• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Icolin

Banned
Good result. We were poor up until the substitutions, but from that point, we were pretty good. Seattle definitely deserved a win though.

Chris R

Oof, got rough for LA at the end there.

Now it's time for the big event of the weekend!

Screw Connor and Jon Snow, gimmie that Portland/Seattle match!

Dartastic

Jordan Morris on the break is a real threat. Too bad Atinella seems to have his number. Really hope I'm not jynxing this with this post.

Dartastic

Yea, really baffled by that one.

Gonna get to see the Timbers in NYC next month though!
Hell yeah! Take pics! I probably won't be able to talk soccer for the next month or so. I'm going to Japan in a week! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm so excited. I've never been. Anyway. Great game. Well played on both sides. Really encouraged by our performance tonight.

Hell yeah! Take pics! I probably won't be able to talk soccer for the next month or so. I'm going to Japan in a week! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm so excited. I've never been. Anyway. Great game. Well played on both sides. Really encouraged by our performance tonight.
Go to a J League match!

Callups for the next two USMNT WCQs:

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; WCQ Caps/Goals)
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC; 14/0), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids; 36/0), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (9): DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo; 34/6), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City; 11/1), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/ENG; 22/2), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca/MEX; 15/0), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 0/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 5/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 3/0), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City; 18/3)

MIDFIELDERS (9): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 4/0), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 3/1), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 9/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 35/7), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 16/1), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers; 7/0), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 9/5), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 0/0)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 38/16), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC; 39/18), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 3/0), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Bobby Wood (Hamburg/GER; 10/4)
With a 3-1-2 record in the Hex, Costa Rica has collected 11 points through six matches. When the United States handed them a 2-0 loss in the Gold Cup, it snapped a seven-game unbeaten streak (4-0-3) in which they conceded just three goals. Costa Rica has kept clean sheets in more than half of their last 16 games in all competitions (9), and in three of the six games in the Final Round.

Players begin reporting Aug. 27 into the New York area ahead of USA-Costa Rica, presented by Volpi Foods. Kickoff at Red Bull Arena is set for 6:30 p.m. ET, and the match will be broadcast on ESPN, Univision and UDN.

Four days later, the U.S. will face Honduras in the cauldron of Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano. The MNT travels to San Pedro Sula for the third straight qualifying cycle, which includes one historic result in 2009 when a pair of goals from Conor Casey and the game-winner from Landon Donovan booked the United States in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Coverage on Sept. 5 begins at 5:30 p.m. ET on beIN SPORT and UNIVERSO.

zroid

Banned
wow, Alex Bono is co-hosting a sports talk radio show this morning, and he's actually doing a decent job!

i wonder if he has radio experience in high school or college

USMNT game coming up in a few days, so there are a couple of articles bouncing around:

- MLS Analyst: US lineup prediction & more in the return of the TwitBag

Lineup looks fine. It's nothing fancy but should get the job done. I'd love to integrate a few of the youngsters (Doyle mentions McKennie, Jonathan Gonzalez, Tyler Adams, and Jonathan Lewis) but we'll have to wait for qualification before seeing what they're capable of.

Pulisic-fest:
- SI: Christian Pulisic Continues his Rise While Moving to Cusp of Mainstream USA Spotlight
- Goal.com: Pulisic Moves Into Second Year of Stardom Trying Hard to Stay Grounded
- Steven Goff: At 18, Christian Pulisic is becoming the player of USA soccer dreams

RBH

On the heels of a star-studded MLS All-Star Game, FOX Sports today announced the FOX broadcast network will feature two MLS matches airing live adjacent to regional National Football League broadcasts on Sunday, Sept. 24. FOX Sports’ MLS and NFL presentation features a battle between Atlanta United and the Montreal Impact at brand new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, and a clash between Western Conference leaders Sporting Kansas City and the LA Galaxy at Children’s Mercy Park.

Live coverage begins at 2:00 PM ET on FOX when the 2013 MLS Cup champions, Sporting Kansas City, hosts the LA Galaxy. The matchup will be available in both competing teams’ home markets, as well as select additional cities around the country. Those areas without the FOX television broadcast of the MLS match will receive a regional NFL broadcast at that time. Soccer fans in markets with the NFL game on FOX have the opportunity to watch full coverage of the Sporting KC-Galaxy match live on FOX Sports GO.

Action continues as the Montreal Impact travels to Mercedes-Benz Stadium to face Tata Martino’s Atlanta United at 5:00 PM ET. Those areas not receiving the broadcast on television will receive a regional NFL broadcast at that time and can watch the full MLS match on FOX Sports GO. Both MLS matches will also be available in Spanish on FOX Deportes.

This is the second consecutive season FOX Sports showcases a joint MLS and NFL lineup, televising games from the two leagues on the same network at the same time. Originally scheduled kickoff times for the two matches have been updated to align with the FOX broadcast network lineup.

Similar to FOX’s process with regional NFL broadcasts, market assignments for the network’s coverage of the Sept. 24 MLS matches will be made public at a later date. When market assignments are announced, MLSsoccer.com will provide a complete overview of the coverage for both the Sporting Kansas City-LA Galaxy and Atlanta United-Montreal Impact matches.

All FOX soccer matches can be live streamed via FOX Sports GO and FOX Soccer Match Pass. FOX Sports GO is available on FOXSportsGO.com or on the FOX Sports GO app, which can be downloaded from iTunes, Google Play, Amazon App Store and Windows Store. Streaming is also now available on several connected devices, including Apple TV, Android TV, FireTV, Roku, Chromecast and Xbox One.

All FOX soccer information, including biographies, photographs and archived press releases are available on FOX Sports Press Pass.
https://www.atlutd.com/post/2017/08/31/atlanta-united-be-featured-fox-nfl-mls-doubleheader

USMNT vs Costa Rica
Kickoff time: 6:55 pm ET
TV: ESPN, Univision
Weather: 68 degrees, sunny

ESPN's #USMNT-Costa Rica coverage:
6 ET: ESPN FC on ESPNEWS
6:30 ET: Pregame on ESPN
6:55 ET: Kickoff
Tactical Cam & Iso Cam on ESPN3.

erMHQLN.jpg

Zusi? Ugh.
Not really another tested option available.

Top Bottom