• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

jnWake

I went to buy some stuff and the tracker only showed Snubbull but while walking I saw Murkrow, Houndour and Slugma. I really wish there was a nearby radar alongisde the Pokéstop one.

JavyOO7

Fak, I thought the new berry that gives additional candy gave 6 candies but when I caught a Dratini an hour ago I got five candies... I guess to prevent it from being too overpowered. =p

1 more candy left and I can finally get my first Dragonite! /tears

And evolved a Magikarp and the Garados has Bite/Dragon Pulse. Yay for no Twister!

Fak, I thought the new berry that gives additional candy gave 6 candies but when I caught a Dratini an hour ago I got five candies... I guess to prevent it from being too overpowered. =p

1 more candy left and I can finally get my first Dragonite! /tears

And evolved a Magikarp and the Garados has Bite/Dragon Pulse. Yay for no Twister!

Wat. I thought it was supposed to give double candy

I've heard that it scales with its evolutionary stage, so if you catch a Typhlosion with that berry you'll get 20 Cyndaquil candy.

Dishwalla

Banned
Hatched a Mareep with 26 candies, which I promptly evolved into a Flaafy. Gonna take a while but I'm well on the road to an Ampharos.

Also caught like a dozen Totodile, he was always my favorite Gen 2 starter.

GulAtiCa

It does give double. Just a bug where only shows 2x - 1 for some reason. So 5 instead of 6. You still get 6. I used it on a Chikorita earlier and got 6 even though said 5

Inviusx

Not sure if this has already been posted but I thought it was funny that they actually included lipstick Wobbuffet for the female model.

GFe4wBi.png

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Seems like you are at least supposed to get one for a 7-day streak.

Maybe there is an automatic in there but you also can get them randomly but it seems very very low percentage

Got a Kings Rock. Probably hit 300-400 spins today. One item

Growlie19

Got a couple more new Pokémon since my last update: Hoppip (wild) and Pineco (10K egg). I also got a second Chikorita, and it was weak enough to where I could Pinap it and get double the candy.

Got a sun stone earlier today to evolve my Gloom to a Belassom :). Now to leave it up to the RNG Gods to get the other evolution items as well lol.

Dedede

Neo Member
I got a Dragon Scale from my 7 day bonus but haven't found evo items from normal spins yet. Found and caught Skarmory and Gligar randomly which was neat. Total 27/70

About 700 spins over two days, two Evo items so far. Not a good ratio at all.

Plus side, about 40 eggs over two days. So I got plenty of stardust to make up for my aching feet. Plus a few of the new 10k pokemon, and two Dratini which landed me my dragonite finally.

Joni

It does give double. Just a bug where only shows 2x - 1 for some reason. So 5 instead of 6. You still get 6. I used it on a Chikorita earlier and got 6 even though said 5
That is good then. I'll have to check out next time I use one. They are my Dratini Berry for the moment.

I'm walking Chansey atm but I don't even know what I'll do when I hit 50 candy.

I have two high level ones but they both have less than 50% IVs, then I have one 80%+ IV one but it's only 108 CP.

Feel like I may as well just stop walking it and just wait and hope I hatch a decent one.

JoeM86

Loads of reports now of people on a 7-day PokéStop streak getting an evolution item. Now that's incentive to play every day.

Both me and my wife got an evolution item on or 7 day spin today. She got metal coating and i got Sun stone. Belossom looks pretty useless but still.

Joni

Managed to get up to 41 Johto Pokémon, but more important, I walked enough for my Muk, snagged an 89 CP Hitmonchan and I'm up to 70 Dratini Candy. I thus need 55 Dratini candy, a good Dratini and an Hitmonlee to 'complete' this part. I started walking Chansey for Blissey, makes more sense than walking Dratini. I only need 8 more or so with Berry, even less if I snag a Dragonair. While I need 36 Chansey candy and she is completely absent.

8bit

Knows the Score
Got a metal coat item today, might be 7th day or purely coincidence. Anyway, got a Steelix now which means I can burn through all of the Onix candy I have in hand.

Awayze

Neo Member
Togetic is far to hard to catch, used half of my Poke balls and it ran, I couldn't even hit him properly for some reason, the aim seemed different to other Pokemon.

Joni

Togetic is far to hard to catch, used half of my Poke balls and it ran, I couldn't even hit him properly for some reason, the aim seemed different to other Pokemon.

Reddit has suggested he is almost impossible to catch because his catch rate is 0%.

Pachimari

I'm really loving these Gen II Pokemon, maybe not the bugs so much but many of them are very clean and smooth. I can never decide if Gen I or II have the best Pokemon. I can't believe I can even remember names from Gen II now haha. This game helps with memorization.

Firemind

I'm really loving these Gen II Pokemon, maybe not the bugs so much but many of them are very clean and smooth. I can never decide if Gen I or II have the best Pokemon. I can't believe I can even remember names from Gen II now haha. This game helps with memorization.
I think they're a bit shit to be honest.

Also I don't know why they shrunk Golbat. It's super small now which is funny when you compare it to something like Ledyba.

HiResDes

I think they're a bit shit to be honest.

Also I don't know why they shrunk Golbat. It's super small now which is funny when you compare it to something like Ledyba.
Yeah the designs of Gen II are horrendous for the most part, they all look like beanie babies.

GulAtiCa

So good hour and half walk. Gained 5 new Pokemon, 2 came from incense. Now have all 3 starter Pokemon. Really glad I have Pinap berries. Getting 6 candies is great.

Also got a Sun Stone on my 7th day bonus spin. And an Up Grade item about 20 spins later.

Also gained 2 new 10k eggs. Now have 5! Oddly, have yet to hatch a Gen 2 Pokemon. Lol

Top Bottom