• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2017 | Read the Rules in the OP | We Live For This

WTS

SLEIhbg.png

All prices are in US$ and include shipping.

Paypal only, please. F&F or pay fees. I'm willing to accept offers on all items, just PM me.

Uncharted 4, like new - $15

Sony - DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Starter Kit (controller + USB dongle), like new - $40
I purchased this but used it maybe once. It's clean and works perfectly.

Game Keys
Steam
TIS-100 - $0.50
The Darkness II - $0.50
Spec Ops: The Line - $0.50
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine - $0.50
Pony Island - $0.50
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball - $0.50
Guacamelee Gold Edition - $0.50
Ballistick - $0.50
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition - $0.50
Hacknet - $0.50

Origin
Battlefield 3 - $0.50
Medal of Honor - $0.50
Mirror's Edge - $0.50
Populous - $0.50

WTB: Amazon Credit (flexible on amount) at 90% discount, Nintendo eShop credit (around $50 worth) at 85% discount, Domino's credit (around $50 worth) at 80% discount

It'd be perfect for a videogame magazine scan website or something similar

Aren't those illegal / prosecuted / etc.?

I seem to remember archive.org putting up a bunch of Nintendo Power magazine scans, and Nintendo going after them and having them taken down.

Squarehard

We need a rule on feedback where one user hammers another for feedback but doesnt extend the same courtesy...like ever!

If you go to the feedback thread, Pathlesscookies hasn't left feedback once but makes it a point to hammer others to leave feedback for him.

This is some Grade A bullshit.

Or rather than a rule, be warned that you will not get feedback from this user. Period.
Not sure if that's something that can be easily regulated.

I've had a few transactions where I never received a feedback from the other party, even though I've left them feedback.

I just politely ask them for feedback, and if they don't provide one, then I move on.

The op mentions it specifically that it's not mandatory, so something like this is hard to regulate.

If anything, this is a problem with this particular person, and you should just note it as you have done here so others will know.

I don't think it's a rampant enough issue that there needs to be a rule for it.

Not sure if that's something that can be easily regulated.

I've had a few transactions where I never received a feedback from the other party, even though I've left them feedback.

I just politely ask them for feedback, and if they don't provide one, then I move on.

The op mentions it specifically that it's not mandatory, so something like this is hard to regulate.

If anything, this is a problem with this particular person, and you should just note it as you have done here so others will know.

I don't think it's a rampant enough issue that there needs to be a rule for it.

Still disappointed there weren't new shaming rules for this new thread.

Aren't those illegal / prosecuted / etc.?

I seem to remember archive.org putting up a bunch of Nintendo Power magazine scans, and Nintendo going after them and having them taken down.

Did some research and there are several high-profile scan sites out there that are legit and have been going for decades without legal action, presumably operating under fair use. I think it depends on the age of the magazine and the company behind it. There's two major Retro archives out there, a Mean Machines archive (Sega) and archives for CVG (Future Publishing) and they seem to be operating without any legal implications. I think the Nintendo incident is the only case of legal action ever happening. Nintendo is pretty draconian in this regard.

If my listing is not appropriate then I do apologise and I'll remove it.

Istaerion

We need a rule on feedback where one user hammers another for feedback but doesnt extend the same courtesy...like ever!

If you go to the feedback thread, Pathlesscookies hasn't left feedback once but makes it a point to hammer others to leave feedback for him.

Or rather than a rule, be warned that you will not get feedback from this user. Period.

I've certainly noticed an increasing amount of users who don't bother to leave feedback even when they have gotten some beforehand. I used to leave feedback immediately upon payment for my buyers, but I've since switched to leaving it after I've gotten some first.

That said, I don't believe it's enough of an issue to enforce, but I do recommend users to be weary and change up their feedback tactics if it proves to be hindrance to them.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Siyou

Hate to do this but I guess I gotta at this point. Negative Feedback for Hikami. He was selling a white ps4, we agreed on a price and I sent him the money with his word that he'll ship it out the next day with a tracking number. This was April 25th. He's completely disappeared off the map since then, he logged in exactly once on May 1st with no reply to my PM's or my Email. He's done business with others here such as cloggerdude with no problems and this is the longest he's ever gone without posting on GAF so I would LIKE to assume that something happened in real life but I don't know that. I think better of people so I'll rescind the negative feedback if that's possible if he reappears with a good story of why this happened. I don't really feel like I got scammed or ripped off here since he just sorta fell off the face of the earth, he was active in the persona thread but all this for just $165 when he just sold a 3DS and bought a controller from someone?

In that case I'm still in need of a PS4.

WTB
PS4 - can be slim or OG, I prefer white but it can be black. I prefer around $175, don't need any games or bundles or anything crazy.

No I have not, like I said he completely vanished.

Shoulda coulda woulda. My fault for that. I have no excuse.
I am so damn sorry this happened to you :( I literally did a transaction with him a month or so before this and I would not have foreseen this happening. Neogaf has always been my go-to place for buying stuff from both reliable and responsible people... But as of late it feels we've been entering a rather dark period for traders here. This is unacceptable and this could have been me. There's no telling from here on out for me if someone with or without positive feedback can prove to be trustworthy. To me, this is a stain on the topic and the trust system (or feedback system). This is perhaps the biggest red flag to me, and it should be for everyone else here. Positive feedback is starting to mean moot. I'm so terribly sorry BKH3. Any transactions from here on out, I will not be doing F/F trades.

I have had one transaction with that user. I left feedback and did not get it in return. I even sent a message a couple weeks later.

I have been the person updating the feedback sheet for a few months now and noticed that feeback is left for them, but not once have they given it back. I have just decided that I won't transact with them anymore.

I am so damn sorry this happened to you :( I literally did a transaction with him a month or so before this and I would not have foreseen this happening. Neogaf has always been my go-to place for buying stuff from both reliable and responsible people... But as of late it feels we've been entering a rather dark period for traders here. This is unacceptable and this could have been me. There's no telling from here on out for me if someone with or without positive feedback can prove to be trustworthy. To me, this is a stain on the topic and the trust system (or feedback system). This is perhaps the biggest red flag to me, and it should be for everyone else here. Positive feedback is starting to mean moot. I'm so terribly sorry BKH3. Any transactions from here on out, I will not be doing F/F trades.

Ehhh, I don't know that I would go that far. From what I have seen, there haven't been any large rises in Negative feedback here lately. We always have and, unfortunately, always will have issues that come up, but they really are a minority.

I do think that it's important that people don't get too comfortable though. It is highly suggested that you use Goods and Services for any "large" transaction. What is large? Basically, any amount that would be material to you personally.

I don't mean any of that as a dig towards BHK3 though. I'll be honest and say that I've paid with F&F for some transactions too and just got lucky. Heck, I bought something from Hikami literally a week before and that went totally fine. Weird.

Also, I forgot I asked about this so I'll ask again. Looking for a PSTV with I think a 8GB card to cover the like 4 games I want to download on it.

I wiped it as soon as I got it. Phone isn't in use anymore. As far as the IMEI, you think that's possible? I input the IMEI number on the Ting.com service to see if it is available for service. I don't think it was me who compromised the IMEI, or did I?

I would personally never put my IMEI into any website. What I do know is that there is a lot that can be done when someone knows your IMEI like IMEI spoofing for example. Whenever I have sold my old phones and someone would ask for the IMEI, I would never give it to them. So it's a possibility you may have compromised it yourself.

AkumaNiko

3x $50 PSN cards $45 each (available 5/5/17)

h7bIOJvl.jpg

Also selling a few PS4 games

World of Final Fantasy - $25

Grand Kingdom - $20

Will let both of those games go for $37.5 shipped

And lastly i am selling my near mint Unlocked Iphone 7 Plus 128gb space grey, I switched over to the S8 + and i have not looked back. Gauging interest, $750 shipped.

Anyone get any extra Majoras Mask Links from Best Buy they'd be willing to trade for a Sheik, or for a decent price? Just missed it by minutes yesterday =/

It was on hold in your last post too.

Please don't repost something if it's not available for sale.

The rules specifically say that you may keep an item in your listing until the transaction is completed. If they really haven't actually sold the item yet, then it's perfectly fine.

kaos424

WTS:

Xbox One S 500GB w/ 2 Controllers. One White S Controller and One Lunar White.

Asking $200 Shipped.

Nintendo 2DS Red w/ Mario Kart 7 preloaded.

Asking $60 shipped.

The rules specifically say that you may keep an item in your listing until the transaction is completed. If they really haven't actually sold the item yet, then it's perfectly fine.

Sorry, I figured that just meant the listing it was sold from, not continuing to post it in all future listings as well.

Karish

Selling Apple Watch Sport 38MM first gen. $150 shipped to US. Normal use and comes with charger. I just want to upgrade to Series 2 as I am getting more and more into biking and fitness. I will include some extra bands I have.

5a71b2e4227136eb97acd03d52731523.jpg

WTB: APPLE WATCH SERIES 1 OR 2

Syriel

I did factory reset as soon as I got the phone. I did google around to see if I can go back to stock and according to my googling I can't unless I have the original phone version backup.

Just to be clear, I don't really care about the phone, it's not in use anymore. Mostly worried about my privacy.

I asked my cousin if his friends were messing around with him but he physically saw the messages he did not send pop up on their friends phone.

Rooted phone from unknown source = pretty much anything could be in the ROM. That's like installing a pirated copy of Windows on your PC (as far as trust and security is concerned).

A factory reset doesn't wipe the OS. You would need to flash back to stock (or a known good image for the build of your choice) to do that.

I wiped it as soon as I got it. Phone isn't in use anymore. As far as the IMEI, you think that's possible? I input the IMEI number on the Ting.com service to see if it is available for service. I don't think it was me who compromised the IMEI, or did I?

No. People who go on about "compromised IMEIs" are just spreading FUD.

Much simpler reasons are malware (remember, Android and iOS devices are nothing more than small computers, and when you root, you're exploiting a security hole) and/or spoofed numbers. Both of which are very easy to do.

I would personally never put my IMEI into any website. What I do know is that there is a lot that can be done when someone knows your IMEI like IMEI spoofing for example. Whenever I have sold my old phones and someone would ask for the IMEI, I would never give it to them. So it's a possibility you may have compromised it yourself.

All you're doing in that case is making yourself look like a scam seller to buyers.

IMEI numbers are not secret. They are generated by a well known set of rules, and it is trivial to generate new ones following said rules if you need them. No one is going to bother "stealing" an IMEI when they can just make one.

Yes, you can clone an IMEI into a new device, but that is far from a simple process. It also doesn't really gain you a benefit unless you are trying to get around a device block, because subscriber information isn't tied to IMEI. Not to mention, networks do not like it when there are multiple devices using the same IMEI on said network. Trying that is a good way to get your devices blocked.

If you want access to someone's line, you're going to need to:
  • Get malware on their device
  • Get their account info
  • Clone a SIM card (good luck)
  • Get SS7 network access (the easiest and most powerful option due to flaws in the network design)

Putting an IMEI into a carrier site does not put it at risk.

And getting an IMEI before buying a device is the only way to check that the seller isn't trying to scam you by selling a device that is blacklisted/lost/stolen/under financial commitment/etc.

A buyer asking for an IMEI is a smart buyer.

Gaspard

WTS

Like New NES Classic - $225 Shipped (used it maybe once or twice)

New in Box The Legend of Zelda - Guardian Amiibo - $50 Shipped

Used 8GB Vita Memory Cards (×2) - $15 each Shipped

Paypal F&F and Cont. US only please

WTB:
S9i5ey0.png

PSN Keys:
Eve Valkirye for $10
Rez Infinite, robinson, or other PS VR games, please PM

WTS

Steam

$1 each
Awesomenauts
Sanctum 2
Abyss Odyssey
Limbo
Back to the Future: The Game
Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse
Poker Night at the Inventory
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Agent 2
Victor Vran
Noct (Early Access)
POP: Methodology Experiment One

$2 each
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
Star Wars™: Dark Forces
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight Dark Forces II
Saints Row
Just Cause Collection (Includes 1 and 2)
Shadowrun Returns
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered (Humble bundle gift)
Sanctum 2
BioShock

X1
Xbox one Black 500 GB console (mint conditions, purchased on 01/2017)
Includes normal controller + Sunset Overdrive, box and original cables.
Some digital games installed, not sure how these transfers: assassin's unity and gears1,2,3 and judgement installed
I can send pictures on request.
£120 + shipping (around £20), or pick up in London.
Open to offers.
XDNbSoel.jpg

OraleeWey

Rooted phone from unknown source = pretty much anything could be in the ROM. That's like installing a pirated copy of Windows on your PC (as far as trust and security is concerned).

A factory reset doesn't wipe the OS. You would need to flash back to stock (or a known good image for the build of your choice) to do that.

No. People who go on about "compromised IMEIs" are just spreading FUD.

Much simpler reasons are malware (remember, Android and iOS devices are nothing more than small computers, and when you root, you're exploiting a security hole) and/or spoofed numbers. Both of which are very easy to do.

All you're doing in that case is making yourself look like a scam seller to buyers.

IMEI numbers are not secret. They are generated by a well known set of rules, and it is trivial to generate new ones following said rules if you need them. No one is going to bother "stealing" an IMEI when they can just make one.

Yes, you can clone an IMEI into a new device, but that is far from a simple process. It also doesn't really gain you a benefit unless you are trying to get around a device block, because subscriber information isn't tied to IMEI. Not to mention, networks do not like it when there are multiple devices using the same IMEI on said network. Trying that is a good way to get your devices blocked.

If you want access to someone's line, you're going to need to:
  • Get malware on their device
  • Get their account info
  • Clone a SIM card (good luck)
  • Get SS7 network access (the easiest and most powerful option due to flaws in the network design)

Putting an IMEI into a carrier site does not put it at risk.

And getting an IMEI before buying a device is the only way to check that the seller isn't trying to scam you by selling a device that is blacklisted/lost/stolen/under financial commitment/etc.

A buyer asking for an IMEI is a smart buyer.

Thanks a lot for the information. Now I know a little bit more about Android security. So, like I said before I basically don't care about the phone anymore. The reason I originally bought it was to use it as a dedicated GPS device because my Note 4's GPS doesn't work well. It's a known issue you can Google. Eventually I bought myself a Garmin and gave the phone to my cousin. I originally posted my issue on this thread to ask the community what I should do. Should I give the seller feedback so other are aware that he might be a bad noodle to do business with...? But at the same time there's no way to tell if it was him or not. But the fact of the matter is that my privacy was at stake and I don't really know how far they went with it. Could they access the camera, microphone? I don't really know.

Shiv47

Hey all, got some stuff to get rid of. I'm a Gold Seller, so buy with confidence. Regarding the sale items below: Lego prices do not include shipping! All other items do! As shipping totals differ based on destination, I will inform you of Lego shipping once I know where it's going. US buyers only for sake of ease, thanks. Paypal gift payment or pay fees, please. Message with any questions – thanks!
Oakb9ta.png

Pics are linked to item name.

Netgear AC1200 Desktop WiFi Range Extender (EX6200) $50: Bought new by me, nothing wrong with it, just don't need it any longer. Includes power cable, no packaging or paperwork.

Pacman Watch $40: A Capcom collectible watch. Worn a couple times; no scratches or damage, still has working battery. Pacman is on the second hand, gobbling time as the minutes and hours go by. Comes with Club Namco metal case. #493 of 500 units.

Playstation VR Launch Bundle w/Batman VR $425 Bought new by me, just didn't take to it like I thought I would.

LEGO:

Okay, I bought all these sets a few years ago, and in almost every case, never put them together, and they've sat on a basement shelf ever since. All were bought new by me at my local Lego Store here in the metro Detroit area. I've tried to price them below the going rate on eBay/Bricklink. They gotta go. Please. More specifics:

Maersk Train (10219) $150: So I had this, and told my then 9-year-old son to keep it out of it. He didn't, and opened the box without telling me, and while my wife and I helped him put some of it together, as you can see from the picture, it did not get finished. The #2 bags were never opened; everything else has been kept in a ziploc bag. Manuals and sticker sheet are there, as is the box, albeit with kid-ripped open side. My wife and son applied some stickers to the locomotive after the main body was assembled, and at least one is a bit crooked. Here's the thing: while I assume everything is still there, I cannot guarantee it. It is possible a piece or two fell onto the floor or otherwise vanished while this sat on a craft table for the time it languished between being opened and given up on, and I don't have the time or inclination to find out one way or the other. So if you've been wanting this otherwise OOP set, here's a good way to get it cheap. Sold as is.

Fire Brigade (10197) $270: New in box.

Pet Shop (10218) $120: Built, but over the years of sitting in our basement, some pieces have vanished at one point or another. The buildings are essentially complete, but some of the street items have gone astray (the bicycle, for example). I have no idea how many pieces are missing exactly, but the box and manuals are included. Sold as is. Will be disassembled, obviously, to ship, unless you don't want the box and want it shipped as is, for whatever reason.

Medieval Market Village (10193) $140: New in box.

Sopwith Camel (10226) $125: New in box. I will throw in the mini bag Sopwith Camel (40049) as well.

Minecraft Micro World: The Forest (21102) $20 each, or both for $37: New in box, have 2 of these.

WTB

Want to buy any of the following at a fair and not to expensive price point. Also must be complete and good condition. NA versions only.

Looking to spend between $20-$30 shipped.

Twilight Princess HD With Amiibo- Wii U
Game & Wario Wii U
Mario Tennis Wii U
Paper Mario Color Splash Wii U
Silent Hill Shattered Memories (ps2), and (PSP)
SIlent Hill Orgins (PSP)

I also have come into a OG Xbox. I only have about ten games for it but want to expand the collection. Not sure what I want to buy for it so if you have anything you want to get rid off PM me with reasonable prices and we can talk?

Horizon Zero Dawn

Gave it up after 10 hours because of Zelda, and I've had my fill of open world games for now. Like new

£30 inc postage

PM me if interested.

Ventara

Hope everything works out.

In the end, if you've already contacted eBay, and they told you know, trying to file a dispute may not work out anyways in the end as if it's not specifically in the listing, he's not obligated to do so. Since it sounds like eBay is already siding with them about it, it'd be difficult to win that dispute in the end.

If he does indeed renege on the combined shipping, and you don't pay, you would more than likely be the one in the wrong, so you may just have to eat the extra shipping to avoid any headaches if he doesn't get back to you.

I've had times where sellers didn't even offer combined shipping, nor have I ever asked for it, and after I had paid, they refunded me the difference on their own, so that could also happen. Of course, may not necessarily happen in this case, but it's possible.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out. :D

I ended up paying last night and was expecting the worst, but the seller got back to me today and refunded me the shipping cost for both items, and offered free shipping instead for the delay, which was really nice of him. So I guess he was too busy before to reply back.

Syriel

Thanks a lot for the information. Now I know a little bit more about Android security. So, like I said before I basically don't care about the phone anymore. The reason I originally bought it was to use it as a dedicated GPS device because my Note 4's GPS doesn't work well. It's a known issue you can Google. Eventually I bought myself a Garmin and gave the phone to my cousin. I originally posted my issue on this thread to ask the community what I should do. Should I give the seller feedback so other are aware that he might be a bad noodle to do business with...? But at the same time there's no way to tell if it was him or not. But the fact of the matter is that my privacy was at stake and I don't really know how far they went with it. Could they access the camera, microphone? I don't really know.

No way to know where the issue arose. Blaming it on the seller would be foolish.

Yes, the seller could have sold you a hacked phone on purpose, but what would be the point? The lulz? You're talking an extremely unlikely option.

If you want to delve deeper into Android and iOS security, feel free to start a thread. Otherwise, just flash the device with the factory ROM and don't worry about it.

Boogiepop

Figured I'd ask in a separate post to see what you guys have to say, because if I did it on an actual item bump there's a chance it'd just be skimmed over.

Anyway, I've thrown my big old lot of Shonen Jump up a decent number of times, and it definitely isn't moving. And to be honest, I'm starting to think it may be more of an issue of just not hitting the right market for it. I've been trying to sell through here as I've had good experiences with Neogaf in the past, but now I'm thinking I need to consider other options.

So yeah, my question is... how afraid of ebay and craigslist should I be? I've honestly never sold on either one before. Ebay's got me scared because of what I've heard about customers scamming sellers, combined with the fact that this is such a mountain of books that it's gonna be like $50 to ship it in the US at best, far as I can tell, so... the potential of that backfiring is a little scary. Craigslist would have the benefit of being able to get around the shipping issue, but what little I know of it has always given me the impression that it's kind of... seedy.

Any advice?

Any advice?
I'm a fan of craigslist, but you will be hit by scammers. Few tips: use a google voice number that is linked to your actual cell. Spell out a few numbers to stop bots from picking out phone numbers for scammers. Say in the post that you'll only meet in a public place, and go somewhere with cameras. I like McDonalds lobby. Honestly, I've sold about 6-7 things over Craigslist and haven't had a bad experience with anyone yet, except for the occasional person running late.

Backlogger

Any advice?

I used to love Craigslist when I lived in San Luis Obispo, CA. Small college town.

Then I moved to Vegas and discovered I didn't like the "unknown element" anymore so I stopped using it.

My wife and I have had a lot of success with Facebook marketplaces though. Check Facebook to see if your area has a private marketplace. They are usually invite only and have a lot of rules about buying and selling. My wife has sold a ton of things on "Summerlin Swap" which is a private Facebook marketplace.

The default Facebook marketplace isn't bad either. I just bought a Vita from someone on there. I also sold my 580ti last year on there. Both were good experiences.

The reason I like it better than Craigslist is you can kind of take a peek at the person you might be dealing with. You can see their name and their picture, etc.

WTS:

Steam keys

- Wasteland 2 - $6.00
- Broforce - $3.00 SOLD
- Underail - $2.50
- Hacknet - $2.00
- Ryse: Son of Rome - $2.00
- Soul Axiom - $1.50
- Renowned Explorers: International Society - $1.50
- DeadCore + Attractio + Ridge Racer™ Unbounded Bundle - $1.00 GONE
- PAC-MAN 256 + Platformines + ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ Premium Edition + Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition - $4.00 GONE

PSN codes (NA)

- Lost Planet 3 (PS3) - $1
- Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (PS3) - $2
- Okami HD (PS3) - $3
- Remember Me (PS3) - $1
- Mega Man 9 & 10 Combo Pack (PS3) - $3

All in Paypal Friends and Family.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
WTS: Doom on Steam.

Let me know what you got. I bought the limited edition for the dope statue but already own the game.

sorry...feedback left

Squarehard

I ended up paying last night and was expecting the worst, but the seller got back to me today and refunded me the shipping cost for both items, and offered free shipping instead for the delay, which was really nice of him. So I guess he was too busy before to reply back.

Oh good, glad to hear that it all worked out, and the seller even went ahead and did a bit more with the shipping costs.

It's always good to give the seller the benefit of the doubt first, especially if they've been in contact with you prior.

In this case, worked out great. :D

52club

Craigslist in the Chicago area is a shit show. It has gotten worse over time. I'm at the point I doubt I use it again. This is from a guy that sold a home on craigslist at one point.

Just_one

Want to sell :

Lego Winter Village Bakery (10216) NEW/SEALED : 150€ plus shipping or would trade for brink bank!

Thanks

Top Bottom