• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Arrrammis

One small thing that I've gotten tired of recently is a part of the group feature. I invite a friend and we group up, but every time I back out of matchmaking it completely disbands the group. We want to take a bit longer between to matches or change the playlist, not disband! I don't know how easy it is to fix, just thought I'd bring it up.

Dear teammates, upload the bonus' next time and not go after the Auto Titans

unknown.png

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Around 1200 to 1800 on average when I play.

You can find a match in almost every mode without having to wait over a minute.

Yup , matches are quick to find, I have seen it as high as 3K during the day. Usually around 1500-1800 when I play at night.

thanks, bought it a few hours ago. its amazing how different the game is on pc, all of a sudden i'm flying around the maps and slide hopping everywhere like it's nothing. feels so good after spending so much time on the ps4 ver. :)

never used SMGs much on ps4 but alternator has quickly become my go-to weapon here.

SwolBro

Banned
thanks, bought it a few hours ago. its amazing how different the game is on pc, all of a sudden i'm flying around the maps and slide hopping everywhere like it's nothing. feels so good after spending so much time on the ps4 ver. :)

never used SMGs much on ps4 but alternator has quickly become my go-to weapon here.

can you stop throwing it in our faces?

gawd.

Izuna

Banned
The next update is going to be big, I can feel it.

Did any big changes happen since the 24/7 Colony update? Haven't played since, been on the original.

Drifters

So....

Been out of the game now for almost a month; Don't think I'll hit the speed I was playing at again just because I don't have the time. I did pick up a pub game, switch to grapple hook, amped weapons and Ion (zero point trip, grand cannon) and I literally tore the team a new a-hole. 160 of which the 2nd highest was 110; I can't tell if I was lucky or if the game is that wildly out of balance now.

grendelrt

I really wish Respawn would start putting some kind of penalty in for dropping games. It destroys LTS and Live Fire matches when people constantly quit.

Also any way to report people other than through Origin? Every time I see this guy he spams the chat and is generally just a real dick to other players.

nSM1ycN.jpg

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
BF1 is having serious keyboard input issues, so I gave this game some time this weekend.

It might just be the most satisfying multiplayer fps I have ever played.

But you have to suffer until you learn the mechanics of the game, and you could fill a book with all the stuff you could do. And I've seen things. People killing me in all sorts of fucked up ways.

The only issues I found:

- Netcode seems great except in Melee duels. Its a hit or miss.

- Cant get fullscreen mode to run at my screen native refresh rate (1440p 144hz). It always defaults to 60hz. Had to go around this by adding some shortcut commands to enable windowed borderless, which does play at 144hz but adds some latency to the mouse.

- The issue above brings attention to the fact why these options are not in the game menu for graphics options. Had to search the web to find the shortcut commands.

amdb00mer

BF1 is having serious keyboard input issues, so I gave this game some time this weekend.

It might just be the most satisfying multiplayer fps I have ever played.

But you have to suffer until you learn the mechanics of the game, and you could fill a book with all the stuff you could do. And I've seen things. People killing me in all sorts of fucked up ways.

The only issues I found:

- Netcode seems great except in Melee duels. Its a hit or miss.

- Cant get fullscreen mode to run at my screen native refresh rate (1440p 144hz). It always defaults to 60hz. Had to go around this by adding some shortcut commands to enable windowed borderless, which does play at 144hz but adds some latency to the mouse.

- The issue above brings attention to the fact why these options are not in the game menu for graphics options. Had to search the web to find the shortcut commands.

I have noticed this as well. Pisses me off when I get two melee swings off and they seem like phantom punches, but the other guy gets one off and i'm down for the count.

grendelrt

I have noticed this as well. Pisses me off when I get two melee swings off and they seem like phantom punches, but the other guy gets one off and i'm down for the count.

I thnk its all latency, same reason people warp to you on ocassion on melee hits. Server is tracking slightly off on each person. My ping has only increased since launch, I normally sit anywhere from 60-80 ping right now even though two servers are in my state and I have 15ms ping to them. For months my ping was 30-40ms, now its 60-80ms, I dont know if its due to the matchmaking moving servers to find games or what.

Dez_

Trailer looks really great! I just got back into the multiplayer after a bit of a break playing some of the other big name titles that have been recently released, and this game is still so much fun to play.

Trying to relearn how to Northstar again. That moment when you hit the hover button when you mean to lay down a mine... I do that way too often, since I mostly play Ion.

Alx

Yay ziplines ! ^^
I took a break from the game to play a bit of solo games, but I'll probably get back to it once the new content is available. Or maybe sooner than that. :)

That was a pretty cool trailer.

So based on the roadmap probably Relic and the other Live Fire map in June?

So let's just say July for new Titan, Frontier Defense.... and at least a map double pack... right guys? Right? *wink wink nudge nudge*

I wonder how MFD will play, with the orange glow you could argue that everybody is already marked for death :)

Arrrammis

Hey all, I was kind of bored so I dug through my older clips and made a compilation out of my personal favorites, check it out: https://youtu.be/-aWIARJmhWs

Sorry for the lack of music, I couldn't get that part working very well. May rework it at some point. Also, I'm still annoyed that the PS4 records at 720p instead of 1080p.

Dez_

Hey all, I was kind of bored so I dug through my older clips and made a compilation out of my personal favorites, check it out: https://youtu.be/-aWIARJmhWs

Sorry for the lack of music, I couldn't get that part working very well. May rework it at some point. Also, I'm still annoyed that the PS4 records at 720p instead of 1080p.

Pretty nice. Since I've been trying to go back to Northstar, those clips show you playing pretty aggressively for a sniper class titan. I try to play the range game, but tend to get a bit tunnel vision and panic hop when someone (Ronin) sneaks up on me.

What's the population like on PS4 just now? I've been putting off trying out TF2 online multiplayer... am I too late to get involved? I suck at competitive FPS so I expect a world of hurt, or hate.

VeeP

What's the population like on PS4 just now? I've been putting off trying out TF2 online multiplayer... am I too late to get involved? I suck at competitive FPS so I expect a world of hurt, or hate.

You'll be fine. From what I read on these forums at peak hours there is over 10,000 people online.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The new map looks sexy, in fact I remember asking for a map inspired by the training level from the campaign earlier on. This one looks to be much better than the training level map from the first game.

Top Bottom