• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit Plus Details + Wii Pedal Controller

Fake or third party I assume, but even still I think you can now actually build this:

1413506458_2228ff1271.jpg

from all the wii peripherals.

BGBW said:
See the girl on the bike with a dog. Look at the squashed head bloke behind her. Dodgy third party graphics that.
That's not so much evidence that its fake as that it might be from some no name developer? Who knows. That being said, the OP is the one who uploaded the images likely, so he needs to answer to them.

batbeg

Why is everyone so adamant on it being fake? It's a marketing slide; isn't it by definition not real yet, anyway?

There's no way that pedal controller is Nintendo's. For one, half the Miis in the 'screenshots' don't look like Miis. For two, the wording on the release sounds a bit off. Thirdly, that barbecue picture and the glider with the wings look...well, wrong. Fourthly, Nintendo is including a cycling game (a brilliant one from what I've been told) in Wii Fit Plus.

Not entirely sure whether it's fake or third-party, though.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
SecretBonusPoint said:
Fake or third party I assume, but even still I think you can now actually build this:

1413506458_2228ff1271.jpg

from all the wii peripherals.
You shouldn't steal peoples jokes. At least not so soon. It hasn't even been 24hrs.

-PXG-

This is so fake. The off chance that is real, I hope none of you guys buy that fucking thing. Jesus H...

Somnid

NeoGaf must be stupid today. It doesn't say it's from Nintendo and it doesn't look it either and yet everyone assumes it is and it's fake. It's just some third party game, Nintendo allows Mii access in the SDK it's hardly anything new.

kswiston

I'm at work so I can't check on this thread very often. Sorry for the delay in a follow-up.

Slides originated from a marketing survey. The screen shots were passed on to me but I did upload them. Besides those two games there was another title that sort of looked like that EA active fit game (with the red ribbon).

Not sure which company the pedals come from but the survey did include a video showing off the game and pedals in use. Game looked pretty far along, so I would be surprised if it isn't announced/released by the end of the year. I don't have the vid, and I didn't actually do the survey so I don't have many more details. Sorry. Just thought the images would be interesting.

Yeah, looks real but third party.

I saw another third party peripheral these days. yogo or something with a stepomter where you have to actually move to get the nunchuk to work. :lol

Hobbun

Oh, this looks so fake.

Also, this:

DRock said:
I find it hard to believe that that pedal stays stable while using it...

For the pedal to work well, not only would you need to sit at the right height, but they'd have to make it heavy as hell. I can just see trying to use that thing and it falling/bouncing all over.

Shaheed79 said:
You shouldn't steal peoples jokes. At least not so soon. It hasn't even been 24hrs.

Did I? Great minds think alike I guess! The pedals instantly reminded me of THE VEHICLE when combined with wiimotes, board and sensor and thus the image posting. What topic was it posted in relation to?

Koomaster

I want that bike game and pedal controller to be real. I love cycling in Wii Sports Resort! Need a fuller game based around the cycling. I will buy it even if it is 3rd party!

Captain N said:
I can see how could be looked at as fake, but I wouldn't put it past third party or even Nintendo to make something like this.

Oh yeah definitely. I just thought the "slides" look faked, but I'm sure Nintendo would release something like this, I mean they're releasing a vitality sensor.

Years ago we would of not even discussed a rumor about Nintendo releasing a pedal controller. Now there is actual speculation and discussion. How times have changed.

Koomaster said:
I want that bike game and pedal controller to be real. I love cycling in Wii Sports Resort! Need a fuller game based around the cycling. I will buy it even if it is 3rd party!

dude, i got the perfect peripheral for you!

BikeHard_Carbolite_Dura_Ace_7800_10_Speed_Bicycle.jpg

I owned a controller like this for PC a few years back.

It came with software that took you on virtual cycling trips, responding to your pedaling.

It was a neat concept, but it was all just FMV that paced itself based on your pedaling, which was boring. Something with a bit more interactivity using the Wiimote and some pedals actually might not be a bad idea, as long as the pedals were well-produced.

HUELEN10

My theory: This is real but the slip was made by a marketing focus group. We have seen shitty flyers like this before that are real, but made by a focus group, so it would make some sense to me.

Oli

If they're really coming out with a pedal peripheral, they certainly voided the value of Wii Sports Resort biking mini-game.

dyls

The only real piece of news here is that it looks like Wii Fit + will be $30 rather than $20. Kind of expected, but given the price it will be in Japan I was hoping for $20.

kswiston

Graphics Horse said:
Yep, should have been said in the original post really
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17088107&postcount=66

Added info from that post to the OP. As I said, there was a video for the pedal game, so the peripheral exists in working form. You steer your bike with the wiimote (pretending they are handlebars) while peddling. At least one of the activities involved ramps/jumps. It didn't look all that bad actually if you are into the "Wii ___" style casual games.

meme said:
:lol :lol

You are a genius

And these games are fake. Look at the Miis, they are.. erm... not Miis, they have arms.

Miis in Wii fit had arms. The first game is Wii Fit plus which has already been announced/shown over the last few months.

Thans kswiston,

So am I right in thinking this survey is for the pedal game, with the other two games being used as comparable announced games? I have no knowledge of how these surveys work.

Jokes N Riddles

Neo Member
DigitalA1chemy said:
If it's real I want a new Paperboy game with those pedals. Flick the remote to throw papers.

Fantastic idea.

I'll take the bait and say it's real. Ever since I saw the Wii Pom Pom's at Toys R Us, it just seems to continue to be more and more difficult to genuinely surprise me when it comes to the peripherals these days.

Kobe

Banned
Just buy a real bike and go to the park. What is going on with people today? All these things that Nintendo offers with the Wii fit and add ons have been availible for decades but since now do it on your TV everyone wants in. Society has turned into this anti-social mess.:lol

Top Bottom