• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Apoptomon

So, in Sirensong, the section with the big Warden thing and a bunch of prisoners - is it better to take on the whole room at once or split it into two?

So, in Sirensong, the section with the big Warden thing and a bunch of prisoners - is it better to take on the whole room at once or split it into two?

Yeah it's doable with a competent team. If a caster or ranged is in your team. They can use LB on the mobs to make things easier.

Omni

Ok I like this rotation more. Is Fuma Shuriken a crit because of that Kassatsu? Why Fuma and not a Kaiton crit?

Yeah, as mentioned before with ping the difference isn't that huge

The timing is incredibly tight with fitting as many hits of Ten Chi Jin within the trick attack window, so I use Kassatsu Fuma to begin with

RexRexRez

Neo Member
Just recently got into this game, now I'm lv 18 Paladin. How long does it take to get to lv 60 ? Some people say that just doing the MSQ is enough to get me to lv 60 ? Is this true ?

Just recently got into this game, now I'm lv 18 Paladin. How long does it take to get to lv 60 ? Some people say that just doing the MSQ is enough to get me to lv 60 ? Is this true ?

You'll likely hit a brief level gate around 48ish where you'll have to grind a bit to get to 50, but beyond that simply doing the msq should get you to 60 easily.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Number of people fate farming started to fall off late tonight, but I am only 17 medals away from being done.

Then I will kill all the Yokai...

Jeels

Red, I've been saving up Gazelle maps. I'll join up again most likely this time.

Oh hey, it's me! YAY

I take a lot of screenshots when I play (I have like 300+). Here's a couple I took from that time which was fun!

Tx4MmQ5h.jpg

OuzmjBlh.jpg

lH5AATSh.jpg

Nice screens! Was so much fun. Real sad I missed this week's since I was planning to cap through it. If anyone wants to do tomorrow lmk.

The hunt in which everyone was luckier than you :D

Shh

Omni

Fat Moogle Mount Giveaway!

Okay so I have two of these mounts to give away. Instead of just randomly doing it, I figured we could have a kind of screenshot contest. To enter, just quote this and post your screenshot in the thread. The theme is just well... anything related to Stormblood! Can be a cool moment or just your character posed a certain way. You get the idea. If you don't have Stormblood, whatever else will work too, haha.

I'll pick one winner that I like the most and the other mount will be randomly given to someone that enters.
If no one enters I'll just post both codes here buuut I'd rather not have lurkers take them

Deadline is in a week so there's time!

bla_1505728800.png

Codes are region specific, so you might want to specify which region. That's the account region, not server. Each promotion ran in specific regions and can only be redeemed on account of that particular region.

kagamin

Hit enrage on v3s, it's pretty frustrating when you avoid deaths in some runs but wipe to something like books in the last phase or just have a few deaths sprinkled throughout the fight that prevent you from reaching the DPS check.

Omni

Codes are region specific, so you might want to specify which region. That's the account region, not server. Each promotion ran in specific regions and can only be redeemed on account of that particular region.

It's not a promotion; they're from the MogStation directly. Should be okay regardless of region. :)

Baleoce

SAM suddenly becomes much more fun after Kenki Mastery II at 62. It's so disgusting for AoE packs xD It has no right being that good haha

komaruR

Okay so I have two of these mounts to give away. Instead of just randomly doing it, I figured we could have a kind of screenshot contest. To enter, just quote this and post your screenshot in the thread. The theme is just well... anything related to Stormblood! Can be a cool moment or just your character posed a certain way. You get the idea. If you don't have Stormblood, whatever else will work too, haha.

I'll pick one winner that I like the most and the other mount will be randomly given to someone that enters.
If no one enters I'll just post both codes here buuut I'd rather not have lurkers take them

bla_1505728800.png

i already have a pic.
;]

Buttons

bla_1505728800.png

Oh what a cool idea, thank you for it! Here is my entry:

Buttons about the save the world again. I loved the scenery here.

buttons_finalfight2lznt.png

I'm glad this Yo-Kai Watch event came back right when I was starting to level some new jobs. It doesn't exactly make the grinding more enjoyable but at least I kill two birds with one stone.

Arkeband

Banned

bla_1505728800.png

ffxiv_06242017_154648.png

Thorgal

bla_1505728800.png

do you accept screenshots made with using Reshade ?

Bowlie

Banned

bla_1505728800.png

I'm bad with lighting and angles, but here's mine!

bla_1505728800.png

v0I3TXx.png

bla_1505728800.png
I dunno how to embed without it looking either super huge or whatever, so here's a link: One of my favorite pics I've taken so far

Or maybe it works if I quote it?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have the ugly, glowing Yo Kai mount.

lKvL1eB.gif

bla_1505728800.png

Mine is a picture that fully encapsulates the last week in Stormblood....

p2Egzci.png

suzu

bla_1505728800.png

🙃

Kudo

bla_1505728800.png

EU or NA? Cheers to all anyways.

Ken

bla_1505728800.png

!

bla_1505728800.png

Hmmmmm, well it appears I have encountered yet another fucked static. It seems to be a trend now.... not progressing O4S with any static. I'm never clearing O4S at this rate. Anyway, so what happened is that people got into a clash with eachother and eventually people were calling everyone out including us healers therefore I just decided they need to calm down for a bit. I log on discord tonight to find messages from my healer that she's very sorry I had yet another bad static experience and that she's probably leaving the static. We talked a bit and I found out that the static disbanded and even abandoned her for some reason. I verified with my healer that it was a Midcore static and she did say it was but tonight people lost it followed by "it's been tense this week with the static". I dont know what to do but man I've been spending all my time playing Destiny 2 this week that I dont really care about O4S anymore. God, raiding this tier has just been so obnoxious.

Hmmmmm, well it appears I have encountered yet another fucked static. It seems to be a trend now.... not progressing O4S with any static. I'm never clearing O4S at this rate. Anyway, so what happened is that people got into a clash with eachother and eventually people were calling everyone out including us healers therefore I just decided they need to calm down for a bit. I log on discord tonight to find messages from my healer that she's very sorry I had yet another bad static experience and that she's probably leaving the static. We talked a bit and I found out that the static disbanded and even abandoned her for some reason. I verified with my healer that it was a Midcore static and she did say it was but tonight people lost it followed by "it's been tense this week with the static". I dont know what to do but man I've been spending all my time playing Destiny 2 this week that I dont really care about O4S anymore. God, raiding this tier has just been so obnoxious.

If you are desperate for a clear and are on primal data center I could probably wrangle my static into helping.

There's no way you could be worse than our current SCH, trust me lol.

If you are desperate for a clear and are on primal data center I could probably wrangle my static into helping.

There's no way you could be worse than our current SCH, trust me lol.

I've not made it to neo yet cause I keep getting terrible unorganized and greedy statics but i'd be willing to go with you if our times match. Shoot me a pm!

Qvoth

static drama

already said plenty of times in this thread, it's literally only a matter of time before statics break
also keep in mind a static that is created mid raid tier generally lasts shorter compared to the ones that were made before the next raid tier comes, this is why most hardcore players know each other because generally it's just a group of the same people circling around
i've quit statics for over a year and even i still got invited by people i knew

if you're that desperate for a clear then maybe you should join a 0-1 chest party, even these usually don't clear neo but at least they have better chances to clear exdeath

I just finished the MSL today, and hit cap. I really disliked the experience leveling in this expansion. The game follows such a formulaic experience at this point that you can guess nearly all things that happen, and you can predict their choice in music selection.

The bard cowboy outfit was incredible, though.

B.K.

I see now why people hate weapon farming. I got four legendary medals in a hour. I assumed it would be one per fate, like minion farming.

Omni

I spent a loooot of time over the last week in pugs for 4s trying to help a friend clear. It's actually far more doable than I thought. People really seem to struggle on Omega though... Maybe it's just more difficult as a dps or something. I know as a healer I just gotta remember whether to stack or die. Also I dunno how many times I've had to tell people to die on the third laser >:|

do you accept screenshots made with using Reshade ?
Yeah, sure. It's just a bit of fun anyway!

Qvoth

I spent a loooot of time over the last week in pugs for 4s trying to help a friend clear. It's actually far more doable than I thought. People really seem to struggle on Omega though... Maybe it's just more difficult as a dps or something. I know as a healer I just gotta remember whether to stack or die. Also I dunno how many times I've had to tell people to die on the third laser >:|

Yeah, sure. It's just a bit of fun anyway!

huh? i'm dps and i'm pretty sure v4s is most difficult on the healers
dps people just need to output high enough dps for the kill, that's the only hard part for us imo

already said plenty of times in this thread, it's literally only a matter of time before statics break
also keep in mind a static that is created mid raid tier generally lasts shorter compared to the ones that were made before the next raid tier comes, this is why most hardcore players know each other because generally it's just a group of the same people circling around
i've quit statics for over a year and even i still got invited by people i knew

if you're that desperate for a clear then maybe you should join a 0-1 chest party, even these usually don't clear neo but at least they have better chances to clear exdeath

Yeah, and it's really starting to show how easily they break. I dont really blame you for quitting as it seems identical to my situation. Maybe it's because in crossworld people are less respected... idk.

1 shot O3S in a pug tonight though which really was nice. I ended up buying the roborant as I keep rolling crap on it every week. I got a twine though so i'm pretty happy.

Yah I've cleared it a few times in pug groups helping ppl out. It's really not that bad. If you get past Omega it's gg ez.

In retrospect I'd say it's easier than 12s, but it's interesting because it was always a race to try and kill Alex before the hardest part of the fight (second puddles) where as the scariest part of Neo is at about halfway through the fight and everything after is a breeze.

Plus not having to worry about hitting my positional as a dps or auto-attack dmg as a tank makes it so much easier.

Omni

huh? i'm dps and i'm pretty sure v4s is most difficult on the healers
dps people just need to output high enough dps for the kill, that's the only hard part for us imo
Oh I know. I've had it on farm as an AST for a while now xD

Just trying to explain why dps always seem to screw up Omega in pugs, haha. I guess it's kinda hard to differentiate the debuffs. Too many shades of purple and blue. I have trouble seeing the almagest even

Qvoth

Oh I know. I've had it on farm as an AST for a while now xD

Just trying to explain why dps always seem to screw up Omega in pugs, haha. I guess it's kinda hard to differentiate the debuffs. Too many shades of purple and blue. I have trouble seeing the almagest even

afaik for omega there are only 2 outcomes for healers, while for dps there are 3

Top Bottom