• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

MicH

God, I'm such a sucker for gacha games. I currently play FF Record Keeper and Brave Frontier both which are excellent. Looking forward to the English version of FF Exvius

RalchAC

Now I just play Treasure Cruise, which I enjoy more than any of the others I've tried (helps to be a One Piece fan). I'll try the Final Fantasy/Brave Frontier cross if it ever hits the US though.

The Final Fantasy game that is being worked by Brave Frontier guys looks really interesting. It may be an unpopular opinion, but the fact that it isn't another crossover like Record Keeper (which is a good game, I would say) is what interests me.

I want to see if they can release a game that feels like Final Fantasy without relying in established characters.

Visceir

The Final Fantasy game that is being worked by Brave Frontier guys looks really interesting. It may be an unpopular opinion, but the fact that it isn't another crossover like Record Keeper (which is a good game, I would say) is what interests me.

I want to see if they can release a game that feels like Final Fantasy without relying in established characters.

It kinda is though, you can pull characters from various other Final Fantasy game. Or am I misunderstanding something?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nico Nico Spend Some Mo-NIIIIIIIIII.

It's not a mobile game, but Kancolle has some similarities with these games in a way.
Well, it's sort of is but the difference is that you don't pay for spins. In fact it's prohibitively expensive to pay for an LSC spin. I like the game because they just charge you to increase your inventory - everything else you're expected to play the game to get.

not yet you mean

whenever the mobile port comes out

probably before the vita game
Get a Surface, play it on the go. lol

RalchAC

It kinda is though, you can pull characters from various other Final Fantasy game. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Mmmmm.... are you sure? So far I haven't seen any FF character in the promo material. They'll have totally shown Cloud in the trailer if he was in the game :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Mmmmm.... are you sure? So far I haven't seen any FF character in the promo material. They'll have totally shown Cloud in the trailer if he was in the game :p
They are in there, but the focus is on the new original characters.

e87af5881aff2dc6ef1e87a07ebb0018.jpg

Global Dokkan Battle has been disappointing as of late. Can't even get their events running properly. :/

Cool added them, I just scrolled through the OT and didn't see the IBO characters, are they in it?

It's the only Gundam I've seen

Good looking out! Super Gundam Royale is pretty sweet, especially if you like FF Record Keeper as they're both made by DeNA.

As for IBO, nothing yet but it'll happen eventually. They just added Zeta and 00 Missions the other day and have a pretty good event until the 29th that helps with rerolling as you get enough G-Metal to pull twice after your initial guaranteed 4 star gatcha.

Been uploading gameplay vids as well on my youtube channel too: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxPkRbjl-sq9YzJ65hasNWsabCGMFDDM

I've actually been kinda interested in recording some gameplay of mobile games, could you give me any pointers on how to do it?

That battle theme is awesome btw.

Edit: Oh, I see you did it on IOS, does anyone know what to do for Android?

Yeah, the music in the game is pretty great. Shame they couldn't have any of the show tracks, but I'm not complaining about what's there. ^^

Also, I found this for Android recording. It has options for both rooted and non-rooted devices: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Heres-how-to-record-screen-video-on-Android_id28727

Yeah, the music in the game is pretty great. Shame they couldn't have any of the show tracks, but I'm not complaining about what's there. ^^

Also, I found this for Android recording. It has options for both rooted and non-rooted devices: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Heres-how-to-record-screen-video-on-Android_id28727

I'll check that out, thanks!

For android, can't you just play the game in Bluestacks/*other droid emu* and record with your PC? Seems it would be easier :)

The thing is that If I do that I'd have to restart my accounts or fiddle around with account transfering which would be a hassle in it's own right, I'll try it out as a last resort though.

Ah, yeah, wish more games did it like DragonBlaze where you just login to their account system (Hive) and that's it. No need to transfer crap.

RalchAC

They are in there, but the focus is on the new original characters.

e87af5881aff2dc6ef1e87a07ebb0018.jpg

Well, if they're just there for a bif of fan service my point stands.

How does the 2nd option work? I have an Xperia M2 and I'd be interested in using the app. Could you tell me how is the sound quality? Does it record the sound directly or does it only record through the phone mic?

woopWOOP

Ah, is this the place where I can ramble about Brave Frontier?
..Wait, that has its own OT?? Huh!

Well then I'll just say LINEplay is a stupidly cute communication app, even though they're pushing the 'real money only' gacha a heck of a ton nowadays.

ReaperXL7

This Rune Story game is pretty fun so far, somewhat Diablo like and I enjoy the art style. I got a 4* healer girl as my first pull but can't remember her name off the top of my head. Is there a Gaf guild for it? If so I'd like to sign up if possible.

The other game I play thats not mentioned so far is Tower of Saviors

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tower-of-saviors/id584713830?mt=8

It started as basically a PAD copy, but they have expanded it alot over the past couple of year. There is a guild system now, multiplayer options, and lots of other stuff.

In terms of Artstyle I always kind of preferred TOS but I enjoy both games.

Looking forward to seeing what GranBlue fantasy, and am hoping we get that Digimon game that was announced alittle while ago.

DesuNe

I'm totally at odds with these games. I play them obsessively for a week or so then realise I should've spent the first day re-doing until I had a decent first free pull, then get depressed that my team is terrible and gradually stop playing. :(

No really which one is good to get into

With it's high production values and fun gameplay I'd say Terra Battle is a great place to start (It was the first game I played). Although you could also just pick what looks interesting to you.

Anyhow, Terra Battle is pretty solid, I personally stopped playing because of the lack of content and deleted my account (a mistake in hindsight) but it has been a while now so I guess there's a lot more content now, at least the first 30 chapters will be nice
and that's all it takes to hook you for life

Also check out the Terra Battle OT.

This Rune Story game is pretty fun so far, somewhat Diablo like and I enjoy the art style. I got a 4* healer girl as my first pull but can't remember her name off the top of my head. Is there a Gaf guild for it? If so I'd like to sign up if possible.

If you make one I'll join it, I've heard of some other people who're also playing it.

I think it's decent so far, maybe I'll write up my thoughts of it later this day.

Azusa

I'm totally at odds with these games. I play them obsessively for a week or so then realise I should've spent the first day re-doing until I had a decent first free pull, then get depressed that my team is terrible and gradually stop playing. :(

There are games like Final Fantasy Record Keeper where you don't need to reroll and all characters are available. There is no best team and you can make a team with your favourite characters.

ReaperXL7

If you make one I'll join it, I've heard of some other people who're also playing it.

I think it's decent so far, maybe I'll write up my thoughts of it later this day.

Alright, Ill have to see what the requirements are to create a new guild since I just started playing it this morning. I'll put one together after I get off work and send out invites to whoever wants to join.

Pirabear

Banned
Play PAD and LL the most. Tried playing Chain Chronicle since it's pretty well liked, but both the UI and the battle system seem kinda...janky?

Interested in Phantom of the Kill and will probably try out Rune Story.

HorseMmeat

Neo Member
Alright, Ill have to see what the requirements are to create a new guild since I just started playing it this morning. I'll put one together after I get off work and send out invites to whoever wants to join.

Count me in as well! Been having fun with it so far!

MiTYH

OMG, I'm in love with these gatcha games. One Piece and Dbz are doing great for me. Just got into chain chronicle too, loving the different character personalities.

P&D I was into for a long time, got out though. Tried to get back in and felt overwhelmed.

With the Fate/Night one would come to US though, it looks fun but I prefer to know the story/what I'm clicking

Have to take a look at more on this list!

EDIT: Also played Terra Battle for a while. It was fun, ish, but lost me I guess

Visceir

With it's high production values and fun gameplay I'd say Terra Battle is a great place to start (It was the first game I played). Although you could also just pick what looks interesting to you.

Anyhow, Terra Battle is pretty solid, I personally stopped playing because of the lack of content and deleted my account (a mistake in hindsight) but it has been a while now so I guess there's a lot more content now, at least the first 30 chapters will be nice
and that's all it takes to hook you for life

Terra Battle was my first and has been pretty much my only one too. I gave Dragon Blaze a try, but the automated battles and gameplay were a turn-off for me.

Terra Battle offers truly unique gameplay, it actually requires you to have some dexterity and move your characters around. Love the artstyle and the soundtrack is jaw-dropping.

Terra Battle was my first and has been pretty much my only one too. I gave Dragon Blaze a try, but the automated battles and gameplay were a turn-off for me.

Terra Battle offers truly unique gameplay, it actually requires you to have some dexterity and move your characters around. Love the artstyle and the soundtrack is jaw-dropping.

What's also nice about Terra Battle is that, while the gameplay is complex, the levels still don't really take that long. It's been a while since I played but I really can't think of a time where I was actually bored playing a level (outside of grinding out my Pact of Fellowship).

I've dropped some games in the past that had levels that just took way too long, PAD is a nice example. Awesome gameplay but spending five+ minutes on just one level isn't really my cup of tea.

kswiston

The only one that has held my attention more than a month or so was Puzzle and Dragons. I go through varying periods of activity on that game, but I have been at least logging in almost daily since Jan 2012. Where every other microtransaction driven game I have tried has become more stingy over time, PAD just becomes increasingly easier to play for free. More free stones, more events, more experience boosting monsters, shorter stamina refresh times, etc, etc.

I've dropped some games in the past that had levels that just took way too long, PAD is a nice example. Awesome gameplay but spending five+ minutes on just one level isn't really my cup of tea.

This has become less of an issue now that 3.5-5x attack leaders are more common, and you have options to boost attack another 2-3x using active skills. Grind dungeons that used to take me 30-90 minutes are now beatable in less than 10. Usually the last level or two are OHKOs.

bjork

I play OPTC, Puzzle and Dragons, and I have a Dragon Ball account (but I just log in for the daily bonuses now, haven't dropped it yet.)

I like OPTC because I enjoy the series and building teams. I want to like Puzzle and Dragons in the same way, but I just can't seem to crack it on the level of anyone else in the OT for it.

I also play one that might not count in the same way, but Drift Spirits is a car racing game where you can use gold (paid for with $ or earned by watching videos and whatnot) to buy tickets that get you random parts and/or new cars. It's simple but fun, so it's right up my alley.

Red Mage

TB lost me when it became apparent that if you didn't have the right type of characters, certain levels were all but impossible. I didn't even have a Dark magic user who wasn't a generic for months. Then the new content came out and you had to grind on all of the old stuff to have a chance at the new levels and I was all 'nope'

Crescende

Banned
I have tried nearly all of them and the only one i really love is "Wonder 5 Masters". I love the fact that there is no combining and fusing heroes. You pull your hero, Level him, equip him, and test them with different Partys/formations till you find something you like.

Really cool game.

There's something really satisfying about seeing someone land on your x12 New York, all his hard earned billions dissapearing

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The game I really want in English is Finger Knights since I couldn't get into Monster Strike.
Such nice art, but had to stop playing since I couldn't read objectives.

I've been playing Terra Battle and Record Keeper daily (to varying degrees) for about six months (ugh, that sounds creepy).

I don't play a lot during what I would consider "prime time," so I guess it's okay.

Top Bottom