• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Euphony

Banned
It was alone? I don't remember. My idea was dumb anyway I need the next chapter asap.

He technically wasn't alone since it was his ship versus an entire fleet of other ships, unless I'm thinking of something else. There's also Shiki I think, but I'm honestly not sure how and if the movies count towards the manga canon.

LotusHD

Banned
Forget about Big Mom or Kaido. Let's go fight a shitty version of Doflamingo.

Ah, that's the thing, I wouldn't have just mindlessly placed it anywhere, much less in the middle of a Yonko Saga. I'm just simply saying, that as a location, a place where pirates, the navy etc. can come together and are behold to the rule that they cannot attack one another, would've made for a very interesting arc.

---

Regarding spoiler pictures:

Yo, Pudding looks cool af

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
He technically wasn't alone since it was his ship versus an entire fleet of other ships, unless I'm thinking of something else. There's also Shiki I think, but I'm honestly not sure how and if the movies count towards the manga canon.
Shiki vs Rogers was in Chapter 0 so that's canon.

From what I recall Shiki and Z exists in canon just not the events of the movies

Not sure about Gild
Shiki is mentioned in the manga itself and featured heavily in Chapter 0 so he's definitely canon. The actual movie is debatable since Oda helped write it and referenced it in the actual manga. But more than likely it was a "What if" story where all the characters exist in canon but the Strawhats encountering Shiki isn't. I would assume in canon One Piece Garp & Sengoku went back and finished him off for real since he's not a threat in current One Piece.

Z and Gold probably aren't canon at all since Oda didn't write those movies and didn't reference them in the manga. Z was in the Marine colorspread so perhaps he existed at one point, but besides that and Aokiji's post-timeskip design being revealed, there's not much to back up any of the other characters or events in either movie. Ultimately though, the difference between non-canon and "what if" stories doesn't really matter.

Majukun

chapter out

hate pudding even more

also,how the hell is big mom supposed to chase them through the ocean if she is a devil fruit user?

EDIT: oh right,she now has zeus..but isn't he way faster then the sunny?

NSESN

So with Pudding having the power to induce flashbacks what if she uses it on Tashigi so we can finally know if she is Kuina or not?

Yep, knew it would come to this. There was really no other way for them to escape unless someone very strong intervened. A good way to rely on the strengths of the characters instead of brute forcing their way out.

Pudding was annoying.

LotusHD

Banned
So is Sanji going to fight this arc or what?

Ironically his chances of getting a fight increase since he's moving away from Luffy and co., not to mention Chiffon and Pudding aren't conventional fighters. Some suspect that he'll have that rematch with Daifuku, who will interrupt the cooking process or something.

That said, Oda could very well play it straight and just have him make that cake. Or maybe he'll let Sanji go full badass and accomplish both
Yea I doubt it too.

Cooking is fighting, but in the kitchen.

Stop it.

Meh just let him be the hero of the arc by cooking that's his thing

I mean, he could do both. I expected him to help make another cake, I just want to see him have a decent fight. It's been awhile.

Or maybe he'll let Sanji go full badass and accomplish both
Yea I doubt it too.

That'd be great, but as you said,
I doubt it.

LotusHD

Banned
If Sanji doesn't get (and win) a big fight in Wano, I'll share the outrage. But in an arc where the plan was to try and avoid fights to begin with, and is culminating in utilizing the profession he's mastered to conclude it, I can't get that bothered by it tbh

He's saving the day one way or another so I'm happy regardless lol. Besides capone kinda set up a sanji vs strussen fight in my head for later so he has to heal up for the next time

If Sanji doesn't get (and win) a big fight in Wano, I'll share the outrage. But in an arc where the plan was to try and avoid fights to begin with, and is culminating in utilizing the profession he's mastered to conclude it, I can't get that bothered by it tbh

He'll definitely get a fight in Wano, but I'm an impatient SOB.

Halfway through this chapter: Pudding has gone from someone with an interesting twist to someone I actively hate. Think I'll avoid reading this thread so much in future. I don't think I can handle you all Pudding-ing.

And the chapter finished: Meh.

Jinbei is replacing sanji as the person getting a third big fight, the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Seems to me, if you want Sanji to continue having major fights, you'd better hope Jinbei doesn't make it off the island alive.

Top Bottom