• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Makeapp application removes makeup and has a giant backlash from some women

Zog

Banned
I think it's a sexist ideal that women should be wearing makeup. I tell all my female friends to be confident without makeup.

Wearing makeup is to their advantage. It is not socially acceptable for men to improve their appearance with makeup.

Zog

Banned
Is this what NeoGAF is turning into? Wow.

Is there something false about my comment? For Waterastro to suggest that it's sexist for women to wear makeup is to suggest that it's sexist for men to groom their facial hair in whatever style they think improves their appearance. They are both tools in the toolbox unique to gender and neither should be called sexist.

Dude Abides

Banned
Wearing makeup gives women 3-8 points, depending on the skillfulness of application.

To offset it, a man must wear a fedora that costs at least $150.

Zoe

Yeah, complaining about this just comes off as insecure.

Shoe0nHead did a pretty good video about it just now. It even has a statement of the developer who also in contact with some organisations to actually identify missing people who were victims human trafficking since they often disguise these people via make up.

That's a great application of this.

Top Bottom