• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

But why Crimson!

I did explain in my previous post, but of the three people (four now) who responded to my question, Fat's felt the most like someone looking to jump on for townie points.

Although I only gave Dragonz a pass for not being around for long, and she's only jumped onto easy topics so far. Although on that note, suggesting two scum teams is interesting (even if it was being mistaken over a previous game), because we probably do have at least 3, neutral dependent, and I wonder if scum would intentionally get that wrong.

Can we skip to the part where we agree that the no lynch isn't going to get enough traction and then Kark tries to tie the vote anyway.

Also, Fat and Dragonz jumping on the easy topic again.

Sophia

Would a lynch on D1 reveal anything?

I'm leaning on No Lynch

Votes and lynches are the biggest way for town to get information. They draw lines in the sand, so to speak, and allow us to see where everyone stood. No lynching on Day 1 takes away that advantage from us, as we get no information from vote patterns. Plus, if a game starts on an odd number of players (Like say, this game after pairs are taken into account) you take away one of town's mislynches by no lynching.

Why would you think a lynch on Day 1 reveals nothing? Surely you have some reads on people right now, yes?

Votes and lynches are the biggest way for town to get information. They draw lines in the sand, so to speak, and allow us to see where everyone stood. No lynching on Day 1 takes away that advantage from us, as we get no information from vote patterns. Plus, if a game starts on an odd number of players (Like say, this game after pairs are taken into account) you take away one of town's mislynches by no lynching.

Why would you think a lynch on Day 1 reveals nothing? Surely you have some reads on people right now, yes?

No I don't and my only excuse is this my first full game since becoming part of the GAFIA community

Sorian

Banned
*looks at game start time*

*looks at current time*

Yeah. That's all I've got for "Day 1."

This argument doesn't hold water when the thread is already proving someone can be useful within 3 hours.

I rate Sorian's post 8 Sorians out of 10

Better than most video games!

You seem to have a lot of interest me in today.

I did explain in my previous post, but of the three people (four now) who responded to my question, Fat's felt the most like someone looking to jump on for townie points.

Although I only gave Dragonz a pass for not being around for long, and she's only jumped onto easy topics so far. Although on that note, suggesting two scum teams is interesting (even if it was being mistaken over a previous game), because we probably do have at least 3, neutral dependent, and I wonder if scum would intentionally get that wrong.

Had to go back and find your question, was skimming and it was at the bottom of a page so didn't even register it first time through. Guess I've answered it too! That said, meh, anyone who answers a question that early about a topic with so little evidence is far is either really into helping or looking helpful (which doesn't narrow much down) so I have nothing to defend here.

I'm leaning on No Lynch

getout.gif

We're lynching someone and I'll go against a read even if I breaks a tie.

Sorian

Banned
Can we skip to the part where we agree that the no lynch isn't going to get enough traction and then Kark tries to tie the vote anyway.

Also, Fat and Dragonz jumping on the easy topic again.

*looks at next post*

lol

Sophia

*looks at next post*

lol

I mean I'm hardly jumping only on to easy topics here, especially when you take into account the private chat me and Crimson are talking with each other.

But remind me again of how much Verelios and Dragonz have added to the game so far? Especially miss "I'm more interested in writing my terrible Game of Thrones fanfiction than actually playing the game" :p

Ty4on

I mean I'm hardly jumping only on to easy topics here, especially when you take into account the private chat me and Crimson are talking with each other.

But remind me again of how much Verelios and Dragonz have added to the game so far? Especially miss "I'm more interested in writing my terrible Game of Thrones fanfiction than actually playing the game" :p
huh?

Natiko

Banned
It's difficult keeping track of everything when there are pairs. That's going to take getting used to. Apologies for being late - vacation and all that.

I'm leaning on No Lynch
Lover, as much as I want to support you in all your endeavors that's just not a choice I can get down with.

Sorian

Banned

None at all (but that's also par for the course from both of them if I'm being honest with myself from playing/modding other games). I mostly point it out for the irony and also as my civic duty to rush in for aid on my lover. It's my life on the line too!

It's difficult keeping track of everything when there are pairs. That's going to take getting used to. Apologies for being late - vacation and all that.

Lover, as much as I want to support you in all your endeavors that's just not a choice I can get down with.

I take it the no lynch wasn't discussed in your lovers chat then?

Natiko

Banned

I feel like you just took some shots at our beautiful in the works game. How dare you!

franconp

Finished catching up:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Gafia culture (I'm an expert), but well thought out votes are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on Volcano Island where you can become successful though random guesswork. If you RNG Vote in Gafia, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

Vote: Trigger

Classic Sorian

Crimson Fist, you've outdone yourself.

Aren't you a newbie? How did you caught the reference?

Actually yes. Ouro scum from memory is kinda try hard, wants mostly valuable posts

I don't agree. I have played with scum Ouro and he shitpost day one. But it was a loooong time ago.

Inb4 Sophia and Crimson's boat is the only one with pregame discussions

Didn't we all got an early start? I don't like this post.

Why not, indeed.

Think I have a decent opinion of the people posting so far, at any rate.

Care to share with the rest of us?

How many scum pairs do we think there are, by the way? Not too familiar with the balancing.

I think 3. Maybe one neutral.

VOTE: franconp

Why do you do this to us? I can change!!!!

Ouro and Dragonz both have voted against Sophia...curious.

Dragonz I understand, but why you, Ouro?

So you caught the opening reference but you can't spot obvious troll votes? Weird.

I mean, Dr. Worm himself has pretty much done nothing but shitpost. Unless someone thinks a couple of votes with no reason is quality discussion... :p

It's a team play. He is tasked with shitposting while I do the scum hunting.

Do not test me. I will not be made a fool.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232521629&postcount=3646[/QUOTE]

It was all planned. We wanted to give town a chance. Same with Blarg.

Hi everybody!

Nothing. Very neutral answer.

I see. We're 2 hours in and I already get triggered by your posts. Don't ask me why.

Why?

I'm leaning on No Lynch

We are lynching someone today. We have talked about this since forever. No Lynching day 1 is a mistake.

I don't even have reads on anyone

except that Ouro guy seems legit

Well, you usually have bad reads.

Sophia

None at all (but that's also par for the course from both of them if I'm being honest with myself from playing/modding other games). I mostly point it out for the irony and also as my civic duty to rush in for aid on my lover. It's my life on the line too!

True, which is why I haven't quite considered them alignment indicative on it's own yet.

(Also I didn't say anything about Fat yet! Or at least not in public ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Sorian

Banned
True, which is why I haven't quite considered them alignment indicative on it's own yet.

(Also I didn't say anything about Fat yet! Or at least not in public ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Your lover did though. He commented on Fat and Dragonz while you switched the convo to Vere and Dragonz.

Sophia

Didn't we all got an early start? I don't like this post.

Care to share with the rest of us?

I think Ty was just making a joke at my ability to post a lot really really fast, especially when I have a private chat at my disposal. :p

And I'm keeping most of my opinions to mine and Crimson's private chat for now. I have a slight gut town-lean on Nomadic tho, if only because I feel if he was scum he would have asked the no lynch there instead of here.

Ty4on

What pregame discussions did you have with your lover? You seem like someone who might have some.

Natiko

Banned
What pregame discussions did you have with your lover? You seem like someone who might have some.
I alluded to it above, but nomad just checked into our lovers chat once and that was it so far. I'm feeling very neglected. Might need marriage counseling tbh

Top Bottom