• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Finally received my Orzly tempered glass protectors today.
They even sent out an email to all .com buyers today because they're getting so many complaints about them taking so long.

Dear Customer,

We are writing to you today with regards to your order for the Orzly Glass Screen Protector for the Nintendo Switch.

We have recently been inundated with emails from people who only wanted an Orzly Tempered Glass Screen Protector and so we have found a way to expedite delivery to the USA at our own cost. The new logistics service we have partnered with will allow parcels to arrive in the US within 3-8 days (depending on your location in the US) - and so many of you will have already received or be receiving your screen protectors any day now, and we predict that the majority of the remaining parcels will be delivered this week and next week.

Many of you have also expressed your confusion about the origin of the shipping being from the UK, however we would like to clarify that this would have been confirmed at the time of placing the order. In addition, the delivery window would have also been provided by Amazon in the order confirmation and that many of you who had placed pre-orders seem to have misunderstood thinking that the item would be delivered on the 3rd at the same time as the Switch, when in fact this date was a release date. We have been shipping orders in March and are still within the delivery windows provided by Amazon.

We do appreciate that you are all anxious to protect your Nintendo Switch screen especially in light of the problems caused by Nintendo's docks, and we certainly don't wish to upset any of our customers. We therefore wanted to take the time to write to you today and re-assure you that all orders have been shipped and that most of you will begin to receive your orders this week and next week, if you haven't already. In fact as we are currently dispatching orders on a same day basis, this delivery window will also apply to anyone who has placed an order in the last few days as well.

Beyond this information, we would also like to confirm that many products from our Nintendo Switch range will also be available from Amazon Prime in the next 1-2 weeks.

Please rest assured that we are pro-actively working to find the best solutions to get your orders to you as quickly as possible and that we are always happy to assist you in any way we can, so should you need us for anything from delivery to product queries, please just hit reply.

Thank you again for your patience and we are hopeful that it will have been worth the wait.

Best Wishes from Orzly

Mine shipped March 6th so hopefully it gets here soon.

Oh wow, how are they?

Won't be able to install them 'till later tonight. Will report. The packaging is nice, even wrapped in a bubble bag. There's even a 15% discount code for future purchases.

.ca or .com?

.ca

They even sent out an email to all .com buyers today because they're getting so many complaints about them taking so long.

Mine shipped March 6th so hopefully it gets here soon.

Yeah be patient, it'll get there.

holy crap they exist!
Did you get to keep the homing pigeon they used to deliver?
The Pigeon they used to send mine must be still half way across the ocean.

lol

antibolo

Banned
I wish I could try a Pro controller to see how it feels like. I've been pretty satisfied with the Joycon Grip so far, feels comfortable enough for me, so I haven't felt the need to hunt down a Pro, especially at that price.

I'm actually more considering getting an extra pair of joycons so I can be ready for hosting 4 player games like Mario Kart.

I wish I could try a Pro controller to see how it feels like. I've been pretty satisfied with the Joycon Grip so far, feels comfortable enough for me, so I haven't felt the need to hunt down a Pro, especially at that price.

I'm actually more considering getting an extra pair of joycons so I can be ready for hosting 4 player games like Mario Kart.

It is my favourite controller, without a doubt. It feels really nice in the hands and the weight is solid. Honestly, the greatest convenience is never having to remove the Joy-Cons from the switch itself. Just leave them on there and take the whole thing if I want to play handheld mode. I really underestimated how much that was worth to me. Even when in tabletop mode, I still use the Pro-Con and leave the Joy-Cons attached.

Honestly, the greatest convenience is never having to remove the Joy-Cons from the switch itself. Just leave them on there and take the whole thing if I want to play handheld mode.

100000%. Absolutely.

When I'm heading to work, I just grab the whole thing, stick it in my Hori case, and off I go. At the end of the day, I drop it in the dock and play using the pro controller. It's totally seamless. Even if the pro controller sucked as a controller, I'd still favor this method just because it makes life easier. (Thankfully, though, the pro controller is an amazing controller.)

antibolo

Banned
100000%. Absolutely.

When I'm heading to work, I just grab the whole thing, stick it in my Hori case, and off I go. At the end of the day, I drop it in the dock and play using the pro controller. It's totally seamless. Even if the pro controller sucked as a controller, I'd still favor this method just because it makes life easier. (Thankfully, though, the pro controller is an amazing controller.)

I was actually also considering the practicality of never needing to remove the joycons from the console in my daily routine.

But at the same time I feel like buying an extra pair of joycons would be a more useful alternative, since it would also mean owning a total of 4 controllers. Like, if I buy a Pro, I'll still be one controller short of having a full set.

I wish Nintendo would support Wii/Wii U controllers in multiplayer games like Mario Kart (it's all just Bluetooth anyway), but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

Savitar

Huh, there is a user called Consoles and Beyond listing Nintendo Switches now on amazon.ca but it's their only product and they are a new seller.

I smell scam.

Anyone else get an email from Amazon to say that their PS4 Mass Effect shipping has been delayed? Mine's apparently coming on Monday now. It was supposed to be Two Day Shipping. I wonder if I'll be compensated at all?

Sealtest

still no charge for my futureshop Mass Effect order. And when I asked them about why my order says out of stock they say it doesn't. Starting to think my very last futureshop order will be my worst.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What kind of fucking drugs are Amazon on with this release day horse shittery.
Mass Effect pre-order hadn't shipped, I cancelled and purchased it from stock and it still says March 27th.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
US is getting a restock on the 22nd. EB is being quiet. But, they put back up the product pages that were definitely down before. So, nothing official, but something to keep an eye on ;)

Many EBs received Switch shipments yesterday. I picked one up at lunchtime and there was two other people walking out with theirs.

Maybe EB will receive more tomorrow who knows but I doubt they'd be getting two shipments a couple days apart.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's a good place to get some nice, high quality lunch bags?
Oh hmm, that Wirecutter sister-site recommends the Coleman 9 can cooler. Looks nice enough.

jholmes

They're comparable to the Wii U pro, maybe a little chunkier. The matte finish might be the big difference. If you loved the Wii U pro you should be in good hands.

I recommend the Pro. I actually used the Grip for about three days of Zelda for hours at a time before getting the Pro, so I feel like I can speak for both. Basically you're getting a more natural controller grip, much bigger buttons (more mushy too, depends on personal preference if that's good or bad), bigger shoulder triggers (I struggled with the Joy-Con ones sometimes with their size and close proximity to eachother, but that may only be me), and most importantly IMO is much larger control stick travel. I didn't realize how terrible the Joy-Con stick travel was until I went back to the Grip for a few minutes to test my L's connectivity.

Despite all of that, it's probably still not worth $90. But I also don't feel like other controllers for other systems are worth $75 either. I remember feeling like the $50 for a Wii U pro was overpriced too... So the price sucks, but I've kinda just accepted that's how it is.

EDIT: Oh and you get a d-pad too of course. Didn't really factor in for me though with the games I play.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Got the tan/orange Coleman 9 can soft cooler for $16 with one day delivery after the $10 courtesy credit I just got from Mass Effect shipping late.
Oh well.

Anyone else get an email from Amazon to say that their PS4 Mass Effect shipping has been delayed? Mine's apparently coming on Monday now. It was supposed to be Two Day Shipping. I wonder if I'll be compensated at all?

I did. They said technical issues and are now sending it to me for Friday. Quite clear they under ordered.

I upgraded my shipping to next day when I reordered last week, and they sent me an email today to apologize that it won't be coming for a few more days and that they refunded the shipping fee.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait, fuck that Coleman lunch bag, this one looks much nicer.

61a5qFWyvGL._SL1000_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom