• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 basic model for... 399 euros/dollars?

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
399 pounds for a basic LOLOLOL if nintendo drops to the much needed 250 for a premium then its open season this christmas

Mandoric

Banned
Isn't 399 euros like, 520 in USD?

Direct conversion, sure. But MSRP 399 Euros = MSRP $349-$399, because Euro MSRP includes higher expenses and a 20-25% sales tax.

For perspective, the PS2 launched at $299 but 2990 French Francs, which is equivalent to 450 Euros.

THE:MILKMAN

I have said all along between £300 and £350 for the cheapest model if multiple SKUs.

€399 is currently £337 doing a straight conversion.

I have a feeling there might only be one model at first though.

a basic model with a smaller drive and lack of move/eye features sounds great

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Rupees.jpg
i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
That is hitting the sweet spot. If there is indeed a basic model for $399 and the HDD is at least 500GB, then I may go that route. 250GB is just too small, but it still remains an option if we can upgrade once again.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Seems fair, if turns out to be correct. If launch line up is interesting, I suspect it will pick up pace much faster than PS3 at this price.

Acheteedo

I'm married now dude, I have to be more conservative and fair with my spending lol. I also want to buy a new TV (Panasonic TX-P50GT60 plasma), plus Durango, so I can't just splash out as liberally.

Huh, that's weirdly similar to my situation... I'm even eyeing the same TV.

Except I'm reckless with my cash so I'm getting all three no matter the cost! The wife will just have to... you know...

The German source says "umgerechnet", so they converted the rupees value.
The Spanish site is pointless since it refers to the German site.
I call BS since they'd take a screenshot if it were true..

GulAtiCa

250GB seems small. Do we know if the PS4 will support external HDDs? I use a 2TB HDD for my Wii U. If I ever buy a PS4, would love to do the same.

399 USD = 279 GBP, throw in VAT and it could be £350.

I think that is rather good if it comes with the eye too.

360 launch was £279 and PS3 was something like £400+

The German source says "umgerechnet", so they converted the rupees value.
The Spanish site is pointless since it refers to the German site.
I call BS since they'd take a screenshot if it were true..

It's really weird that they did not take a screenshot. And it's not really a big site, could be just a way to get site hits.

Sylver

Banned
they also reported this:
CPU: single-chip custom processor, x86-64 AMD "Jaguar" 8 Cores
GPU: 18 "compute units" capable of cranking out 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next generation Radeon based graphics engine
Memory: 8GB GDDR5 RAM capable of 176GB/sec of bandwidth
Connectivity: 802.11n WiFi, USB 3.0, Bluetooth 2.1, Auxillary ports, Analog AV, and digital optical outputs and HDMI

they also reported this:
CPU: single-chip custom processor, x86-64 AMD "Jaguar" 8 Cores
GPU: 18 "compute units" capable of cranking out 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next generation Radeon based graphics engine
Memory: 8GB GDDR5 RAM capable of 176GB/sec of bandwidth
Connectivity: 802.11n WiFi, USB 3.0, Bluetooth 2.1, Auxillary ports, Analog AV, and digital optical outputs and HDMI

Who's they?

Those all seem accurate.

$400? If this is true, I'm going to buy every game available at launch. Please let this be true.

Now that I think about it. If there is a premium sku
I'm quite sure there will be
I'm buying that. So subtract 2 games from my purchases.

Another source (spanish again) about this (and in dollars):

http://www.zonared.com/ps4/noticias/playstation-4-podria-costar-400-dolares/

The price of the new generation consoles is one of the big questions that users have. Since Sony has hinted on several occasions that the amount will be more affordable than previous releases , but to date there is nothing official.

Worldwide media echo an alleged leak of PlayStation website in India, pointing to the price of PlayStation 4 at $ 400 (no doubt that Europe would direct conversion to 400 euros). This would be the amount of the basic model, which would be accompanied by a 250GB hard drive . Apparently, there could be another model Premium with a larger capacity disk.

Nothing official

From Sony obviously has not been any confirmation of the information, and of course Indian Web announcement was quickly erased . 400 euros for next generation consoles would be an attractive price, when you consider that PlayStation 3 cost of out 600 euros . On behalf of Microsoft , rumors speak of 500 euros, or 300 if you sign a two-year monthly fee.

indeed, that's a good price.

not that im an early adapter. will pick up around 250~ dollars ;p

not doing the 600 dollars early adapter thing again.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Isn't 399$ too low, given what we know/speculate about the console and its component prices? I've always thought 449$ for entry price, and I still think that's going to be the entry price, with no PSEye and smaller HDD. 499 for the PSeye SKU. Even if the PS4 teaser released today hints a little to PSEye being essential for the console, so included in every SKU...

EDIT: Yes, with no screencap / nothing chached either, it's difficult to believe this right now.

Top Bottom