• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X 2 HD Remaster for PS4?

Dunkley

Queen Lulu in 1080p glory?? Yes please. Love d it, FFX is the only FF I never completed. I always wanted to but could never convince myself to go back to the PS2 for the 50 hours to do so.

Day 1 if true.

The PS3 version is already 1080p.

Pandacon

I do expect SE to eventually bring all the FF games to the PS4, since all but 2 of the main FF games are available/playable on PS3.

Seanspeed

Banned
Unless they re-work 99% of the textures it will look as bad as it looked on the PS3.
The Vita version is still the definitive one.
What? PS3 version looks much better than Vita version.

Also, this is a remaster(not remake) of a PS2 game. There's only so much you can do.

jrush64

Banned
Man I've bought this game like 6 times already. I probably would still buy this if it was true. Such is the greatness of Final Fantasy X.

Will it be another straight up port?

Already had it on PS3, not sure how much more "HD" you can get lol. I guess 1080p over 720 but damn, what's the point.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Give me the original music and character designs, and I'm in.

Otherwise, it's still all about X International on the PS2.

I don't mind (or care) for all these remasters (not just Square, everyone), and I'd probably buy it since I didn't buy it the first time.

But man, this thread shows clearly how that won't stop for a long long time.

People are double/triple-dipping on the PS4, and begging for a remaster of KH and FFXII...

This is the kind of thing that makes me think that Square was actually serious with the FFVII announcement (and maybe even the reason Sony allowed them to do it).

Prelude.

...they DID re-work the textures for the PS3 which is why it looks different from the original game. They're not going to do it again though.
Not everything. A lot of stuff is straight from the PS2.
Basically, only the main characters got a proper update.

What? PS3 version looks much better than Vita version.

Also, this is a remaster(not remake) of a PS2 game. There's only so much you can do.
I don't agree. A lot of low res stuff looks way better on the lower res/screen estate of the Vita.

brau

HAH!

Guess this is the only idea they had to cover up the whole FFVII fiasco.

BTW.. did anyone confirm that the people hyping the big announcement was FFVII port?

Wouldn't everyone who wanted this have bought this earlier this year? FF fans who wanted this would have kept their PS3. I don't get it.

AmyS

SE could do this CG cutscene in realtime on PS4 now, even though they won't:

dI9IV0O.jpg

xbWNzpo.jpg

Mortemis

Banned
Where the fuck is FFXII?

I'll probably grab this, was thinking on grabbing it for ps3 soon but I can wait. Bring over KH too SE.

Son Of D

I wonder if they'll try and make some major incentive to get PS3/Vita owners to double dip on this version.

Why don't they say "We will release this on PS3 now, on PS4 next year" so people can actually choose the platform? This is a shitty policy they are adopting.

If they did that then people with both PS3 and PS4 would likely just wait to get the PS4 version instead of buying the PS3 version first then getting the PS4 version.

Bought it on PS3 and Vita, hell, triple dipping! It's really the only thing I need to finish on my PS3. Only got 4 hours in so assuming it's cross save I'll play the rest on PS4 :)

Cornbread78

When do we get a FFXII remaster? Why does Japan hate FFXII so much? :(

This. Just give us XII already, I already played through the XHD on my VITA and would love to play through XII on my vita.

Oh wait, how about VII HD on my PS4/VITA while we're at it, oh wait.... friggen' SE...

Aurizen

this is cool! but i will opt out, I have ps3 and vita version. I don't think they'll be a huge difference in quality.

I'll probably pass on this unless it goes on sale for like $10. Already have the PS3 version and having 60fps in a JRPG isn't that big of a deal (if they even have 60fps with this version). I'd probably buy a HD collection of Kingdom Hearts assuming they put all the games in one set and not break it up again. Those games in 60fps would be better.

Famassu

Will it be another straight up port?
Of course.

Already had it on PS3, not sure how much more "HD" you can get lol. I guess 1080p over 720 but damn, what's the point.
The same reason all games are brought to different platforms that publishers think might have some sales potential. Same reason Sony released TLOU on PS4 and R* remade/remastered GTAV. A lot of people haven't been buying games for the PS3 generation in the last 1-1,5+ years who might've jumped back into being more active game buyers with PS4 and will be grateful for PS4 versions of late PS3 games.

Why are you all being so whiny about this? It's not like this will be some huge ordeal that takes away from a possible FFXII HD Remaster or FFXV or anything more important, they already did most of the work with the remastering the PS3 version. This is most likely just a quick and dirty port that they will put in the least amount of effort they possible can (without it hopefully being a horrible port that barely outdoes the PS3 version).

Danlord

Did they patch that? I don't think I did that but I got what was very clearly 1080p with no AA

...they DID re-work the textures for the PS3 which is why it looks different from the original game. They're not going to do it again though.

Nope, I have 720p checked too and it still outputs in 1080p.

I'm going by this in the Face-Off update here;
[Update: There's also a native 1080p mode too, which operates without the benefits of any AA at all, engaged by setting the XMB to 1080p - there's a comparison gallery at the foot of the page. Additional: There's some discussion that the 720p mode super-samples down from 1080p, but it is definitely 720p with FXAA here - there are edges not filtered showing clear, native 720p rendering.]
Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-final-fantasy-hd-remaster-face-off

Son Of D

Random thought. What are the chances that this could open the gates to FFX/X-2 PC ports? I mean, porting from PS4 to PC is a lot easier than PS3 to PC isn't it?

Top Bottom