• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCVR Game Discussion |Thread| Knocking down the (virtual) walls

SomTervo

Insanity VR

An interesting - albeit short - experience. It's a puzzle horror game, with the twist being loud noises draw the monster, and in order to avoid it you need to get away and not move. Or at least, that's what I think - the game never really explains it to you, I just kinda had to remember what I read about it mid-gameplay.

Things I liked:

- The locomotion mechanic involved pressing both touch pads and swaying your arms back and forth. As silly as this sounds it worked quite well and I got 0 nausea. It also played great into sequences where I needed to run away from the monster because it felt like I was actually running away. I feel like it might be a great locomotion choice if more puzzle horror games similar to amnesia/SOMA get made for VR.
- Was pretty scary but not too scary. Not dark at all and vibrant colors gave me a sense of safety, but that doesn't amount to jack shit when you hear the monster pop out of the closet behind you
- It's free
- Decent puzzles. Liked the
Beethoven's 5th one.

Things I disliked:

- How short it is, I beat it in about 20 minutes. But then again it's free so eh
- Interacting with physics object makes the monster come. That means if you move close to a book or something the wrong way and the physics freak out, you're fucked.
- Writing was nothing to write home about, but again it's just a free short experience.

On the ending -
Unfortunately didn't have much impact for me after all the buildup because I've already seen that kill done in the Hannibal TV show. Although, It was pretty jarring after having no human character models the whole game, which is cool.

To end, would I recommend? Sure, it's free and short, give it a shot for the cool gameplay concepts alone.

Nice impressions! Will be trying this soon.

I love me some arm swinging locomotion. We wanted to add it to Organ Quarter but it was too much work with two systems already in.

Looking forward to trying this out!

Oh god don't leave me guys :(

This is the only VR community I know of and it's where I get all of my recommendations and news. It's my favorite thread and community on GAF even if I don't post too much

Wait did any of you ever end up playing Marshmallow Melee? I just saw that it came out a couple weeks ago

And I don't use Discord much but if that's where this community is migrating to, I'd love a link. You can PM me if you don't want to share it
plz

jediyoshi

Does Echo Arena currently work with Revive? I can play Lone Echo fine, but I get an error connecting message for Echo Arena.

Lakuza

I've created a seperate discord chat for anyone who isn't in the main one.
The current one wasn't locked when the other communities were getting flooded.
If you haven't received any discord link yet, send me a pm and I'll send you a one use invite link. We can share more details in that discord freely that way whilst we wait. If you're in the big reset discord, you should be ok, this is mainly for anyone who missed out on all the discord stuff.

I've created a seperate discord chat for anyone who isn't in the main one.
The current one wasn't locked when the other communities were getting flooded.
If you haven't received any discord link yet, send me a pm and I'll send you a one use invite link. We can share more details in that discord freely that way whilst we wait. If you're in the big reset discord, you should be ok, this is mainly for anyone who missed out on all the discord stuff.

Sent you a PM

Lakuza

theres a 10 min wait time between private messaging so I'm not ignoring you if I haven't replied quick. Aztech can also generate codes too so he may pm you instead of me if i cant send one.

Eirulan

Hi,

I got my Oculus Rift Bundle a few days ago and have been using this thread as my main source of information, tipps and tricks.
Great info in here!
However, I have one question: If a title is available on both the Oculus Store and the Steam Store, is it completely indifferent on which store I buy it or does buying the title at the Oculus Store give me as a Rift user any kind of advantages over the Steam version (e.g. better optimized for the Rift or whatever).

Thanks!

Lakuza

Slowly catching up on the discord requests. sorry about the wait.

Hi,

I got my Oculus Rift Bundle a few days ago and have been using this thread as my main source of information, tipps and tricks.
Great info in here!
However, I have one question: If a title is available on both the Oculus Store and the Steam Store, is it completely indifferent on which store I buy it or does buying the title at the Oculus Store give me as a Rift user any kind of advantages over the Steam version (e.g. better optimized for the Rift or whatever).

Thanks!

theres usually no difference. Most steam games have standard rift support thanks to openvr. So it just comes down to where you prefer your games to be. Even steam exclusive games have rift support most of the time too.

Qassim

Whilst I'm not much of an active participant in the VR threads, they are the threads I come back and read all the time - some of the few in my subscriptions. These threads were the ones I thought I'd miss when it went down.

So if a discord invite could be sent over - that'd be great :)

Lakuza

Still sending links to all those who have requested it, I won't miss anyone. Got a list of names that have requested one :)

feezel, let me know if you still haven't received one yet. I asked aztech to send you one but i think he's offline right now so not sure if you got one or not.

Lakuza

Everyone who has requested one, i've noted your names down. will get an invite to you as soon as i can (theres a 10 minute wait time after sending a private message)
Discord invite would be appreciated.

have you not got yours? I sent you a pm earlier today.

Lakuza

we've had to lock the private one down as the first wave of registration is happening any time soon.

In the mean time, there is the normal vr discussion discord available for normal vr talk, the email tag isn't working for some reason so just request an invite and me or others can give it you by pm.

Anyone will be able to register on reset era once the first wave is done so don't panic if you wanted to get in.

Eirulan

Hi,

I'm considering buying a third sensor for my rift bundle in order to get full 360° tracking.
But it would not be possible to place the rear sensor directly in the back of my play area, I would have to place it on the rear left corner - would this work?

So this is not possible:

*....................*

..........*

... it would be more like:

*....................*

Thanks!

Top Bottom