• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Zelda: BOTW cancelled for Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griss

Heart attack time for us Wii u diehards.

If true I'm hacking the shit out of my Wii u and doing whatever the fuck I want with it as payback.

varkuriru

I dont know whats worse: cancelled game or having it with a sub par frame rate. I wanted to get it in Wii U so that eventually I can play it in on emulator. Oh well.

zeitgeist

I would be extremely surprised if this happened
but let's be honest, they totally should do it so more people buy the Switch

This would be the ultimate poke in the eye.
I just don't see this happening.
I know it's Nintendo, but there's no way they do this.
Anyone with a jp pre-order corroborate the retailer side of this at all?

GlamFM

Banned
Source looks weak OP.

For what it´s worth - here is the one comment under this post:

Unknown (Mark)
2016-12-14 04:39:06
I work for Gamestop, I confirm we have only listed (for the moment) Zelda for Switch.

RSP

Great way to instantly convert your userbase to the new platform.

I could see Nintendo pulling a stunt like this (or any of the big-three for that matter).

tkscz

I-dont-believe-you.gif

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Absolute bullshit. I'm going to go on an epic rant if this is true. Hold me.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol stupid thread. dont post everything you read on the internet. they have demoed this game on the Wii U for the past year.

Considering that the last time we saw it on the Wii U, the FPS looked horrid. Meanwhile on the Fallon show when they showed it on the SWITCH, it ran really well. Not surprised here.

Ricker

I hope this is not true...I mean give the faithful WiiU owners this game,they deserve it ;)

It's probably almost done no...? why can it so close to release.

Instro

Sounds fake, but I don't really care. I'm probably going to sell my WiiU anyway if a good GS deal comes up after the Switch reveal. Was only planning to get the Switch version anyway.

Having said all that, Nintendo better be offering something amazing to WiiU owners if they fuck them over on this game.

AntMurda

Nintendo doesn't want to piss off the 5,000 Wii U owners who decided to keep their system. You know those die-hard who are pretending they weren't going to buy a Switch.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
No way. I figured the Switch version launching first would be the expected move, but they would be crazy to outright cancel the WiiU version when they spent so much time promoting it.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
well with ゼルダ and ゼルダの伝説 I can't find anything on amazon.co.jp. but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I am not too shocked but if true that is kind of a bummer for those that do not want to hop onto the switch right away but still want to play the new Zelda.

Yeah... I'll believe this one if I see it. They literally just showed Bill Trinen playing the Wii-U version at The Game Awards.

Nah. If tp could get a GameCube release and not stop the wii being an absolute juggernaut, this can get a Wii u version without hurting switch sales.

And we've seen the wii u version played many times already... We probably would have noticed if it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom