• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Esque7

Lol, I'm in the minority I think. Thought all of the characters were amazing in that season, and felt more attached to them than any of the other characters. The writing, screenplay, acting, etc was just all there for me. Looking back on other seasons, some of the characters were really lacking to me and felt unnecessary. Didn't have this issue with 6.

Also, Mini is my favorite :D

For those that watched and loved Stake Land (and there are many of you) - what was the appeal of the movie? I watched it and would give it like, a 2/5 - I was not impressed by anything. A quick look at other critics and user reviews were all glowing, and I had to wonder what alternative version of Stake Land did I see? It was okay, but wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination. Is it just me?

To me the vampires were actually creepy, that added alot. The movie has a great atmosphere. The world is composed of people all trying to hold onto something.

Just watched all of Portlanida. Some of the skits are misses, but it's a really fun and addicting show.

I think the only one I don't like is where Carrie is the tough boyfriend and Fred is the clingy girlfriend. Other than that I enjoy just about every skit they do. That show really makes me want to go to Portland.

Stakeland was deserving of a 2/5. The screenplay needed a couple more drafts (and a better writer) before it hit production.

Also, I'm in the UK and have only just started checking out the US netflix. I heard there was a much larger selection but my god... most of the movies are garbage.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What's a great cyberpunk or steampunk movie in instant?

Steampunk:

Tin Man (mini-series)
Master of the World
Metropolis Restored
Last Exile (series)
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Cyberpunk:

Equilibrium
Robocop(?)

Not all of these are good, but not too many options available.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Adrift in Tokyo (Japanese, Comedy)
Black Night (Foreign, Horror)
End Call (Japanese, Horror)
La Visa Loca (Foreign, Comedy)
Sad Movie (Korean, Drama)
Time Traveller (Japanese, Romantic)
A Yaksa (Korean, TV Drama)

Steampunk:

Tin Man (mini-series)
Master of the World
Metropolis Restored
Last Exile (series)

Cyberpunk:

Equilibrium
Robocop(?)

Awesome. I've seen both Equilibrium and Robocop, so I'll give Steampunk list a go.

This movie is good "bedevilled" Not sure if it's for everyone...action isn't till much later.

51XnM3k5gsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've seen every season, with season 6 being my favorite of all of them. Season 2 is probably a close second for me. I wish they didn't screw up the end of season 4 because the rest of the episodes I loved.

But I can't wait for season 7 to start, sad to see the show end though.
Hate to break it to you but there is no season 7. They are doing 3 'mini-movie' episodes on three different characters (Cassie, Cook and Effie) that are completely unrelated to other season characters.

Also the last group of kids sucked, terribly written and acted and yes you are in the minority as almost no one else liked them.

stevebuscemifan

Neo Member
I have been watching The IT Crowd on Netflix recently. The great cast makes this show happen--Chris O'Dowd, Richard Ayoade, and Matt Berry are all fantastic, as is Katherine Parkinson. All of the gags and the writing are solid too. Recommended if you're in the mood for a witty laugh-track sitcom.

jakncoke

Banned
Steampunk:

Tin Man (mini-series)
Master of the World
Metropolis Restored
Last Exile (series)

Cyberpunk:

Equilibrium
Robocop(?)

Speaking of robocop, all of them are expiring on Feb 1st

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just watched Wasabi (good movie btw) and I was wondering if anyone else noticed the weird frame rate (or whatever it is) issues it has? Like, for most of the film, everything looks slightly slowed down and/or blurry but then towards the end everything looks sort of sped up. Is this a problem with the Netflix version or is it a stylistic choice by the director?

RBH

Added today:

Budz House (Comedy)
Cheesecake Casserole (Indie, Dramedy)
Dil Chahta Hai (Bollywood, Romance)
Don (Bollywood, Action, Thriller)
Graham Chapman: Anatomy of a Liar (Documentary)
Lakshya (Bollywood, War Drama)
Jim Jefferies: Fully Functional (Stand-up)
Toddlers & Tiaras (Season 4, TV Reality)

Nice.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Community has an exclusive deal with Hulu; not sure how long it's for, but don't expect to see it on Netflix US any time soon.

Weird...doesn't Community get really weak ratings and has been on the brink of cancellation several times? You'd think they'd want it on the streaming services where it would get the most exposure.

I watched VHS last night and actually liked it for the most part

It gave me a banging headache though

Not sure if its still on but I recomend watching the documentary about people living in subways in NYC think it was called Dark Days

jakncoke

Banned
I watched VHS last night and actually liked it for the most part

It gave me a banging headache though

Not sure if its still on but I recomend watching the documentary about people living in subways in NYC think it was called Dark Days

Yeah thats a great documentary and yep its on there till November 1st 2013

iammeiam

Was looking at the shows Netflix recommends for me, and Todd and the Book of Pure Evil apparently got added at some point, not sure when. Surprisingly funny Canadian series with horror elements. It's kind of like a dirtier version of the early Buffy comedy episodes--high school group, lurking book of evil releasing monsters onto the school. Only the main character's a stoner without superpowers, and the monsters tend to be things like a creature composed of fat that causes obesity by touch, a giant baby, or an army of incestuous lesbian clones.

Worth a look if you've been through all the standard sitcom recommendations on Netflix. At least the first season--haven't had a chance to see the second yet.

torontoml

Quick question, would changing the DNS on my ps3 make my account somehow result in 2 streams running at the same time? I used to be able to have 2 concurrent streams but since I changed it a second stream doesn't work.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Quick question, would changing the DNS on my ps3 make my account somehow result in 2 streams running at the same time? I used to be able to have 2 concurrent streams but since I changed it a second stream doesn't work.

DNS Is weird, so the short answer is possibly. Try google's public dns see if that helps.

I watched Terminator 2 last night, it's already showing it's age. I don't think it holds up anymore, certainly not like Robocop.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Call up support and see if they can tell you what devices are streaming on your account and from what IPs.

zou

Hilarious take on the financial system: End of the road, a comedy starring Schiff and the goldmoney guy.

Honestly, there's better Youtube videos out there. Couldn't watch moe than 15m of it, so much ignorance ad smugness..

Top Bottom