• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers Xbox Fitness and Kinect One domains

shinnn

Did they say 8 first party published new IP exclusives, or just 8 new IP exclusives?
Microsoft Studios games.

I'd be surprised if Kinect Fitness is a game and not an app or hub of some sort. Well, not totally surprised, but it'd seem a waste when fitness is one area they can guarantee EA and Ubisoft will readily support. Kinect has a similar app on the 360 called Kinect PlayFit which tracks your calories in other Kinect games, fitness or otherwise. Kinect One just sounds like the name of the hardware.
They already have Nike Kinect Training too.

Bullza2o

So gradually we're discovering what the other mystery titles are. That's good.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the new IPs is another shooter --this time fully Kinect.
And the other a spinoff series from the Halo Universe.

After seeing that WIRED kinect video the fitness game would be fantastic, I am guessing these fitness games will be on all consoles anyways.

Did they say 8 first party published new IP exclusives, or just 8 new IP exclusives?

15 exclusive first party games. 8 new first party IPs. Respawn's thing is EA published.

Kinect One is most definitely the new name of Kinect 2.0. The Fitness thing was rumored to be Rare's thing a couple of years ago but it was supposed cancelled.

harSon

Banned
It's almost like people didn't read what little information is in the OP. Kinect One is the name of the new Kinect hardware, it's not a game. The only possible game mentioned in the OP is Kinect Fitness.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
It could be an app

So people what do we have so far?

Kinect fitness
Kinect one
Ryse
Forza 5

Any i am missing?

Kinect one is the name of the new Kinect hardware, so you are looking at something like this:

New IP:
Kinect Fitness
Ryse
Respawn Game
Quantum Break
Black Tusk studio game

Existing IP:
Forza
Rare title from the past

There are also rumors of League of Legends, Dead Rising 3, and Hawken

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Fitness games can become an incredible experience with K2 if the software/program is right. That sensor has amazing tech

Toki767

I'm sure they said 15 Microsoft Game Studios exclusives, but I really think they just meant 15 exclusives.

Therefore, my count is 4 out of 15 games so far.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Kinect one is the name of the new Kinect hardware, so you are looking at something like this:

New IP:
Kinect Fitness
Ryse
Respawn Game
Quantum Break
Black Tusk studio game

Existing IP:
Forza
Rare title from the past

I know Insomniac's next-gen game, which some posit is a Durango exclusive, is currently penned for calendar 2014.

New IP:
Kinect Fitness
Ryse
Respawn Game
Quantum Break
Black Tusk studio game

Existing IP:
Forza
Rare title from the past

Got a feeling the title from the past will be killer instinct or battle toads, most likely killer instinct though

Like someone else said i bet there will be a dance central 4 in there somewhere too

Darryl

Banned

New IP:
Kinect Fitness
Ryse
Respawn Game
Quantum Break
Black Tusk studio game

Existing IP:
Forza
Rare title from the past

the rest of the new IPs are probably Kinect. if it's launching with the console they need a good library for it. what Wii games are missing? we have sports and fit. party, play, music?

That would be a new low.

But then again, with all that's been revealed, can they go much lower?!?! I mean, am I right? Haha, ahhahahaha....ughhhhh someone hold me. Gaming as I know it is dying.

There is no need to be upset. We'll take you over in PC gaming.

Also, no Connect 4 jokes yet?

the rest of the new IPs are probably Kinect. if it's launching with the console they need a good library for it. what Wii games are missing? we have sports and fit. party, play, music?

Kinect sports isn't new ip
But i guess even let's say 3 out of 15 are Kinect games people in here will still say it's too much Kinect game

We know 4 of the 8. Remedy's game is another and that Roman Kinnect Fighting game, Ryse is another. Only four left.

I will laugh my ass off if nearly all of these "new" IP end up being Kinnect and casual shit. We already know that literally 3 of the 8, nearly half, are.
Ryse isn't Kinect game anymore,sorry

Linkified

New IP:
Kinect Fitness
Ryse
Respawn Game
Quantum Break
Black Tusk studio game

Existing IP:
Forza
Rare title from the past

You do know they were talking about MS Studios doing their "Ra ra speech" right? So seen as Respawn Game is an EA joint it wouldn't be on the list.

Remember to include Dance Central 4 on these lists you are all making, DC is the number 1 selling kinect title i think so that will be there, surely

Alx

And actually Xbox Hong Kong already leaked the new Kinect name called "Kinect One",so confirmed that's not a game
http://www.xbox.com/zh-HK/xboxone/what-it-is
ctrl+F "Kinect One"

I thought it was obvious... the console is called Xbox One, what should we think Kinect One would refer to ?

Remember to include Dance Central 4 on these lists you are all making, DC is the number 1 selling kinect title i think so that will be there, surely

It will be there, just like Just Dance (which I liked better, it's funnier), but it is not first party, so it shouldn't appear in the 8/15 list.

TaroYamada

Get pumped!

mln27oo.jpg

I thought it was obvious... the console is called Xbox One, what should we think Kinect One would refer to ?

It will be there, just like Just Dance (which I liked better, it's funnier), but it is not first party, so it shouldn't appear in the 8/15 list.

Oh i always thought DC was first party, so is it third party then but MS have exclusive rights to it?

amardilo

So Xbox Fitness is one of the eight, I assume.

• Ryse
  • Quantum Break
  • Black Tusk project
  • Respawn's "Titan"
  • Rare game, unless it is Xbox Fitness
  • Xbox Fitness
  • ?
  • ?

I think MS said Rare is working on an old IP of theirs - http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/43...13-perfect-dark-killer-instinct-banjo-kazooie

banjo kazooie fitness.

That would suck but I could see them doing that and it would mean platforming using the Kinect. I'd imagine a lot of standing in 1 place while jumping to get onto platforms.

Top Bottom