• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer reviews Too Human. Evilore 1, Dyack 0. Who cares?! We want the BATMAN!

The Innocent X said:
Is sacred 2 really out november 7th? I can't see me having much spare cash in november.

The hard part for me will deciding whether to get in on PC or 360. I want to play it on 360 with people but when I read that you were trapped on the same screen with somebody else even online that was a big turnoff.

CSampson

The Innocent X said:
As someone who might buy the game, it annoys me when every thread is cluttered with the same old crap, drowning out anything that might be interesting. The mods do nothing, and so anyone who is interested in the game is left annoyed. This thread is another thread dragged into the shit by the childishness.

Thanks you for posting this, my thoughts exactly.

I never understood people bashing games without playing them, but I guess doing that and making .gifs is the "cool" thing to do. I wanna fit in (and refer to NeoGAF as "us, we":lol )!

Shins

Banned
CSampson said:
I never understood people bashing games without playing them, but I guess doing that and making .gifs is the "cool" thing to do. I wanna fit in (and refer to NeoGAF as "us, we"
Keep up the whole contrarian thing and you'll carve out just a wonderful little niche for yourself.

Too Human threads keep reminding me to pick up Eternal Darkness the next time I see it. In this sense I support the spamming of anything related to this game on this forum.

Wizpig

Anyone that can post how this Developer-board flame started?
I feel like i missed the very beginning of Dyack VS. GAF.
Also, Mama Robotnik confirmed to be the best GAF member ever.

madmook

Holy shit I thought the "no healing items except for those dropped from enemies" was just a demo thing... so there's really no immediate way for the majority of the classes to heal on demand?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
madmook said:
Holy shit I thought the "no healing items except for those dropped from enemies" was just a demo thing... so there's really no immediate way for the majority of the classes to heal on demand?

the game would be entirely too easy if you had access to "potions"

Wizpig said:
Anyone that can post how this Developer-board flame started?
I feel like i missed the very beginning of Dyack VS. GAF.
Also, Mama Robotnik confirmed to be the best GAF member ever.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95571&page=6

Is about where it started, but the Dyack hate had been strong before that. This is where the mods bascially all jumped in and shit on dyack from a great height. Since then, all childish tit for tat from both sides.

I think Dyack was a bt pissed of that they got personal with the fat jokes.

The Innocent X said:

Is about where it started, but the Dyack hate had been strong before that. This is where the mods bascially all jumped in and shit on dyack from a great height. Since then, all childish tit for tat from both sides.

That would be justified then as that is probably the most obvious moment that the jokemoved from his works to a direct personal attack.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
For what it's worth, my GS finally got their Too Human and Fable II preorder codes today. Just picked mine up.

Ephemeris

Detective Dyack: I'm a twenty year man. I can tell the difference between punks who need a little lesson in manners... and the freaks like you who would just enjoy it.
*pauses*
Detective Dyack: .. So what the game got a 6.75

153oho2.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Dyack has created such a fervor over this game that if Too Human bombs, SK is done. Does anyone see them coming back from this sort of debacle? I'd hate that since I've always liked SK. Too Human may be this gen's Daikatana, only Denis was made a bitch, not the other way around

The Innocent X said:

Never really read that thread before but just skimming through it, it's the usual suspects doing their usual thing.

Stoney Mason said:
Never really read that thread before but just skimming through it, it's the usual suspects doing their usual thing.

Blown out of proportion really. Should have been dealt with way before now, but has rumbled on for two fucking years, shitting up anything too human related and making it unreadable. As I said earlier in the thread. Totally childish on all sides.

Endless

Game Informer subscribers are in for a real treat this month. We’re proud to bring you the world-exclusive first look at Batman: Arkham Asylum from Rocksteady Studios and Eidos. This completely original title explores Gotham City’s darkest location, the infamous Arkham Asylum. But as a routine prison transfer goes wrong, the Joker sets his demented plan into action and Batman comes face to face with an army of his worst enemies. In a dark and gritty setting reminiscent of Bioshock (with a story co-written by Paul Dini), Arkham Asylum is setting the stage for a true-to-character Batman game.

gi_cover_batman.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200808/N08.0812.1226.23309.htm

krzyspc said:
Some people me a hater, others call me brain dead, but I call myself a realist and knew this game would suck.
I think it was pretty easy to tell the game was going to be a disgrace, but somehow some people had (or still have in some cases) faith. All the symptoms were there, I guess they chose to ignore them.

Rocksteady Studios are the same guys that did Urban Chaos: Riot Response... that game is seriously underrated. I loved it, and heard little about it anywhere else.

I am officially excited for Arkham Asylum

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
OMG I'm so late to this thread but it's delicious like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

And I nominate Mama Robotnik for GAF Poster of the Year for that fantastic GIF.

Teknoman

Wow, that EGM topic was a total battlefield.

Anyway, I think Too Human suffered from two things (which im sure have been mentioned numerous times): The analog stick based combat/actions. Only ONE game series has pulled this off and thats Ape Escape
where's my next gen Ape Escape anyway
. And the removal of 4 player online co-op.

A few minor things go to the actual combat effects. Pretty hard to tell when you're actually making contact with a certain enemy, and when you do make contact with the enemies, it just feel like it has any real impact....if that makes any sense.

_tetsuo_ said:
how in the fuck do you play the thousand year door, and THInk it deserves a 6.75? Like, seriously.

I have no idea.

Linkzg said:
The developer behind this Batman game made Urban Chaos, which was actually a fun game. I have some hope.

Really? That's a good sign. Urban Choas was a lot of fun, especially trying to figure out how to climb all the buildings.

Top Bottom