• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burger tops overrated Whataburger as most popular burger in Foursquare.

norm9

eta- Here's the article link- http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article179867551.html

Call it a case of Fake News.

A new study released Thursday from Business Insider and Foursquare named In-N-Out — not Whataburger — the most popular fast food chain in Texas.

Not naming Whataburger would have been brutal enough for Texans. Selecting the West Coast-based chain they love to hate (in favor of Whataburger, of course) was even worse.

The findings, which included a most popular chain for each state, were determined by total visits to each chain ”divided by the number of locations in that state," according to Business Insider.

So it sounds like Whataburger's 669 locations in Texas — compared to In-N-Out's 35 — might have skewed the numbers a bit. Even so, the results did not go over well.

Whataburger, the burger joint is based in Texas, which makes this all the more shocking. The Whataburger twitter account is demanding a recount.

Here's that map for those in the back-

most%20popular%20fastfood%20chain%204x3%201.png

Stay winning, In & Out.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In n Out is shit

Go Cali, you're right, Cane's is the best hands down

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Never ever seen a Cane's here in California. Obviously a mix up in the results that will soon be fixed.

If you do see one, go there asap. you won't regret it.

kris.

Banned
Hahahaha isn't Culver's based out of Wisconsin? They should move their HQ here. Their fried cheese curds are the secret GOAT fast food item.

I don't think anyone is looking to check in at a Whataburger. I'm just looking to go there and stuff my face with a massive burger and hope nobody actually finds out about it.

I don't mind In-N-Out too - especially after discovering the fries are not salted by default and you have to do it yourself. So the fries aren't as much shit as I originally experienced.

Edit: Canes is good too. Although, I get the feeling they have made their chicken strips smaller or something.

jph139

First reaction: Wait, Cali isn't In-N-Out? What a shock.

Second reaction: How is Chick Fil A topping the charts in New England? I've literally never seen one east of NYC.

That measurement seems real dumb. Take South Dakota, for example. There are THREE popeye's locations in the entire state. It's a small state, sure, but even then three is nothing.

JdFoX187

Banned
Whataburger is the most overrated, generic ass-tasting hamburger I've ever eaten. In-and-Out is a breath of fresh air for fast food hamburgers. Only Wendy's bacon mushroom melt beats it out.

Now, Oklahoma-GAF, we need to address the elephant in the room that is shitty Taco Bueno.

As a Hawaii person, that map seems odd to me. Popeye's? We have them only on one island in the whole State and it's not like people ever talk about it.

In-N-Out Burger is continually the most overrated burger whenever it's brought up.

To be fair, Whataburger is terrible, so...

People have bad taste.

Lol anyone who is accepting this without looking how they came up with the answer should read the study they used.

It is sooooooo fucking dumb.

People: this 'study' is worthless shit.

They are taking 'visits' (which near as I can tell is Four Square check-ins) and dividing it by the total number of locations. Somehow they even count restaurants that have less than 10 locations in the entire state, like Raising Canes in CA.

It is TRAAAAAAASH clickbait bullisht

Top Bottom