• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Needle Drop pioneered music reviews. His other channel was for the alt-rights

Lois_Lane

Very interesting to hear their thoughts. I'm halfway through it. I love these guys! I actually discovered them due to Fantano. Mike says "I told you all that weird meme shit would get him in trouble".
5-10 years ago it was not like this; People could hide behind any meme they wanted with little repercussion. We might go into an era where people won't let memes slide anymore just because they are shitposts.

I notice this on imgur. I browse the front page, and I see these weird "dump" compilations of twitter / tumblr / 4chan / 9gag / facebook / reddit content all mixed in- so you can just watch the dump posts on imgur and get big collections of all the funny stuff, and you see things sneak in as memes that look like bigotry disguised as memes.
Particularly with the "black twitter" memes where I wonder if they are really made by black people. Anyone can go in and appropriate a meme and pretend to be black to get away with making a fucked post/meme. It seems suspicious:I

Yeah, reading it now, I see it.

Don't know enough about his material to say this either way, but what you're saying sounds true. I know enough anecdotes about the amazing atheist to know that he is not just anti-SJW and radical feminism, but genuinely seems to hate women, and I don't know why someone like him is worthy to defend just because he isn't alt right. He is still an asshole.

In his reviews on the needledrop, Anthony doesn't strike me as anti-feminist at all. On the contrary. The way he talks about female artists, about feminist politics on various artists. So what's the deal- He sounds so reasonable and articulate in his reviews, and then he has this all other anti-sjw meme shit? Do you think there is a space between being hateful towards women, and just being knee jerked by tumblr feminists?

Yes, its called being normal. How many men do you see treating women like shit but would never ever say they hate women? Just look at the fucking GOP. If Fantano cared about women then he wouldn't defend someone saying they want to murder Lena Dunham just for her views.

The bare minimum any feminist should be held too is that they should be willing to defend a woman expressing her views. I even think Anne Coulter should be allowed to express her views, though stripped of every single platform she could ever access, without death/rape threats. Tear her ideas down, block her speech, but do not go around saying you want to rape/kill her.

Absent his ability to not toss shitheads overboard invalidates whatever claim he has to "feminism".

Top Bottom