• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was complaining about RDM's "simplicity" earlier but it can get pretty hectic in the heat of battle
like against Susanoo
. I wonder if it's better to drop spell speed entirely to make the rotation a bit easier because damn they need a lot of button presses very fast.

Haly

I already know which plot I want to buy.

Give it to me Yoshida. Make my weeb life dreams come true.

rubius01

Finally started doing the EXDR dungeons and it looks like grade VI materia drops there. Combat materia market should be basically dead long-term, depending on drop frequency. I got three in one run so it seems pretty high?

Also the worst part about no ACT and the combat changes to buff bars is that it is impossible to tell how the rest of your party is performing. I have no idea who to Balance!

You Balance the PLD, of course

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Shirogane seems super cramped compared to other housing areas. Everything is a narrow path surrounded by houses all facing in seemingly random directions. It's only going to get more claustrophobic when filled by poorly decorated houses.

HooYaH

Have there been any tests yet on the new PS4 pro patch versions? Both the high FPS and the 4K versions? I have it on PC but have considered picking it up on pro as well cause I use a controller mostly and have a 4K TV finally.

I have both, on the PS4 Pro setting, clarity on the game is much sharper, but it seems to hover around high 20-30. Standard PS4 settings are pretty much the same as old IQ wise, but performance is around 40-60fps depending on the situation.

This is mainly just playing around in Ishgard.

iammeiam

"craft every goddamned primal drop from WT and put it all in the basement" is a TOTALLY FINE interior decor theme.

shut up.

You Balance the PLD, of course

Weirdest thing: At no point in trial queueing did I see a PLD. WAR and DRK only. I was really curious to see the damage taken delta between PLD and the inferior tank jobs, but did not see a single PLD.

Also consistently paired with another WHM healer.

It was interesting.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Quick question about the server transfer function in this game. I know Ultros is one of those realms where character creation is limited, but how does that work for server transfers? Have a friend who wants to try the game, but he hasn't been able to create a toon on Ultros the past two days (and with SB launch I doubt he'll have more luck for a while). He said he's willing to transfer though if the game grabs him, he just wants to be able to play for a bit to see. Would he be able to pay later on to xfer to Ultros, or are they blocked in some way? I assume that transferring works the same as making a new toon, in that he can transfer whenever he could also create a character, but just wanted to make sure.

Also, random question but are there any weird things that don't transfer correctly or get reset that he would want to avoid doing? I'm sure things like houses or some stuff with retainers don't move over but I'm sure as a new player he wouldn't be getting to any of that anytime soon.
Should be able to transfer to ultros. I think the only na Servers with transfer restrictions right now are Gilgamesh and balmung.

yami4ct

"craft every goddamned primal drop from WT and put it all in the basement" is a TOTALLY FINE interior decor theme.

shut up.

Weirdest thing: At no point in trial queueing did I see a PLD. WAR and DRK only. I was really curious to see the damage taken delta between PLD and the inferior tank jobs, but did not see a single PLD.

Also consistently paired with another WHM healer.

It was interesting.

The number of people willing to put work into a whole new class other than their main probably isn't as high as we might think and the paladin population started pretty low, at least on my DC.

Once I got inside, server was pretty stable.

Already almost 56, five levels in one day,I can see the end of the tunnel.

SAM is as fun as expected, can't wait to try it on real content.

Edzi

They did a fantastic job with the two new classes, they're both super fun. SAM is pretty much everything I wanted a melee DPS to be.

wamberz1

What you do to lvl up quick?
Just grinded whatever was the last dungeon to unlock. it seems at lower levels front lines might be more efficient, but beyond 65 the xp started piling on from dungeons. Only took me 3 lvl 69 dungeon runs to get from 69 to 70 (although that was with some story experience as well as getting lucky as hell with leveling roulette)

Aeana

My slowness is exposed. I had a day's head start on a bunch of people and people who just got started this morning are already passing me up. Was nice to not feel way behind while it lasted! But as long as I reach the end before everybody is already tired of everything, I'll be happy.

iammeiam

What you do to lvl up quick?

Dungeons are god-tier. Use your roulettes on even levels--Odd levels mean a new dungeon with Chain Bonus on EXP, so you want to get as much out of that as possible, and then roulette on evens when you won't get chain bonus. Hunts unlock every couple of levels, each mark is 100k EXP to finish off. Side quests for the most part are kind of a drag, but you're going to have to do aether currents eventually and unlocking flying in
Yanxia
made getting around a little easier, and each aether current question is 50% of MSQ exp.

It was really easy; the only time EXP was a struggle was when DF was crapping out.

Ken

My slowness is exposed. I had a day's head start on a bunch of people and people who just got started this morning are already passing me up. Was nice to not feel way behind while it lasted! But as long as I reach the end before everybody is already tired of everything, I'll be happy.

7uB9ll2.png

reported!

Tomat

I like the quiet back pedaling in some places now that it's apparent that WHM is totally fine.
I'm still reading the opposite actually. At least in terms of lilies/confessions.

yami4ct

I'm still reading the opposite actually. At least in terms of lilies/confessions.

From what it sounds, white mage got no better with its new mechanics, but it didn't necessarily get worse either. Scholar on the other hand did take a significant hit.

iammeiam

I like the quiet back pedaling in some places now that it's apparent that WHM is totally fine.

I've seen a couple of people think WHM has proven something at this point and... what? WHM was never suspected to be incapable in dungeons or PVP. It's just overkill in the HPS department, brings nothing else to the table, and is the same job it was in HW when played well. It hasn't grown.

We have no actual raid content yet, and the number of people who are like "WHM can do story content just fine! YOSHIDA WAS RIGHT!" is kind of baffling because that was never going to be the problem, so it not being the problem proves nothing.

It doesn't help that it's incredibly obvious when you're co-healing with a WHM trying to play to their new skill set, because they make everything harder by Cure II bombing fishing for procs instead of rolling med 2 and DPSing. And that's all they can do. They're not going to help shield. They're not going to help anybody resource regen. They're not going to mitigate any damage, and they're likely to use CDs at random because lilies!!! and they render the extremely strong noct shields sort of irrelevant because they're just going to chain cure II even if I've mitigated most of the damage.

Like, WHM will be able to raid. But the only feedback I've seen from the plenary system is that it's as bad as expected, and there's been zero so far that contradicts the problems people were talking about beforehand. WHMs can do everything they've always been able to do, but they're no better than they were at 60 and trying to play with their new systems makes them worse.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hit 60 on my redmage and did floor 100 of POTD to boot, so I have a shiny new red rapier to use (and later glamour)!

Onward to the 3.X MSQ's!

Thorgal

Your SAM looks super cool, where do you get that outfit, by the way?

Here's mine:

http://imgur.com/xr1vn4g

http://imgur.com/OW4v1n7

I got it to 60 and now over I can't wait to finish HWs patches and then dive into stormblood some time next week :)

it's a set of glamour gear you get for free in the MSQ of 3.55. so just keep following the story and you'll get it .

Also Samurai Ageha skill ( basically SAM version of Mercy stroke ) is so nasty .

You basically run the enemy trough with the sword and then yank it back out sending blood flying .

ffxiv_dx112017-06-190ilsek.png

ffxiv_19062017_004928mrs6h.png

Bowlie

Banned
Alisaie is the best <3

Ruby of Sea MSQ spoilers

While she was trying to cheer Lysa up, she mentioned she were around Limsa before the trip to the east to visit a child.
That's gotta be that kobold child she became friends with, right? <3

CLBridges

Power went out temporarily while in a SB dungeon. Go to log back into FFXIV, greeted with a 22gb redownload screen, wow. Guess I'm done for the weekend, that's a pretty weird glitch I guess. To tired to be frustrated, oh well.

Haly

So Doma is
China in geography and architecture but its inhabitants and culture are Japanese Higashin.

thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif

Dat Pan-Othard Co-prosperity Sphere

B.K.

Where do 310 weapons come from? Someone linked one in chat a while ago. Are they from the level 70 job quest or somewhere else?

iammeiam

Where do 310 weapons come from? Someone linked one in chat a while ago. Are they from the level 70 job quest or somewhere else?

Tome gear.

Job Quest = AF3 Weapon and left side (no belt) = i290

Level 70 Dungeons = i300

Verity (intro uncapped tomes) = i310

Primals = i320 weapon and accessories

Tomat

Tome gear.

Job Quest = AF3 Weapon and left side (no belt) = i290

Level 70 Dungeons = i300

Verity (intro uncapped tomes) = i310

Primals = i320 weapon and accessories

Damn, we'll be replacing our new AF gear that quickly?

iammeiam

Damn, we'll be replacing our new AF gear that quickly?

If RNGesus is with you, yeah. The AF3 is marked as Antiquated and undyeable, so I'm expecting an upgrade route to pop up at some point, but at the moment you hit 70, do your job quest, get the 290, go into the first level 70 dungeon, and i300 everything drops. HOWEVER the level 70 dungeons don't seem to do the direct inv drop, so it's 100% RNG what you get and if you get anything. Which somehow means 3 SAM weapons in 4 runs and 0 healing left side because lolwhatislife.

Verity gear is also 'cheap' as far as tome gear goes--like half the tome cost of capped stuff--so expect min iLevel 310 to be a thing really quick in PFs.

MechaX

Hahaha, oh man.

Summoner Lvl 65 Quest Spoilers:
First Ramuh-egi in 3.0, and now goddamn Sephirot-egi here? Someone on this den team loves giving Summoners the biggest, bluest of balls.

Haly

Hahaha, oh man.

Summoner Lvl 65 Quest Spoilers:
First Ramuh-egi in 3.0, and now goddamn Sephirot-egi here? Someone on this den team loves giving Summoners the biggest, bluest of balls.
I expect a job overhaul by 5.0

Power went out temporarily while in a SB dungeon. Go to log back into FFXIV, greeted with a 22gb redownload screen, wow. Guess I'm done for the weekend, that's a pretty weird glitch I guess. To tired to be frustrated, oh well.

The exact same thing happened to me Friday. Stay strong my friend.

ebil

The Peaks part 2 is a garbage zone in terms of layout. It's like they conciously designed it to waste your time.

iammeiam

Did Hullbreaker NM for a roulette for tomes. Apparently pissed off Sasquatch; you know the bridge with the Sifaka on it that he's supposed to run across and chest-pound to keep you out until you kill them?

Instead he decided to aggro on me and beat the everliving hell out of me. Not targetable, and no matter how far I ran wouldn't tether. Definitely made that pull more entertaining, at least.

Also, because I haven't seen it around yet and there's no spoilers, level 70 WT for the week:

Top row is 1-49, 50, 60, 61-69 dungeons. Which seems like an oversight, since where is 51-60?

Next row is ARR 24-man, HW 24-man, Alex Normal, PotD
ARR Primal X2, HW EX Primal X2
HW EX Primal, Coil, Coil, Frontlines

Interesting that they went with 3x EX Primal and 0 Alex Savage

Rewards are pretty bad tbh, Poetics, platinum pieces, a dragonskin map, some materia items, Eistinien, and i255 HQ Crafted gear

I assume they're going to massively rework rewards with the raids and capped tomes hit, because right now it's eh.

Haly

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "killing intent" in this game yet.

Luminaire

I'm liking the MSQ a lot so far, but I've hit a but of a lull recently. Azim Steppe takes way too long, and has too many poor or useless quests like finding sheep, collecting dung, delivering milk and talking to randoms. Hope it picks up a lot once I get out of here.

And damn do enemies start taking a lot out of you from the Lv65 dungeon. I was shocked and had to properly play full defensive mode and manage my cooldowns efficiently. That 2nd boss was awesome as well

I felt the same way, but it pays off in the end. The tail end of Azim Steppe is quite good.

Top Bottom