• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Today was all about catching up on The Flash and Arrow, but I also ( after years of non-use) picked up Persona 4 Golden for my Vita and I read some comics!

If consuming media counts as being productive, then I had a hell of a day.

The comics were new Kate in LA Hawkeye, I wish it were as good as the covers are, but it's ok.

mreddie

I reread Gravity mini on the MU and I'm kinda thinking why he bombed after 2011? I guess he was the Bobby Lashley of Marvel before NOW!

Here's Kotobukiya's ArtFX+ Spider-Man 2099

447047.jpg

Owzers

Today was all about catching up on The Flash and Arrow, but I also ( after years of non-use) picked up Persona 4 Golden for my Vita and I read some comics!

If consuming media counts as being productive, then I had a hell of a day.

The comics were new Kate in LA Hawkeye, I wish it were as good as the covers are, but it's ok.
I'm getting through Narcos now finally, pretty good but not exceptional because there are no zombies.

Also...Overwatch, always Overwatch.

IrishNinja

can't believe we're getting vol 1 of Waid's fantastic Dardevil run next month, and then reprints of Brubaker's for the next 2 following...now if only they'd reprint the Bendis stuff

also, having caught up on Ms Marvel: Kamala is easily the best thing to come out of the house of ideas for the last few years and i'll fight anyone saying otherwise

Posting it in both because I am that amazed they're making an all female boxset this large.

00_TRU_6%20Inch%20Legends%20A%20Force__scaled_800_zpsnpkxextc.jpg
I'm guessing Singy is the build a figure of the group?

Saw the gotg vol 2 ones and damn,
Adam Magus of all people got in as one of the 2 random characters not in the movie but connected to the gotg. Even has a Warlock alternate head
. Guess Marvel might have some future plans.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting through Narcos now finally, pretty good but not exceptional because there are no zombies.

Also...Overwatch, always Overwatch.

You're certainly getting your money's worth. I've been replaying Zelda games, but have decided to give it a break so that I'm not burnt out when Breath of the Wild comes out. I thought Persona 4 would give me a vastly different experience to dive into for the next few weeks. I'm digging it so far. Lots of wiafu stuff, which isn't usually my bag, but it's not over the top so far.

Karu

Read Morning Glories Vol 1 and thought it was pretty awful. I get that they want to play up the mystery, but if that happens at the cost of basically everything else, it all falls apart pretty quickly.

MHz, I See Sex Criminals #16 released, but didnt appear on Comixology. Anyone know what the usual
turnaround is?

Bought Fatale vol 1 and Saga vol 2, as well as Box Office Poison. And still reading Stray Bullets vol2, which is far and away the best comic Ive read since starting late last year.

TheFlow

Banned
Read Morning Glories Vol 1 and thought it was pretty awful. I get that they want to play up the mystery, but if that happens at the cost of basically everything else, it all falls apart pretty quickly.

MHz, I See Sex Criminals #16 released, but didnt appear on Comixology. Anyone know what the usual
turnaround is?

Bought Fatale vol 1 and Saga vol 2, as well as Box Office Poison. And still reading Stray Bullets vol2, which is far and away the best comic Ive read since starting late last year.

it is on CMX

GAMEPROFF

Banned
As good as the "The Last Flight of the Harbinger" arc was, they really need to do something with Lukes skills. Its starting to get annoying that he is fucking up all the time.

And the Scar-Trooper are annoying edgelords.

turnaround is?

If you're using the app, Sex Criminals might not be listed. It's on their website though, I bought it last week through there.

Are The Flash or either of the Green Lantern books worth checking out since Rebirth? Was thinking of jumping into the Flash at #14 since the Rogues are back.

LProtag

Grabbed the first volume (and then promptly ordered the remaining volumes) of:
Black Science
Descender
Low

So I'm adding those to this list of what I'm following:
Saga
Paper Girls
Deadly Class
East of West
Ms. Marvel

I think I'm starting to hit a good amount of stuff to follow, and I'm not sure how much my wallet can take another big order of trades...

but anything that seems severely lacking on my list so far based on what I'm liking?

I'm probably going to pick up all of Chew once the last omnivore edition is out, but that's already finished so I don't have to follow it.

I have been thinking about subscribing to The Wild Storm but I just can't bring myself to. That's $92 for a format that I really dislike. A bunch of floppies lying around for 2+years. And I'll not get any money back on them when I upgrade to the eventual HC either. Will trade wait like always.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Black Science
Descender
Low

Saga
Paper Girls
Deadly Class
East of West
Ms. Marvel

I think I'm starting to hit a good amount of stuff to follow, and I'm not sure how much my wallet can take another big order of trades...

but anything that seems severely lacking on my list so far based on what I'm liking?

I'm probably going to pick up all of Chew once the last omnivore edition is out, but that's already finished so I don't have to follow it.

I think based on the stuff you just listed you'd probably like Lazarus too. But with it's release schedule there is no hurry in catching up on it.

Messi

Black Science
Descender
Low

Saga
Paper Girls
Deadly Class
East of West
Ms. Marvel

Bdsm lesbian, love and friendship series Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The 2 Darkhawk issues to kickoff War of Kings are terrible. Bad dialogue, characters that act like idiots, and confusing action scenes are some of the highlights of these wonderful books.

The character is cool as shit though so I look forward to seeing him written by better writers very soon.

El Topo

Black Science
Descender
Low

Saga
Paper Girls
Deadly Class
East of West
Ms. Marvel

Have you heard of the greatness that is The Wicked + The Divine?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The 2 Darkhawk issues to kickoff War of Kings are terrible. Bad dialogue, characters that act like idiots, and confusing action scenes are some of the highlights of these wonderful books.

The character is cool as shit though so I look forward to seeing him written by better writers very soon.

Darkhawk is coming back?!?

So weird that Generations is such a big part of the line now, but years ago Hasbro said that 40% of their Transformers business was from collectors so maybe it's not that surprising.

Haven't bought one in ages but have wanted a Metalhawk since the start of MTMTE/RID so may make an exception for him.
I'm like 60% sure I want to put either a Transformer or a cool LEGO set in one of the top squares of my bookcase:

(Also I need a better space for the amiibo that are gathering dust)

I'm like 60% sure I want to put either a Transformer or a cool LEGO set in one of the top squares of my bookcase:

After seeing the LEGO Batman Movie today there's a good chance I order the Batmobile and Joker's Lowrider before the end of next week.

I may just buy the Scuttler instead because I thought that was a rad design.

List!

Detective Comics #951
Wonder Woman #17
Monstress #10
Shutter #27
Elektra #1
Hulk #3
Divinity III Stalinverse #3
Slam #4

Also, the Batman v Superman: DoJ Wonder Woman statue is finally getting released this week!

0zxkuak0i86x.gif

Did you see the newly shown off Batwing?

I generally don't like flying vehicles for display. The first big set I bought as an adult collector was the Avengers Quinjet (from the first movie, not the Airport Battle one) and I had some close calls with the landing gear rolling it close to off the shelf.

If it had a stand, that would be okay. Or if it could stand on its' own, like I have one of the older TIE Fighters on display right now (in between a non-LEGO Abrams Enterprise and the Enterprise-E for some reason....I need more Star Wars ships).

I've been waiting forever to own a quality Sweet Tooth collection. Been holding off on the trades. Do you know if there are plans for this? I google every now and then but haven't caught wind of plans for it to be released in HC. I don't usually give a crap about fancy collections, but Sweet Tooth is my favorite series ever (maybe)..

Haha sorry! I was so late seeing your reply, Tim answered not one but twice. I really would like those. I hold Sweet Tooth in pretty high regard too, certainly think he's yet to out do it with anything he's did since (although a) The Underwater Welder is damn good and b) I've yet to read Black Hammer) so I'd love to get them! The actual paperback trades are so meh too. Sitting right beside American Vampire and the how nice those are, it's just offensive.

Dusknoir

Deathstroke and Red hood being so low hurts me. I can't even see shade the changing girl on this list. You can tell retailers are holding back on orders when Marvel's own number ones don't creak the top 20. Unstoppable Wasp at 65 and Mighty Captian Marvel at 32. I know Batwoman should do fine cuz She derserves her own series but it still makes me worry.

I can't wait for Old Guard this week. Looks good. Hopefully there's no huge delays with this series.

Top Bottom