• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you eat food from gas stations?

Regular gas stations? Nah fam.

Wawa food though? I could live in a Wawa.

wawa-rendering2.jpg

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

temp_splash_soupssides_lg_2.png

gaiages

Banned
Not at a shady as fuck place in the OP. Who in their right mind would even want to get gas at a place like that (unless there's no other choice)? I feel like I'd get stabbed there.

I've eaten at, like, national chains before... some gas stations are practically mini food marts/grocery stores. I saw a Wawa once in South Florida and it was magical, I want them to take over my city :p

VariantX

Depends on how clean the store looks. If the store doesn't look clean and theres no one cooking anything fresh there, I wont eat there.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
When I was a little kid my dad told me that he was hanging out at his friend's convenience store and the soda machine wasn't working, so he popped the front off and the whole machine was full of mold.

You should see how a grocery store looks after they close and you see what's under all the produce, meat and shelves.

woolley

Wawa's Buffalo chicken mac'n cheese bowls are the shit.

Sheetz is actually shit tho. Don't know how anyone can eat that crap on a regular basis.

Ric Flair

Banned
There's a gas station right by my work with an amazing deli inside. Their subs beat any of the cousins or Subway joints in town

Yes, all the time.

One time I was driving through Texas (or maybe it was New Mexico) and stopped at a gas station. Apparently they have a huge community of people from India in this tiny town and they use the gas station as a gathering place. I bought the best and most authentic Indian food I've ever had in my life from this gas station. My friend was scared to try it, but I didn't get any sicker than I usually get with Indian food.

Sure, if it's Casey's for the amazing pizza. Otherwise I try to avoid it.

Nifty tip: if truckers frequent a place repeatedly, it's damn good food. They know their roadside eats better than anyone else in the US.

SpecX

I use to go to AM PM for lunch on the regular with a co-worker. I avoid the shady looking items and would never eat food from a mom/pop gas station.

As an ultra-endurance cyclist in the UK, these places are literal lifesavers. Admittedly, I've never seen any of our main petrol station look anywhere near as ropey as many of the pictures in here.

But yeah, pre-packaged sandwiches, sausage rolls, pasties, coke, M&Ms, ice creams, chocolate bars. All mana from heaven.

Don't think I'd be going for any fried chicken options though...

Not after I heard that one story.

But shit, someone's DEAD now? There weren't any deaths reported when I first heard it on the radio.

i remember when wawa used to sell deli meat and cheese by the slice. they used to have different types of bread to make your sandwiches with, not just hoagie rolls. i miss their parmasean ciabatta bread. their roast beef nowadays is pretty trash tier compared to what it used to be

zeemumu

There's a Popeyes attached to the gas station if that counts, and it's the only Popeyes for miles. It even has a drive thru

Non-chain gas stations? No chance other than commercial prepackaged stuff like bags of Doritos or Pringles, candy bars, and soda or Snapple or something like that.

Chains tend to be pretty safe though.
I routinely get food from Kwik Trip, and I always buy my milk gallon jugs from them.
Not going to say its great food, but the bacon cheeseburgers aren't bad and the cheese filled breadsticks are better than they have any right to be. The pizza isn't bad either.

Wow, I grew up close to Walnut Grove (the city where the gas station is at). It's a tiny rural town. If you live there, that gas station is 1 of 2 places where you can get food, and hey sometimes you get a craving for nachos, especially when there's shit else to do.

I can't get over the fact that somebody died from eating nachos.

I live in the Sheetz epicenter, so yes. In State College and Altoona areas, there are literally Sheetz stores right down the street from one another.

Top Bottom