• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

sjay1994

Another hot take! We're getting so many of those in For Honor discussions tonight. What's with this game that sets off randos?

I honestly think its people who think For Honor is a threat to their soulsborne/Nioh games or are thinking its supposed to be in that genre... when they are different fucking genres.

Everytime I see on GAF someone trying to compare the 2 together I grasp my head in confusion wondering if these people also compare Mario kart to Gran Turismo because they both have cars in them

This might be the first game that I go straight to multiplayer and leave the campaign for later.

I'm gonna stream it for a friend and play it on her time, focus on MP otherwise.

My teammate peacekeeper has already stacked you full of bleeds. You're dead and you don't even know it.

"Heh...not bad, you almost made me use 10% of my bleed damage."

I honestly think its people who think For Honor is a threat to their soulsborne/Nioh games... when they are different fucking genres.

Everytime I see on GAF someone trying to compare the 2 together I grasp my head in confusion wondering if these people also compare Mario kart to Gran Turismo because they both have cars in them

I think that's part of it, and the other part is that people didn't expect this to be a fighting game and it was an ego blow when their 1337 Soulsborne PvP skills don't really apply.

Five

Banned
Another hot take! We're getting so many of those in For Honor discussions tonight. What's with this game that sets off randos?

image.php

Yes sir, they said it would be. Those values are static, supposedly. This is old though, from way back in the first alpha, so hopefully that didn't change.

That's good! Me and my friends really loved the alpha and we're all picking it up day one. Just hoping that we wouldn't be spending a long time grinding for the heroes/fighters we wanted.

sjay1994

I think that's part of it, and the other part is that people didn't expect this to be a fighting game and it was an ego blow when their 1337 Soulsborne PvP skills don't really apply.

Yeah. I wonder how the reviews will go, since most reviewers seem to put emphasis on single player, and even though this is clearly a multiplayer focused game.

Also, the SP's shortcomings make sense when you go "oh, this is a fighting game story mode". Which are basically cutscenes interlaced with fights. And GAF really loves their single player focused games (with the odd MP game like Destiny or Overwatch here and there)

This has been a very weird game for ubi to market. At least outside of GAF people seem to understand its its own thing.

DMONKUMA

Well this is not new for him I guess since he said this recently another thread.

The current version looks so bland. I hope it fails miserably, so bethesda would either get rid of Prey's name or focus on bringing what actually intrigued players in the first place.

There is none. Reviewers are only getting access to it at launch, and reviews will come and go whenever

Wait, there's no review copies being sent out?

Edit: I mean okay I guess for a multiplayer focus game there is no point but there's still single player...

Edit (2): shit I forgot that it's online only =_=

killroy87

Are we sure heroes are free? The video made it sound like maps are free, but heroes are part of the season pass.

Also, it's incredible that people are still waiting on review scores, considering we just had three days to play the hell out of the game and decide for ourselves.

sjay1994

If the game gets a metacritic of 85 or over I'd be happy, but honestly I highly doubt it will.

I feel like reviewers will repeat the same fucking thing that happened with Siege. Claim the game lacks content, focus way to much on the story mode, probably compare it to things like Dark Souls and not understand its its own thing.

And its not that I care about reviews to justify my purchase, but its to stop the inevitible "lul badgame" posts in the review thread when the meta is 75-82 like most ubisoft titles.

_Clash_

I probably played 15 hours of the open beta. And it wired me so hard with intense awesome that one night i couldn't sleep because I was thinking about this game, I'm sort of the morning after the night before on this game and don't know to splash or wait.

But man I just set up my elite with a guard break on a trigger, spent some bucks upgrading the PC and have some time, decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Switch probably incoming too, damn $$

I probably played 15 hours of the open beta. And it wired me so hard with intense awesome that one night i couldn't sleep because I was thinking about this game, I'm sort of the morning after the night before on this game and don't know to splash or wait.

But man I just set up my elite with a guard break on a trigger, spent some bucks upgrading the PC and have some time, decisions, decisions.

YO HOW'D YOU DO THIS I can't find any third party input editors without massive input lag

Ri'Orius

So when you say you have to be online, does that mean I need to have a PSN+ subscription just to play the single-player stuff? I was thinking I'd check the game out if it hits Redbox but if I can't do anything without also buying a sub...

I probably should've gotten in on the beta: was that available for PC, or console (w/online sub) only?

_Clash_

Afraid why? Sounds perfect. I just nab it off the win10 store?

yeah, the store is shit, will change your user profile after you sign in etc, but you will eventually through xbox accessories app get to map elite buttons like X1 app(no keyboard binding however).

_Clash_

Awesome, I'll try it out. And the input lag isn't bad?

In my experience it was pretty sharp, I got a couple hours in trying to rejig the muscle memory and there was no input lag on the triggers to my senses. You'll probably be pleased, my guard break game will see improvement I imagine.

Ferrio

Banned
Looking forward to fighting against Shogukis. Didn't like them when I tried them in alpha, seemed to simplistic. I'd love to be proven wrong, because I like the idea of the class.

Budi

I like the title OP!

Bought the Deluxe Edition from Steam, unfortunate that GMG doesn't sell Steam keys for Ubi games. Could have shaved 15 bucks from the price. But I want most of games in Steam for the different features, especially broadcasting. Looking forward at launch! I'll probably play the campaign before getting back at MP.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I have no interest in the multiplayer, I suppose I'll wait for a discount as I don't think the campaign will be significant.

Top Bottom