• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

smr00

Banned
How is Lost Girl?

I spent like an hour skimming through all the shows on Netflix and i have seen everything (that interest me) but Lost Girl. Sucks because i have no shows to watch but current airing stuff :-/

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You are in for a real treat with Luther. :)

I will watch it later tonight. I looked up a trailer for it, and it looks like something I would enjoy.

I'd like to second Terriers. It is such a great show-and it's cancellation was tremendously heartbreaking, because this is one show I really wanted to succeed.

It is a well written show. By the end of the season, you want more. Reason I hate recommending canceled shows lol.

How is Lost Girl?

I spent like an hour skimming through all the shows on Netflix and i have seen everything (that interest me) but Lost Girl. Sucks because i have no shows to watch but current airing stuff :-/

Branch out. That is the beauty of streaming, and the selection. If I took your approach, I would have never had discovered Terriers, Nakita, Supernatural, Portlandia, Weeds, Battlestar Galactica, Vampire Diaries, etc.

smr00

Banned
I will watch it later tonight. I looked up a trailer for it, and it looks like something I would enjoy.

It is a well written show. By the end of the season, you want more. Reason I hate recommending canceled shows lol.

Branch out. That is the beauty of streaming, and the selection. If I took your approach, I would have never had discovered Terriers, Nakita, Supernatural, Portlandia, Weeds, Battlestar Galactica, Vampire Diaries, etc.
Seen all those.

I have literally seen all of the good shows on Netflix. Off the top of my head i have seen (not including the ones you listed)

The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Lost
Sons of Anarchy
Alias
Numb3rs
30 Rock
Arrested Development
How i met your mother
Dr Who
Raising Hope
Psych
White Collar
Burn Notice
Bones
West Wing
The Office
Always Sunny
The League
Louie
Parenthood
Scrubs
Life
Revenge
Rescue Me
X-Files
Jericho
Warehouse 13
Eureka

I can keep going.. It would probably be easier to list the shows i haven't seen that are on netflix because the list would be incredibly shorter. Some people are movie buff/fanatics, i am a TV buff/fanatic.

Lost Girl
Star Trek (all of the versions)
Ally McBeal

So far those are the only shows that i haven't seen that might interest me from what i just skimmed through.

smr00

Banned
Then its time to cut into that movie backlog. :p Until the WB show deal kicks in anyway.
I have seen pretty much every movie as well lol.

I have a stupid amount of free time. The only movie that i see on netflix as i am skimming through right now is V/H/S and i keep hearing mixed things about it so.. I'm sure i could find some foreign flicks i haven't seen yet but i have to be in a certain mood to want to watch something with subtitles and right now i just don't feel like reading.

EDIT- Jeff Lives at Home, Butter and Guns, Girls and Gambling are some flicks i haven't seen yet.

Ok, I am going to describe the movie and you geniuses come up with the name since I can not recll it. The benefit is that you will find an awesome movie on Netflix!

In short, it is about a cop-killing homicidal maniac. But what really amde me like it is that the maniac kind of had a clock-work orange swagger about him. He was a very happy-go-lucky chap at times while others he was very focused. Anyway, if anyone recalls the name then that would be awesome.

smr00

Banned
Ok, I am going to describe the movie and you geniuses come up with the name since I can not recll it. The benefit is that you will find an awesome movie on Netflix!

In short, it is about a cop-killing homicidal maniac. But what really amde me like it is that the maniac kind of had a clock-work orange swagger about him. He was a very happy-go-lucky chap at times while others he was very focused. Anyway, if anyone recalls the name then that would be awesome.
Blitz?

Do you know any actors or more about the film?

I have a stupid amount of free time. The only movie that i see on netflix as i am skimming through right now is V/H/S and i keep hearing mixed things about it so.. I'm sure i could find some foreign flicks i haven't seen yet but i have to be in a certain mood to want to watch something with subtitles and right now i just don't feel like reading.

EDIT- Jeff Lives at Home, Butter and Guns, Girls and Gambling are some flicks i haven't seen yet.

V/H/S is a mixed bag. The first story and the last one are good-some of the others are...ok. And the one in the middle where people go out into the woods is god awful, amateur level shit.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

You weren't kidding about the shows you have seen lol.

Take a look at: Hells on Wheels, Bob's Burgers, Workaholics, Life on Mars, Mad Men, FlashForward, Nip/Tuck, Better of Ted, Reaper, and Breakout Kings.

smr00

Banned
You weren't kidding about the shows you have seen lol.

Take a look at: Hells on Wheels, Bob's Burgers, Workaholics, Life on Mars, Mad Men, FlashForward, Nip/Tuck, Better of Ted, Reaper.
I have seen all of those.

Mad Men is the only show on that list that i didn't finish because i found it extremely boring.

Yep, it comes back to me now. It was Blitz. Did you like it?
I thought it was alright, one of Statham's better films over the past few years but that isn't really saying much.

I thought it was alright, one of Statham's better films over the past few years but that isn't really saying much.

I know what you mean. He pumps out a film quarterly. There is nothing else he can do that I would like to see acted out except quitting, lol.

smr00

Banned
Hell on Wheels is good. I give it 8/10
First season i really enjoyed but the new season was um.. Interesting i guess you could say lol.

What about X-Files? I watched it off when it originally aired but never the full thing, i just remembered i never watched the entire series and never got around to re-watching out of fear it doesn't hold up.

Didn't The West Wing get added yesterday on Netflix?

Also, The Fringe should start by next weekend (as soon as the current season ends).

What about X-Files? I watched it off when it originally aired but never the full thing, i just remembered i never watched the entire series and never got around to re-watching out of fear it doesn't hold up.

I feel the same way about LOST. X-files is mediocre when you watch the occasional show. There are details that build on top of each show that will get you hooked if you have the imagination to run with it.

DagsJT

I really wish Netflix had a system where you could bookmark movies/shows. I keep meaning to watch stuff but forget about it the next day.

I don't like the Netflix version of Apple Genius. I think its labaled "because you watched *blank*" and then you have to choose from a mound of shite movies to finally find one that is actually somewhat related to the genre you picked in the first place.

Oh, because you've watched Die Hard II, we would now like to recommend the Ya Ya Sisterhood. GTFO!

krzy123

I don't like the Netflix version of Apple Genius. I think its labaled "because you watched *blank*" and then you have to choose from a mound of shite movies to finally find one that is actually somewhat related to the genre you picked in the first place.

Oh, because you've watched Die Hard II, we would now like to recommend the Ya Ya Sisterhood. GTFO!

Star Trek Insurrection is listed for me under "Because you watched Beverly Hills Cop", the others listed mostly make sense.

Kaladin

Where do you find out what Netflix is adding before it is actually added? I use Hacking Netflix for current releases, but if I had a source for coming soon to digital, that would be nice....especially for TV seasons.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Where do you find out what Netflix is adding before it is actually added? I use Hacking Netflix for current releases, but if I had a source for coming soon to digital, that would be nice....especially for TV seasons.

I use a combination of feedflicks.com, and instantwatcher.com.

Also, the op will have a nice list of upcoming releases.

DarkFlow

Banned
Been watching The west wing and the good guys. Lol I had no idea bradley whitford was in both. Now all I see when I watch good guys is josh with a sweet stash, and stark without one when I watch west wing.

Star Trek Insurrection is listed for me under "Because you watched Beverly Hills Cop", the others listed mostly make sense.

I think the only reason for that is that they are both released by Paramount. I've seen sometimes where the only commonality is the studio that released the film.

DagsJT

Uh, I assume you don't have an US account or something? Because the instant queue seems to be pretty much that.

Using Unblock-Us but we mainly watch Netflix using the app on our WDTV Live Streaming player.

Just watched Lilyhammer and Bob's Burgers due to the recommendations on the first page, enjoyed both and will continue watching.

cluto

How is Lost Girl?

I watched the first episode. If you like cheese, shitty CG, and poor acting, it's perfect. Perhaps if you love Buffy the Vampire Slayer or similar shows, you'll also enjoy Lost Girl, but I doubt it.

Actually no, I don't seem to have an instant queue showing even when using Unblock-Us and accessing Netflix.com on the PC either.

If you created the account on a different region it might depend on that. Since I know UK users do not have an Instant Queue even when accessing the US one.

EDIT: I also use Unblock-US and I have an Instant Queue, so it isn't that.

2096457.jpg

Must watch if you've never seen it.

1061387.jpg

Also awesome.

Nizz

Didn't The West Wing get added yesterday on Netflix?

Also, The Fringe should start by next weekend (as soon as the current season ends).
This is that show that's similar in a way to X-Files, right? I catch episodes every now and then on the Science Channel. Seems like something I would like, but since I watch the episodes out of order I get lost sometimes with the overall main arch.

Kaladin

This is that show that's similar in a way to X-Files, right? I catch episodes every now and then on the Science Channel. Seems like something I would like, but since I watch the episodes out of order I get lost sometimes with the overall main arch.

Kinda similar to the X-Files, but you have to replace UFOs with alternate universes.

cluto

Welcome to Korea Korner, here are your assignments:

Most of those are dark thrillers with some touchy subjects, so keep that in mind. At the very least, you should watch the first three in that list. Other Korean films people might recommend are Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, and I'm a Cyborg but That's Ok. I personally did not care for any of those.

kingocfs

Most of those are dark thrillers with some touchy subjects, so keep that in mind. At the very least, you should watch the first three in that list. Other Korean films people might recommend are Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, and I'm a Cyborg but That's Ok. I personally did not care for any of those.

I'm with you on The Chaser, amazing movie. I just re-subbed and checked out their Korean stuff, and WTF at Attack the Gas Station 2. Had no idea that even existed, the first one is excellent.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished up watching Jericho. Another great show that was canceled before its time. The premise of the show is, 23 American cities are wiped out through use of nuclear bombs. You watch as a small city tries to make sense of it all.

The first season was fantastic. Lots of mysteries that keeps you hooked for the next episode. The acting can be spotty, but overall, I think the cast is good.

Season 2 is rushed, and I think would have been just as good, if given the proper 13/21 season episodes.

If you are into the what-if scenarios, I think you should check the series out.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just finished up watching Jericho. Another great show that was canceled before its time. The premise of the show is, 23 American cities are wiped out through use of nuclear bombs. You watch as a small city tries to make sense of it all.

The first season was fantastic. Lots of mysteries that keeps you hooked for the next episode. The acting can be spotty, but overall, I think the cast is good.

Season 2 is rushed, and I think would have been just as good, if given the proper 13/21 season episodes.

If you are into the what-if scenarios, I think you should check the series out.

http://nutflix.webs.com/

Indeed. My parents kept trying to get me to watch it and I was like, 'yeah right a British PBS show about aristocrats in the early 20th century' but then I tried it and was totally hooked. Love me some Lady Mary Crawley. :b
Mary is gorgeous but a bitch. Sybil is the best of the sisters.
And of course the Dowager Countess is boss. Maggie Smith is so awesome.

coldvein

Banned
devil inside was .... okay. ending was lame.

i haven't watched many possession-y movies, but why is it that the possessed girls are always like ILL SUCK YOUR DICK PRIEST!!! or some sexual shit. it's not creepy or scary or anything. i'm always like "uhhhhh, okay....."

Kaladin

devil inside was .... okay. ending was lame.

i haven't watched many possession-y movies, but why is it that the possessed girls are always like ILL SUCK YOUR DICK PRIEST!!! or some sexual shit. it's not creepy or scary or anything. i'm always like "uhhhhh, okay....."

I think it's supposed to be the demon trying to shock the Priest or something.

Kaladin

What is a good anime series that is streaming that I probably haven't seen? Most anime I have seen is the extremely popular stuff....FMA, Bleach, Naruto, Blood+ ect.

Top Bottom