• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little things, theories you want to see resolve on the Game of Thrones tv show

There's only one dire wolf whose status we don't know, and thats Nymeria. Ghost is with Jon and the rest are dead.

In the books you know where Nymeria is.
Huge and leading an enormous wolfpack in the heart of Westeros, grown fat and healthy from eating the war dead and anyone else who gets in their way.

There's still a lot unresolved about them though. What's their significance, where did they come from, etc. There's at least one grown Direwolf (the puppy daddy) that has vanished into the ether never to be spoken of. I want my magic wolves explained.

Plus that Nymeria thread has to lead to something. I've been waiting years. YEARS.

are the characters the same age as their actors? i've lost track.

but this reminds me of something. everybody calls carcetti a pedophile because of his love for sansa, but what about margery and tommen? she's a grown adult and doesn't see anything wrong with sleeping with a teenage kid so is that supposed to be acceptable?

Older I think. Many years have passed since the start of the series.

Carcetti?

And yeah that was strange.

SpaceWolf

Banned
jon needs to fuck dany

nah-man.gif

I know it's only...8 eps(?) this season, but I want the "Where are the White Walkers?" resolved before the final scene. Not so much they steamroll Westeros, but we've basically had 6 seasons of cockteasing and the Walkers just twiddling their skeletal thumbs...I want action. Or some major developments on their part, not just "We're gonna look vaguely cool and kill your favorite character".

Otherwise...I guess the Ser Robert Strong stuff. It feels like he's one of those things they brought in because people liked it from the books, rather than they had anything interesting to do with him. So far.

Magus1234

There's still a lot unresolved about them though. What's their significance, where did they come from, etc. There's at least one grown Direwolf (the puppy daddy) that has vanished into the ether never to be spoken of. I want my magic wolves explained.

Plus that Nymeria thread has to lead to something. I've been waiting years. YEARS.

I thought they were just supposed to be symbolic of their life/loyalty to the North.

they might be related

yeah but at least they are not brother and sister like jaime and cersei, or father/son like craster and gilly.

ned's parents were cousins and sansa isn't opposed at the opportunity to marry hers.

so this show makes it acceptable as long as it's not immediate family.

as a side note, i do know a couple of people irl who married their cousins. i don't particularly condone that type of relationship for myself, but these couples have healthy children, and they're doing fine, so...who am I/we to judge?

edit:
Were you not paying attention during the last couple of episodes? The one with the Ned flashbacks?

Jon is Dany's nephew

of course I was. read the above.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
yeah but at least they are not brother and sister like jaime and cersei, or father/son like craster and gilly.

ned's parents were cousins and sansa isn't opposed at the opportunity to marry hers.

so this show makes it acceptable as long as it's not immediate family.

as a side note, i do know a couple of people irl who married their cousins. i don't particularly condone that type of relationship for myself, but these couples have healthy children, and they're doing fine, so...who am I/we to judge?

They
aren't cousins, Dany would be Jon's aunt.

9ffe80d6ee7fd43bf5f204204e83ca3934293496d575d806ed3f0ba9e2f44430.gif

...the fuck?
It's true. In a lot of South Asian cultures, it's still a thing. Hell in my extended family, it's still a thing.

Still happens frequently in rural areas where there isn't much exposure or much in the way of education, but fortunately those that have now moved to big cities have "wisened up".

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's true. In a lot of South Asian cultures, it's still a thing. Hell in my extended family, it's still a thing.

Still happens frequently in rural areas where there isn't much exposure or much in the way of education, but fortunately those that have now moved to big cities have "wisened up".

I think there's a difference between being accepting of people marrying their cousins within certain countries because of cultural differences, and actively rooting for a nephew and aunt to do the nasty, because hey, who are we to judge?

9ffe80d6ee7fd43bf5f204204e83ca3934293496d575d806ed3f0ba9e2f44430.gif

...the fuck?
tumblr_npz13vpsVg1shohhho1_400.gif

....I'm also wondering what is it about that part of my post that grosses you out. Is it the fact that I said I don't condone these relationships? That I said I know actual cousin-couples? That I said they have children? That I said we should not be judgmental? What the fuck is it wolf?
I think there's a difference between being accepting of people marrying their cousins within certain countries because of cultural differences, and actively rooting for a nephew and aunt to do the nasty, because hey, who are we to judge?
as I was explaining, the people that marry their cousins have healthy kids, meaning they "did the nasty" too. so there's no difference here.

cutting your sarcasm out of the discussion, yes, who are you/we to judge? this relationship isn't brother/sister or mother/son and their ages in the story aren't that far apart either so what's the problem?

FStubbs

What's the point of the guy who can resurrect himself? He shows up in season 2 or 3, then disappeared only to show up again last season. And I do not recall him having any relevancy to the main plot, aside from housing people relevant to the main plot for a few episodes here and there.

To show that red priests have the power to do so so that it's not a total @sspull when
Melisandre does it for Jon Snow.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Alot of cultures (such as middle east countries) still prefer it. Welcome to the real world.

As previously stated above, I was reacting to our good friend Artisan actively rooting for an aunt and nephew shacking up on the show, not to the well-known factoid that in some real-world cultures, cousin marrying is acceptable.

As previously stated above, I was reacting to our good friend Artisan actively rooting for an aunt and nephew shacking up on the show, not to the well-known factoid that in some real-world cultures, cousin marrying is acceptable.
I am not your friend my friend. /joke

You also ignored my response above. In my post that you quoted me in, what exactly threw you off? Is it because I said I don't condone these relationships? Because I said I know actual cousin-couples? Because I said they have children? Becuase I said we should not be judgmental? What the fuck is it, spacewolf????

As for me wanting Jon and Dany to fuck, first of all - since cousin type marriages happen in real life and result healthy children as we have established, why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Second of all, it's not like this is some tabloid journalist story where I think a real life aunt and uncle celebrities should hook up. This is all fiction, it's all fake, with everything that's happened on the show that I've followed, I think they should get together, I think it's right. It's not like the reason why I want them to fuck is because they are related. They just happen to be, but I don't care, and all things considered I don't think it should matter.

Third of all, I'm not the only one who wants to see this happen.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238157448&postcount=504
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238213392&postcount=518
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238219062&postcount=523

The idea of them getting together is more popular than you may think.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I am not your friend my friend. /joke

You also ignored my response above. In my post that you quoted me in, what exactly threw you off? Is it because I said I don't condone these relationships? Because I said I know actual cousin-couples? Because I said they have children? Becuase I said we should not be judgmental? What the fuck is it, spacewolf????

Literally clarified what exactly I found contentious (and was thus reacting to in an uncomfortable way) in my last two posts, buddy.

As for me wanting Jon and Dany to fuck, first of all - since cousin type marriages happen in real life and result healthy children as we have established, why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Second of all, it's not like this is some tabloid journalist story where I think a real life aunt and uncle should hook up. This is all fiction, it's all fake, with everything that's happened on the show that I've followed, I think they should get together, I think it's right. It's not like the reason why I want them to fuck is because they are related. They just happen to be, but I don't care, and all things considered, I don't think it should matter.

Third of all, I'm not the only one who wants to see this happen.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238157448&postcount=504
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238213392&postcount=518
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238219062&postcount=523

giphy.gif

Literally clarified what exactly I found contentious (and was thus reacting to in an uncomfortable way) in my last two posts, buddy.
You're not being completely fair man, as I asked you twice in that particular part of my post you quoted what was wrong and now you're evading it saying you clarified what you found contentious...without including it in the post.

You also didn't do a good job of explaining what is wrong. In fact, when I took the time to explain myself further, you respond with a Simspons gif. That's your way to hold a discussion?

tumblr_npz13vpsVg1shohhho1_400.gif

Well yeah that shit is nasty.
it may be nasty to us but would you have it in you to tell your extended family that?

SpaceWolf

Banned
You're not being completely fair man, as I asked you twice in that particular part of my post you quoted what was wrong and now you're evading it saying you clarified what you found contentious...without including it in the post.

Mate, in previous posts, I literally flat-out explain what precisely I found contentious about your posts in relation to this discussion. Why would I need to include that post in my post when you can just glance above and see said posts with your own eyes? That's not being evasive, that's asking you to read what I've written as opposed to just asking me to repeat myself. You dig?

But as long as we're here, to explain again in more detail, all my responses really boil down to is my being personally uncomfortable with someone actively rooting for a nephew to bone his aunt. Like, I get it's fictional...and I understand you've laid out a historical counter-argument about...you know...people marrying their cousins in different cultures....but at the end of the day, call me old fashioned, I just find the concept of an aunt and her nephew having sex a bit gross? You know? It's a bit like someone telling me they'd think it would be really hot for Tony Soprano to bang his sister in The Sopranos, and then laying out a similiar counter-argument about how sister banging is appropriate in some cultures. Not to be dismissive of cultures where cousin marrying is acceptable....I just find incest in general to be uncomfortable and not something I find...erotic or exciting at all, even in a fictional context. I mean, if that's your bag, and other people are into it....that's your whole thing I guess, I just think the Jon/Dany pairing is a supremely creepy thing to root for.

Anyway, hopefully you're understanding where I'm coming from a bit better, even though I can't believe I've needed to lay out what I feel is pretty understandable (not to mention universal) viewpoint. Regardless, I genuinely didn't mean to sound overly dismissive and patronising towards you in the conversation. Hope we're good, you aunt-loving son of a gun.

it may be nasty to us but would you have it in you to tell your extended family that?

Aunt: SpaceWolf, I'm sleeping with your brother.
Me: (Traumatised sobbing)

HAWDOKEN

What's the point of the guy who can resurrect himself? He shows up in season 2 or 3, then disappeared only to show up again last season. And I do not recall him having any relevancy to the main plot, aside from housing people relevant to the main plot for a few episodes here and there.
It shows that resurrection is possible in the story.

Mate, in previous posts, I literally flat-out explain what precisely I found contentious about your posts in relation to this discussion. Why would I need to include that post in my post when you can just glance above and see said posts with your own eyes? That's not being evasive, that's asking you to read what I've written as opposed to just asking me to repeat myself. You dig?
I get that, my only question is, why didn't you put that part in the quote? If you didn't take issue with the part you actually quoted? The reason why I ask is because your reaction doesn't make sense in the part you actually put.

But as long as we're here, all my responses really boil down to is my being personally uncomfortable with someone actively rooting for a nephew to bone his aunt. Like, I get it's fictional...and I understand you've laid out a historical counter-argument about...you know...people marrying their cousins in different cultures....but at the end of the day, call me old fashioned, I just find the concept of an aunt and her nephew having sex a bit gross? You know? It's a bit like someone telling me they'd think it would be really hot for Tony Soprano to bang his sister in The Sopranos, and then laying out a similiar counter-argument about how sister banging is appropriate in some cultures. Not to be dismissive of cultures where cousin marrying is acceptable....I just find incest in general to be uncomfortable and not something I find...erotic or exciting at all, even in a fictional context.

Anyway, hopefully you're understanding where I'm coming from a bit better, even though I can't quite believe I had to write this in full. Regardless, sorry to sound overly dismissive and patronising towards you. Hope we're good, you aunt-loving son of a gun.
Yeah, I don't blame you for finding it wrong. I've laid out why I think otherwise; So you're saying you personally don't want to see it happen because they're related, and that's reasonable. It's not rocket science, but I'm still glad you explained yourself. We're good
ith your brother.
Me: (Traumatised sobbing)
i don't have any brothers but that would traumatize me too :\

SpaceWolf

Banned
I get that, my only question is, why didn't you put that part in the quote? If you didn't take issue with the part you actually quoted? The reason why I ask is because your reaction doesn't make sense in the part you actually put.

What part? Genuinely confused. If you're referring to my initial GIF response, I was reacting to your posts, culminating in your "Who are we to judge?" statement regarding an aunt banging her nephew.

What part? Genuinely confused. If you're referring to my initial GIF response, I was reacting to your posts, culminating in your "Who are we to judge?" statement regarding an aunt banging her nephew.
eh, we can just forget about it. i didn't have to egg it on for so long

i've had this discussion about incest with people before and as you can imagine it gets awkward. sometimes i think about the kids produced, how exactly would they react if someone told them "hey, you know your parents are cousins, right?"

can't imagine how they would feel. maybe, they wouldn't feel anything at all.

Speevy

Banned
The first small council meeting since the season finale of season 6.

zL1Te7w.gif

Everyone is just staring at him, mouth agape.

I want to know what happened to Howland Reed after the Tower of Joy.
I think he'll show up eventually to let Jon know his heritage.
if we write a rundown of everyone that knows,

-howland reed
-bran stark
-meera reed (maybe bran told her? he did see her father in the vision anyway)
-wyla, the nurse who delivered Jon. although she could easily be a fuckin nobody
-since Sam is at the Citadel, maybe through some research he finds out the truth
-Benjen Stark but I think he will die
-Carcetti...I don't know if it was this thread or the trailer thread where I said it is implied he knows because of his reaction to Sansa's hatred of Rhaegar, but someone responded to me saying maybe he just doesn't buy late king Rob's side of the story, which can also definitely be true.

but Jon didn't put his hand on Carcetti's throat for no reason

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Littlefingers plans. He has dictated the direction of the entire show, manipulated everyone, murdered a king, instigated the murder of another, set up a hand of the king to be killed and taken over the aerie. But he seemed kind of sidelined last season.

Littlefingers plans. He has dictated the direction of the entire show, manipulated everyone, murdered a king, instigated the murder of another, set up a hand of the king to be killed and taken over the aerie. But he seemed kind of sidelined last season.
what?? he was there in the throne room when Jon was proclaimed king of the north. how was he sidelined?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
what?? he was there in the throne room when Jon was proclaimed king of the north. how was he sidelined?
I mean he kind of showed up at the end with the knights of the vale, while in previous seasons he was truly in the thick of it, pulling the strings. He obviously has his eyes on the iron throne but he seems further from that than ever. He murdered joffrey for a reason, but was it just to get Sansa under his wing? I'm just not seeing his endgame at the moment, and can see him being unceremoniously killed off.

That is kinda a major plot point though, as for minor plot points, I wonder if maester aemon being a Targaryen has any pay off beyond what was already seen.

I mean he kind of showed up at the end with the knights of the vale, while in previous seasons he was truly in the thick of it, pulling the strings. He obviously has his eyes on the iron throne but he seems further from that than ever. He murdered joffrey for a reason, but was it just to get Sansa under his wing? I'm just not seeing his endgame at the moment, and can see him being unceremoniously killed off.

That is kinda a major plot point though, as for minor plot points, I wonder if maester aemon being a Targaryen has any pay off beyond what was already seen.
if/when jon meets dany, he should definitely bring up the fact that he knew aemon. it'd also be a good tribute to the late actor.

Top Bottom