• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Early on in the exhibition, Gamora combos two different gun moves from full screen while moving towards the opponent in the process. I wonder if you can confirm into a combo after that. Full screen confirms would be dope.

The near-vertical guns you can do from the air are going to be great for mixups too.

From what we've seen so far I'm actually pretty excited for the game. Sure some character models suck, and the UI isn't amazing, but it looks fun. I like the change to 2v2 over 3v3 (Probably because I'm a huge TvC fan) and everything looks good in motion. I think it's a bummer to X-Men fans that they aren't any on the roster, but that's been an issue for Marvel games for a while now so it's not really unexpected.

Neonep

Yup the agenda is huge with this one, has largely to do with dbz f and there mains not being in this game.

I've been super critical of this game since E3. The real issue stemmed from the fact that all of the problems people have with this game are self inflicted by Capcom & Marvel. I'll still buy it. Another 3 games in 10 days for me this year with Pokken Tournament DX & Gundam Versus.

Jawmuncher

Yup the agenda is huge with this one, has largely to do with dbz f and there mains not being in this game.

While DBZF is a factor now. I think even without that game there'd be shit on this. Mainly in the sense that people expect more from capcom. People see them as a AAA company when that really hasnt been what they are for quite awhile now.

I've been super critical of this game since E3. The real issue stemmed from the fact that all of the problems people have with this game are self inflicted by Capcom & Marvel. I'll still buy it. Another 3 games in 10 days for me this year with Pokken Tournament DX & Gundam Versus.

GV is great. No local multi but hey it's fun.

So what's everyone expecting from Comic-Con next week?

Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Nemesis, Firebrand, and Frank at SDCC with the Mind Stone and Capcom DLC #2 reveal
Hunter, Haggar, Spidey, and Venom at Gamescom (add Meio and Winter Soldier if we're really getting 34) with the Soul Stone and Marvel DLC #2 reveal

I'm expecting the last two DLC characters to be revealed either at or after launch.

Dahbomb

Y'all still expecting Spidey lmao ?

It's not happening.
I think the meltdown from no Spider Man in the game would actually bury the game.

I honestly don't believe it. Neither Capcom nor Marvel could possibly believe that it would be in the game's best interest to not include Spider Man in the game on day 1.

Vice

I just kept seeing characters fly out when both were hit during the exhibition. How much damage could you do on the assist character? Is there a damage modifier?
At best, about a quarter life. However, I don't really have any optomized combos and that was with magic series into super.
I didn't notice a damage modifier.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
people were also saying no Spidey in Marvel 3, he was one of the last ones confirmed lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They better not include a dude we already saw

We haven't got any official trailer for Jedah and Gamora, so I'm pretty sure they would put them in next trailer, like they did with Rocket Raccoon.

Comic Con

Spider-Man
Venom
Gamora
Dormammu

Firebrand
Jedah
Frank West
Nemesis

Gamescom

Ghost Rider
Winter Solider (or Ant-Man)

Haggar
Monster Hunter

Lol, this reminds me of MVC3.

"Spidey hasn't been announced. It's obvious he's not in."
"But he's on the Daily Bugle poster with other revealed characters."
"So? That doesn't mean he's in. They just wanted to put an image of him there."

All over again.

To be more specific, i'll wear that shirt at my first tournament IRL on MvC:I.

But i'm 100% sure he won't be in the game (Even if i trust everything else in that leak).

Jawmuncher

We haven't got any official trailer for Jedah and Gamora, so I'm pretty sure they would put them in next trailer, like they did with Rocket Raccoon.

Comic Con

Spider-Man
Venom
Gamora
Dormammu

Firebrand
Jedah
Frank West
Nemesis

Gamescom

Ghost Rider
Winter Solider (or Ant-Man)

Haggar
Monster Hunter

Gamescom would be their last big reveal so I'd guess they go with two big characters per side. So I'd replace haggar with someone else like frank or Nemesis.

Sesha

I'll gladly take any avatar bets for the lack of Spiderman in MvC:I.

I'll even wear a custom tshirt made by you guys in real life if you want.

giphy.gif

JayEH

Jedah is the first time since announcement I feel that people are hyped about the game. They need to carry that little momentum into SDCC.

Lulubop

Jedah is the first time since announcement I feel that people are hyped about the game. They need to carry that little momentum into SDCC.

Venom looking good with good animations like Jedah would do a lot of good. He doesn't have a human face so it'll be harder for Capcom to fuck up....

Dahbomb

No one in their right mind would make a bet like that if they don't have an insider source.

The claim is so outrageous and out there that it's crazy enough to be true.

Forward

While DBZF is a factor now. I think even without that game there'd be shit on this. Mainly in the sense that people expect more from capcom. People see them as a AAA company when that really hasnt been what they are for quite awhile now.

It's that, compounded with all of the other bad decision that Capcom has made as a dev, in recent years - DMC, RE6, et al, with SFV being the particular last straw, amongst FG fans. Tweeting functionally retarded nonsense at us does not help. Nor does badly acted false hype.

DBZ IS that hotness, though - no lie.

Tbh, given the way they are pushing the MCU even at the cost of characters like Deadpool and Wolverine, if Spider-Man hadn't made it into Civil War and Homecoming, I would've assumed he caught the axe as they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom