• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably going to be an idiotic statement and I'm probably going to be incinerated but....

The super armor concept needs to die. It is not practical at all anymore. It is especially unwelcome in fighting games where someone can KO a character in a single combo without the assist.

AzureJericho said:
35ja5ts.jpg

Just adding this to the Mahvel Hall of Laughs gif series. Courtesy of The Faceless Master.

Hit that mofo with that frying pan!!!

Skillet Baby!!!

Has anybody check the Shadow Mode? I heard it was a waste of a DLC.

zlatko

Banned
Still working on a new team, but here's the two I'm currently messing around with to see which will work better:

Dr. Doom, Sentinel, Magneto
Tron, Sentinel, Doom

The second team is what I'm leaning more towards. The combo potential, the meter building, and having each character have an amazing assist let's you run any of the 3 on point with great success.

The first team I imagine would be better in the hands of a better player, but I'm still having a lot of trouble getting the Magneto loop down pat. I can get like one rep of the loop, before I drop it and I'm not sure why that is.

Anyone run either of these combinations to give me some more insight how you play it?

Dreavus

Oh man, when Ammy beats Akuma:

"That attack that Demon did... it's just like when Mrs. Orange makes cherry cakes!"

Love it.

Ferrio

Banned
Going to try and stick with tron a few more days see if she clicks. Think I need to get in training mode and practice moving around and spacing with her.

zlatko said:
Still working on a new team, but here's the two I'm currently messing around with to see which will work better:

Tron, Sentinel, Doom

The second team is what I'm leaning more towards. The combo potential, the meter building, and having each character have an amazing assist let's you run any of the 3 on point with great success.

The first team I imagine would be better in the hands of a better player, but I'm still having a lot of trouble getting the Magneto loop down pat. I can get like one rep of the loop, before I drop it and I'm not sure why that is.

Anyone run either of these combinations to give me some more insight how you play it?

I say the 2nd team is great. You can build meter with Tron quick. Also the Doom Missile Assist stop so many people who wants to Air Juggle in the game. Big Poppa Pump can't be stop. That mofo has skillet/frying pan and those boats is too much for anybody. Also, this team has more health then the other. Each character is sitting over a 1,000,000 health.

Magneto level 3 is the only major difference out the the 2nd group. 400,000 damage and can be combo into from a Air Juggle. That is what I would go with if you want to go with the rush down time.

hitsugi

N4Us said:
MvC2 is my favorite fighting game ever and I'll admit that's loaded with bullshit.
The best bullshit ever in a fighting game. Taking hits to avoid larger consequences as a strategy = amazing.

Setting people into forced rolls for 50/50 mix ups and unblockable moves that hit under / behind = too gdlk.

Dreavus

The Tron flame assist and Haggar's lariat are pretty crazy. You can basically call them in with impunity when being rushed down or when rushing down, and it's very unlikely you'll get punished for it thanks to all the invincibility.

Just played a few rounds against people using Tron's assist and it's really hard to play around. I lost pretty handily.

Dreavus said:
The Tron flame assist and Haggar's lariat are pretty crazy. You can basically call them in with impunity when being rushed down or when rushing down, and it's very unlikely you'll get punished for it thanks to all the invincibility.

Just played a few rounds against people using Tron's assist and it's really hard to play around. I lost pretty handily.

Ehhh, I've learned to just mash crouch short when Haggar comes in during my opponent's blockstun. I guess it helps that my characters are relatively small, they just duck under the lariat swings and punish as he recovers. Just have to be wary and anticipate it. It's still pretty slick as a GTFO assist though.

Tron, on the other hand, can go to hell as an assist.

Dreavus said:

I prefer Haggar's pipe. The range is bigger and it's an OTG. One thing I say about the lariat is that it cause people to stay away. I play rushdown and I'll zone somebody out until Haggar is out. Then I rush down until I see "Assist Ok!"

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think to beat Tron's assist you really got to wait for them to call it then throw out a fast projectile super or snap her in. She's pretty good on point too but at least you won't have to deal with that damn assist while fighting her.

But I guess snapping her in wouldn't work if someone's running some form of Tron/Doom. Sounds like a really irritating combination.

zlatko said:

Tron, Sentinel, Doom

I would also like to know how to Tron and Doom. I figured out the Sentinal combos the first couple of days.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Chauncy Talon said:
I prefer Haggar's pipe. The range is bigger and it's an OTG. One thing I say about the lariat is that it cause people to stay away. I play rushdown and I'll zone somebody out until Haggar is out. Then I rush down until I see "Assist Ok!"
Its not an otg it is a ground bounce. If it was an otg then it would lift people off the ground.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Haggar

zlatko

Banned
MiniBossBattle said:
I would also like to know how to Tron and Doom. I figured out the Sentinal combos the first couple of days.

I'll go into the lab later tonight or early tomorrow and put up videos of what I find. Last night I saw that if Tron is on point, or Doom is on point, you can extend combos to a stupid degree for massive damage with both since both assists are amazing. Sentinel as the third makes him just a fear factor, but if he's on point both assists of missles and the flame will help sent do his thing much easier.

shaowebb

Lost Fragment said:
This is why I love NeoGAF.
_dementia said:
The DP costume is a nice touch.
SephirothRK said:
Nice :lol
Glad everyone liked my custom WIP My Little Pony Arcade Pro Stick so much.

My gamertag on 360 is Dynasty Penguin if anyone wants to help me break this thing in.

Remember Friendship is Magic!

I so need to find more characters in this game with pink outfits to play while using this thing. Bizarre gamer pic and youtube shenanigans here I come.

BotoxAgent said:
I fuckin hate Iron Man's launcher....always whiffs a lot.

It doesn't work in a lot of normal style combos, but if you use it after dashes, corner sets and his repulsor blast it's pretty good. It's one of the few launchers that will hit someone trying to triangle jump you or who is trying to cross you up. Because of this it's great for landing some big damage combos with Ironman.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lost Fragment said:
I think to beat Tron's assist you really got to wait for them to call it then throw out a fast projectile super or snap her in. She's pretty good on point too but at least you won't have to deal with that damn assist while fighting her.

But I guess snapping her in wouldn't work if someone's running some form of Tron/Doom. Sounds like a really irritating combination.

I think thats how you stop hidden missiles too. If Ryu had a bit more in the tool shed, he'd probably be an ideal choice to punish it.

Xevren

Grecco said:
I still havent been able to find a TE stick :( Been to 8 Gamestops now. sick of using the pad to play mvc

Do stores even carry them? I've never seen a Gamestop with them.

Grecco

Xevren said:
Do stores even carry them? I've never seen a Gamestop with them.

One store i went to had the round 2 stick for PS3 the other "claimed" they had the MVC2 stick for 360 then the guy went in the back and came back and said he didnt.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
HK-47 said:
I think thats how you stop hidden missiles too. If Ryu had a bit more in the tool shed, he'd probably be an ideal choice to punish it.

Arthur's lvl 3 is probably one of the best assist destroyers. Especially if you xfactor it. So much damage.

MODOK's psionic blaster is probably really good too if it's charged up. It does pretty ridiculous damage if it's powered up.

ReiGun

Holy shit at us being on OT2 already.

Marvel is proving to be a great motivator. I've gotten tons of school work done, just so I can play without guilt. Gotta be in shape for this online tourney.

Shadow Mode is ass. The AI is shit. Not even a total scrub would play the way Shadow Mode's AI plays. Well at least it was free...

Nose Master

Rocky_Balboa said:
Shadow Mode is ass. The AI is shit. Not even a total scrub would play the way Shadow Mode's AI plays. Well at least it was free...

IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE AM I RIGHT?!

God, I'm clever.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, that's it, I'm done with online. I'm sick of fighting the same goddamn teams over and over, and I'm sick of punching the fuck out of my TV screen every time one of those teams beats me. My knuckles are purple and red and I know it's just not a good idea for me to keep playing. I know it's my fault, and I know I have problems, but that's the way it is. I don't know. I can handle losing (and losing badly, at that) in pretty much any other online game. FPS? Sure. Strategy? Fine. Fighters? I fucking explode. I'll still play with friends and GAF, but I'm done with Ranked/Player matches with randoms.

Same goddamn thing has happened with every online fighter I've gotten, and every time a new one comes along I think "Oh this time will be different", but it never is.

Haha, I just fought Gootecks! I checked his friends list and it had Dogface and Santhrax on it so I'm sure it's legit. I'm not a great player at all but I came close to beating him (he even had Sentinel). I was repping Cap, Chris and Iron man due to the new outfits. Maybe I'll be on Excellent Adventures! My gt is robut btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom