ more if people woiuld rather payfor that convenience.

Picked up Valkyrie Drive for £10 in GAME today. Bargain. Was actually £8.50 since I used £1.50 of reward points (that I was never going to use for anything else).

I have to wonder though, do PQube and GAME have some kind of distribution agreement? They're about the only retailer I've seen who discount Vita games in the UK anymore and it's nearly always PQube titles.

The Blazblue LE was £10 fairly quickly; Root Letter (and LE) fell to £10; Valkyrie Drive is now £10 and Steins;Gate (plus LE) is £20.

I mean, I'm happy they seem to have such a good agreement, it's just odd to see because IFI/NISA games always hold their price fairly well everywhere.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
If Uppers never gets localized...you guys aren't missing out on much. It's average at best, unfortunately. I'd still buy an English version though.

ETRX3Hz.png

I pre-ordered this a while back and after watching some preview videos later, wish that I hadn't. It doesn't look very good. My copy is coming today and maybe the final version will be much better, but I have a feeling I might be shelving it permanently pretty quickly or selling it off.

Picked up Valkyrie Drive for £10 in GAME today. Bargain. Was actually £8.50 since I used £1.50 of reward points (that I was never going to use for anything else).

I have to wonder though, do PQube and GAME have some kind of distribution agreement? They're about the only retailer I've seen who discount Vita games in the UK anymore and it's nearly always PQube titles.

The Blazblue LE was £10 fairly quickly; Root Letter (and LE) fell to £10; Valkyrie Drive is now £10 and Steins;Gate (plus LE) is £20.

I mean, I'm happy they seem to have such a good agreement, it's just odd to see because IFI/NISA games always hold their price fairly well everywhere.

PQube games drop in price real quick in general (Just not in Germany, but in the UK or Spain for example). Snagged the most of their games pretty cheap at base.com or other UK retailers. For example: £10 Blazeblue LE at Shop4World, Gal'Gun for under £20 at release at base.com, S;G LE for £12 at Shop4DE and so on. £10 for VD is a new low though.

Atleast GAME is the only (UK) store selling most of their smaller LEs like Root Letter or S;G 0. But I got the latter from Amazon Spain for about 31€ at release, which was still an excellent price for D1.

shimrra

That sucks, normally physical releases I would pick them up day one, but with digital games I just wait for them to be on sale for less than $10.

That sucks, normally physical releases I would pick them up day one, but with digital games I just wait for them to be on sale for less than $10.

I also wait for sales when games are digital-only.

An Asian-English release I would import day 1, though. Sadly even European physical releases I occasionally wait on sometimes because I know they'll be easier to find down the line (I didn't buy Hollow Realization for example, but my local CEX have it for £25 so I'm not too worried).

Fady K

Hi guys ^_^ Big thanks to all of you for your feedback - especially Kresnik! The main list has been cleaned up good and much of the dead on vaporware is gone now.

Enjoy some updates :D

* Musou Stars - Some new screens featuring characters from a variety of series plus a new video featuring Honoka from the Dead or Alive games. The game comes out in Japan on March 2:
Musou-Stars_01-19-17_001.jpg

Musou-Stars_01-19-17_002.jpg

Musou-Stars_01-19-17_003.jpg

Musou-Stars_01-19-17_004.jpg

* Exile Election - For those who missed it, Exile Election is Nippon Ichi's upcoming "Death Game Adventure" on the Vita, announced recently for release in Japan on April 27. Here's the opening clip from the game. Enjoy the below screens and character artworks:
Exile-Election_01-22-17_Top.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_001.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_002.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_003.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_004.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_005.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_010.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_011.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_012.jpg

Exile-Election_01-22-17_017.jpg

* Death Mark - Another recently announced Vita game from developers Experience due out in Japan this summer. The game is the developer's first horror adventure. It personally looks very interesting to me and I sincerely hope it is localized. Here are some screens, character arts and environment artworks:
Death-Mark_Fami-shot_01-11-17_001.jpg

Death-Mark_Fami-shot_01-11-17_002-600x339.jpg

Death-Mark_Fami-shot_01-11-17_003-600x339.jpg

Death-Mark_01-18-17_003.jpg

Death-Mark_01-18-17_004.jpg

Death-Mark_01-18-17_005.jpg

Death-Mark_01-18-17_007.jpg

Death-Mark_01-18-17_008.jpg

Death-Mark_01-18-17_011.jpg

Death-Mark_01-18-17_014.jpg

Death-Mark_01-18-17_018.jpg

The box art is pretty darn unique and creepy:
Death-Mark-Japan-PSV-Package-Illust.jpg

* Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - Japanese launch trailer. Due out in English sometime this year.
Danganronpa-V3-JP-Launch-Trailer.jpg

* Gun Gun Pixies - New trailer for the game, due out in Japan on March 23 from developer Compile Heart.
Gun-Gun-Pixies_01-26-17.jpg

* Blue Reflection - A couple of new trailers have been released for Gust's upcoming JRPG, likely from the PS4 version. Game releases on March 30 in Japan. Here's the first gameplay video. Here's another new trailer as well.
Blue-Reflection-Gameplay-Vid_01-18-17.jpg

Blue-Reflection-PV2.jpg

* Accel World VS. Sword Art Online - the action RPG is coming west digitally this summer (March in Japan) from Bandai Namco (developed by Artdink). Trailer here.
AW-VS-SAO-West-Summer.jpg

* A Rose in the Twilight - Reminder that the dark puzzle platforming game is coming west on April 11 in North America and 14th in Europe. Both the standard and limited physical editions are available for purchase exclusively through the NIS online store in North America; in Europe only the limited edition will be available, through the European NIS store.
Rose-Twilight-April-Dated.jpg

ritt-se.png

ritt-le.png

* Super Robot Wars V - A new 11 minute trailer has been released. Bandai Namco releases the game on February 23. Remember, the asian version will have English subtitles.
SRV-PV2.jpg

* God Wars: Future Past - The Japanese strategy RPG comes out in English - physically as well - on March 28 (North America) and 31st (Europe) from NIS America (The game itself is developed by Kadokawa Games). Here's the latest trailer.
God-Wars_01-20-17_005.jpg

* Tokyo Xanadu will be out in English this summer. Check out the limited edition below.
Tokyo-Xanadu_2017_01-17-17_001-1000x563.jpg

*Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception is coming west from Atlus this spring (Deep Silver is bringing over the European version). The game is a visual novel/strategy RPG hybrid. Will release physically, but only in North America. Trailer here.
VIaZe1K.jpg

* Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth - the direct sequel to the game above, coming in English as well this fall.
VOQkPDD.png

* Touhou Genso Wanderer - New trailer. NIS America's roguelike RPG is out in English on March 21st (NA)/24th (EU).
Touhou-Genso-Wanderer-Partners-Trailer.jpg

* Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - the Vita version has been dated for Japan: April 13th.
GSZRRfGl.jpg

Zero-Escape-The-Nonary-Games_2017_01-26-17_014.jpg_600.jpg

* Toukiden 2 - Out in English on March 24th. New trailer here.
Toukiden-2-March-Dated.jpg

* Akiba's Beat has been delayed to Spring 2017. On the bright side, a limited edition has been announced for Europe:
Akibas-Beat-NEET-Edition-Ann-1000x563.png

* Dungeon Travelers 2-2 - New trailer from Aquaplus' dungeon RPG.
Dungeon-Travelers-2-2_01-26-17_001.jpg

Dungeon-Travelers-2-2_01-26-17_002.jpg

Dungeon-Travelers-2-2_01-26-17_004.jpg

* Atelier Firis: The Alchemist & The Mysterious Journey - New trailer. Out March 7 (NA) and 10 (EU).
Atelier-Firis_01-26-17.jpg

* Geki Yaba Runner (2 Fast 4 Gnomz) - Hilariously, we were just talking about this game is likely vaporware and in the same period we get a reconfirmation that this runner game is on the way soonish (from Qubicgames).
rLMRt8bl.jpg

* Koi a "fish guiding" game is coming to the Vita thanks to Qubicgames.
4drHzBx.jpg

* Mr. Pumpkin Adventure - Qubicgames is also bringing this point and click adventure game to the Vita.
pISxoKOl.jpg

*Farming Simulator 18 - will be coming to the Vita later this year.
IZqbGOQl.jpg

* Uncanny Valley - the story driven survival horror game from Cowardly Creations is hitting the Vita on February 7th. Trailer here.
BsRmyhMl.png

pAqVF7Rl.jpg

Another great update Fady. A few of my suggestions:

- Remove Gundam Breaker 3 & SD Gundam from upcoming games. They've already released in Asia (Gundam Breaker released nearly a year ago) and there's no word on a western release. I think it's safe to assume these are Asia-only.

- You have Siralim 2 & Defender's Quest DX on twice.

- I can't find the tweet, but I asked the devs of "Smash Derby" if the game was still coming and they said it was on indefinite hold while they work on other projects. So I'd guess that's cancelled.

- Warlocks vs. Shadows released August 2015 on Steam. No update on console versions since then. Devs seem to have moved onto other projects. I'd assume it's gone.

- Cubikolor was supposed to released in February 2016. It's now a year late, no updates and has already released on PS4/XB1. Not looking good.

- The last update on Revenge of the Titans was May 2014 when Curve Digital said they were splitting the original double-release with Titan Attacks into two single releases. Two and a half years later, it's not here.

- Wilderness was announced in 2014 with a couple of screenshots and no word since. Red flag for me, doubt it even exists. I'd say the same about Exorcism - developer hasn't updated their twitter since 2015 and even then, they weren't tweeting about that game lol.

- Similarly the last updates for Echoes; Starlit Adventures & A Clumsy Adventure are all from 2014 with no word since. We need a cut off point where if the dev goes silent, assume the worst (which is nearly always true).

- Minecraft Story Mode I would put in the boat with Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones in "assume it's not coming unless we see some damn evidence".

- DriveDriveDrive is "indefinitely postponed"

- Action Henk - like 8 months since it released on other platforms, Vita no longer listed on their website etc.

- 2 fast 4 gnomz - can't find any evidence of this being announced for Vita?

- Outpost 13 - game released like a year and a half ago on Steam to pretty middling reviews, no updates since, assume the worst.

There's more in there that need trimming based on how long it's been with absolutely 0 updates imo, don't have time to do it now :(

Thank you very much for the feedback and kind words Kresnik. Your feedback has been immensely helpful. Thanks to you I removed a lot of likely vaporware from the list and it is looking far cleaner and more accurate. Thank you very much for this lovely contribution.

@Fady K
Your love for the Vita is pretty apparent! Great job again on the thread. GAF has you to thank for a really nice reference point for the Vita's outlook this year. :)

Many thanks Moofers! I hope you enjoy the thread yourself. Sad to see the system fail to reach its potential, but glad to see plenty of options for gamers on its fifth year!

Awesome post! MixedBag here, some updates on our games:

- as announced on Twitter our metroidvania forma.8 finally entered Sony QA and we should be able to ship the game in February! Really happy on how the Vita version turned out! :)

- we're still working on Wheels of Aurelia Vita port. The game runs on VitA but performances are not good right now. We have some more optimizations coming. Really hope to be able to do it.

- we have a couple more games coming this year on Vita. ;)

Thanks very much for dropping by and providing some promising updates for us :D!

I've given up on Snapshot. I loved it on Steam. It's a shame as it was such a great game that more people needed to experience. The Vita and PS3 versions were announced in 2012 as coming out that fall. There was even a playable demo on retail demo units at one point. The developer, Retro Affect, pretty much disappeared from social media in 2013. They randomly reappeared in late 2014 to tweet about trying to get a grant, and disappeared again. Since then nothing but crickets... Then the crickets died and there was nothing but deafening silence.

This was the last time I heard from developer: http://www.psnstores.com/2014/10/snapshot-still-coming-to-ps3-and-vita/

Hints seemed to suggest that a PS4 version was in the works, and news would be coming 'soon,' but after another two years, I think their definition of 'soon' may be less of a human construct, and more of a tortoise from Galapagos perspective.

Very likely cancelled indeed, it has been far too long. By the way, is your avatar from that rhythm game Thumper? The demo was mindblowingly good.

Happy new year Vita owners!!

Great topic Fady as usual. By the way, Siralim 2 is listed twice.

Thanks FDC1 ^_^ Kresnik mentioned it as well, had the duplicate removed. Thanks for your feedback!

You have Fault Milestone One listed twice, you can remove the non-DX listing.

Thanks Basileus, had it removed!

Amazing thread once again! I'm blown away by how much good looking stuff is still coming out in 2017.

Subbed!

Glad you're liking it UCBooties! I added plenty more today, enjoy it in the latest update :D

was put out for a bit but thank you Fady K! Happy 2017

Thank you so much @Wreck! Hope you enjoy today's update :)

incpdo

ohhhh good ol' Fady! i love this updates , im excited for quite a few of these games. especially for utawarerumono , i don't know what is it about this game is casting a strong summon spell for my wallet .

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Received Terraria and LEGO Harry Potter recently which means I officially have crossed 200 physical Vita carts. At 201 now.

Received Terraria and LEGO Harry Potter recently which means I officially have crossed 200 physical Vita carts. At 201 now.

Well done, Sir! I found quite a number of cheap Vita games in local stores during this month's sales period (semi-annual sales period here in January), which also put me past the 200 marker. Still quite a bit to go though.

Top Bottom