• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dangan Ronpa (Super High School Level) English Translation Patch Released (PSP)

kewlmyc

Started it just to make sure it works. Seems like it does. Only played up to the first save, but I'm going to really get into this tomorrow. Need to at least get a bit far since the anime is starting soon.

In PPSSPP, if you have the game paused for too long, the text will get messed up. To fix that, just pause and unpause the game until it goes back to normal. This and what I stated in my previous post are the only problems I've come across.

ALSO:

For those wanting to play on PPSSPP, all you need to do is go to the ppsspp .ini file and change "FramebuffersToMem = False" to "FramebuffersToMem = True". It should work then. Occasionally it will crash when the videos are playing (usually the executions) if you're in fullscreen mode, so I would do a quicksave after the trial is over.

Only if you're on NVIDIA cards.

AMD cards still have issues with the current builds even with hack on. Will be evident once
you get trapped in your bedroom. The scanning is all wrong. (e.g. scanning the roller with instead scan the notepad). You will be unabled to leave your room as a result.

Will be rectified in the near future, a new fix (CPUConvert = True) is currently being tested (I'm involved with the process personally as a tester of the fix, it works nicely with my ATI card):-

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/1686#issuecomment-20310361

You can even compile the fix yourself if you know a bit about git and Visual Studio.

Stuck on second trial.
The word forming mini game. I believe I have to say that the writer girl has Dual Personality Disorder but that ain't happening. Three letters, it has accepted D and I. I've tried most it has thrown at me but I don't know.

Edit: nvm got it I'm dumb

Rhapsody

Banned
I know this thread hasn't had any activity for a short while, but I just finished it (at a rather leisurely pace too).

The game was really fun and enjoyable to go through. Some of the mysteries were easy to pinpoint who did it, but trying to figure out the motive and all methods was really nice since they do give you all the information to figure it all out. The pacing was great too in this game. I can't recall any spots where I felt tired or wanted a break from playing.

Also, I really liked some of the dialogue occurring in Free Time activities since (some of the ones I did) foreshadowed stuff. Like others pointed out, Hagakure's did. Same goes for Chihiro. I didn't find any with the others, but I don't think I hung out with them enough.

Friendly reminder that this just started airing

tumblr_mpfottLpsc1qhhv13o1_r1_400.gif

I know this thread hasn't had any activity for a short while, but I just finished it (at a rather leisurely pace too).

The game was really fun and enjoyable to go through. Some of the mysteries were easy to pinpoint who did it, but trying to figure out the motive and all methods was really nice since they do give you all the information to figure it all out. The pacing was great too in this game. I can't recall any spots where I felt tired or wanted a break from playing.

Also, I really liked some of the dialogue occurring in Free Time activities since (some of the ones I did) foreshadowed stuff. Like others pointed out, Hagakure's did. Same goes for Chihiro. I didn't find any with the others, but I don't think I hung out with them enough.

Well, on hindsight, "Junko's" kinda does in the sense that now you see how off some things are.

Rhapsody

Banned
Well, on hindsight, "Junko's" kinda does in the sense that now you see how off some things are.
Unfortunately I never got to hang out with her. Hung out with Sayaka and luckily Leon a bit though before the murder.
And I'd suggest playing the game instead of watching the anime because it's not very good.
I've been suggesting to everyone I know that watch anime to just read it. The adaptation's going to be fine all of us that already have, but for newcomers, it just glides over so much. I'm expecting missing clues, less time for development, and too much focus on certain clues making it too easy to figure out.
I've yet to see an anime adaption of a visual novel/adventure game that wasn't disappointing.
For me, it's only Clannad, Kanon, and Amagami that I liked (I've never read the original for Amagami though).
Never found an action one that was faithful though.

Oh, and like Colossal said, S;G too. So I guess there's a good "action" one.

I've been suggesting to everyone I know that watch anime to just read it. The adaptation's going to be fine all of us that already have, but for newcomers, it just glides over so much. I'm expecting missing clues, less time for development, and too much focus on certain clues making it too easy to figure out.

With only 13 episodes I have no hope at all it won't be a rushed mess.

wrowa

I'm still in the first chapter, but I have a hard time warming up to the characters so far. It feels like they've chosen the worst types of tropes to put into the game ... and I don't understand why anyone of them would be considered as the hope of the world. Instead of smart people, they've got martial art fighters, otakus and idols.

Hope things are still going to be mixed up a little.

I'm still in the first chapter, but I have a hard time warming up to the characters so far. It feels like they've chosen the worst types of tropes to put into the game ... and I don't understand why anyone of them would be considered as the hope of the world. Instead of smart people, they've got martial art fighters, otakus and idols.

Well, the point is that the students there are the best of the best at what they do, and every one of them can cobtribute to society in their own way with their talent. Scholars are important to the world, yeah, but that doesn't make everyone else's contribution to it meaningless when it comes to inspiring people and giving them hope.

Haunted

Where can the Let's Play the OP mentions be found? And is it complete?

It also helps that their translation wasn't stuff like "I am Naegi Makoto-san and I was selected for Kibougamine Academy and am now struggling with Monokuma-sama."
I don't have a problem with super duper, but leaving in Japanese honorifics is pretty cringeworthy.

i'm thinking this's a case of being intentionally ironic. i'm finding it all to be enjoyably dumb :) ...

so damn happy to actually be getting to play this! props & thanks to the translation team...

PsionBolt

I'm quite interested in how the anime will turn out... From the first episode, it seems to be mostly faithful to the game, but in strange ways. Every CG and character sprite are perfectly recreated, but the pace is amped up and certain events combined / condensed. It might work out, or might not, but I haven't lost hope yet.

flowsnake

I don't have a problem with super duper, but leaving in Japanese honorifics is pretty cringeworthy.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but what he said was incorrect anyway. One translation uses honorifics (the SA one) and the other one uses Monokuma and Kibougamine.

tokkun

You also have to remember this seems to be the official title given to these kids by the school. Hope's Peak has a habit for giving bombastic sounding names that are utterly ridiculous when you think about them to all sorts of things. 超高校級 sounds almost a serious, official title, but just almost. This is where the Super Duper thing breaks for me and also where I think my own Super High-school Level answers every one of these points decently. I wouldn't use "class" in there - these kids are supposed to be top field talents on their own right, regardless of the class they're in.

If that's the motivation, did you consider the term "Elite" then, instead of "Super"?

It would actually be a pun, since "elite high school" is a real term in English, unlike "super high school". Similarly, "elite level" is more natural in English than "super/super-high level when talking about someone's skills. "Elite high school level luck" does sound almost serious, whereas "Super high school level luck" is still awkward and silly-sounding.

wrowa

I actually don't get the hate for honorfics. As long as they are used appropriately I'm absolutely fine with them. Appropriately means in this case that the game/anime/whatever has to take place in a Japanese setting, but if that's the case I don't see the problem. In a game like Persona they add a nice cultural flavor, I think.

Finished the game today, REALLY liked it. Too bad that
the maleficient blabla isn't really explained, I've read that the sequel talks about it but IS NOT TRANSLATED YET :(
I was wondering, is there a list of the presents you can give to the characters? And giving them the right items unlocks other skills? Or some scenes?

Fisico

This is the same game that's getting localized on the Vita sometime in the future?

Yes

Currently in the middle of chapter 3, good pacing I was glad when I saw what happened in chapter 1
"I'm sure you have no problem hanging ou with Maizono right ?" YES I DO, THAT WAS OBVIOUS SHE WAS A BITCH

The anime is horrrible btw, even worse that the Devil Survivor 2 that aired previous season.

Chapter 2 beat. This fuckin game....

I'm going to be an emotional wreck by the time this is over, aren't I? I'm loving it.

just finished chapter 2 also. anyone who likes the ace attorney &/or zero escape games needs to play this! :) very demented, & really well done (both the game itself, & the localization)...

So for anyone that's finished the game, is this going to hit me with a big "to be continued" or whatever? Or will mostly everything be resolved and the 2nd game is a similar scenario rather than a straight continuation?

Starting case 2 trial now. Man, if
Togami is the culprit
I will be seriously dissapointed considering
he is supposed to be some super intelligent guy and this might be the most obvious villain in any mystery in a while.
I hope the game surprises me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Did you get the series of incosistencies or something? Its a new evidence you get in the trial. I think you use that one

Yeah but I've tried that and none of them were the right one... or rather, I'm not sure which one matches to the correct one.

Psi

The part where I have to contradict the vinyl sheet during the nonstop debate.

That sounds like the part where
you have to point out that the clean side of the vinyl would have blood on it. I think it was in the autopsy report, or whatever says the blood on the body was still wet. If I understand what you're saying.

Hattori

Banned
So for anyone that's finished the game, is this going to hit me with a big "to be continued" or whatever? Or will mostly everything be resolved and the 2nd game is a similar scenario rather than a straight continuation?

it's not necessarily a cliffhanger, but it does make you want to know what happens next.

it's not necessarily a cliffhanger, but it does make you want to know what happens next.

So the sequel is a continuation of that? Bah, and of course we have no idea if that would even be localized.

Even if I don't have a Vita by the time the game hits, I'm buying it anyway.

Droplet

Finished the game today, REALLY liked it. Too bad that
the maleficient blabla isn't really explained, I've read that the sequel talks about it but IS NOT TRANSLATED YET :(
I was wondering, is there a list of the presents you can give to the characters? And giving them the right items unlocks other skills? Or some scenes?

I'm sure this won't help you since you've completed the game, but there is a chart here that shows you which presents to give to who (there are chapter 2 spoilers present on the chart, so be careful). I'm actually wondering if there's a way to figure out character locations during free time. I found myself constantly looking through random rooms to find people.

Anyway, I've just finished chapter 4. I'm liking the game so far, although I am annoyed by
Kirigiri's constant helping you through cases. It feels like most trials have boiled down to repeating after either her or Togami when it would be fairly easy to have the player reason through things instead.

Well I just beat it... now to process it for a bit in my head... hmm...

just beat it as well. & am still having my head processed by it :) ...

seriously insane & unique experience. loved just about everything about it (tho them machinegun bits toward the end got a little nasty). crazy, given the popularity here of ace attorney / zero escape, that this game didn't already make it over, because it's most worthy of being in their company...

again, props to the translation team. thanks for the great time! :) ...

Chapter 3 beat.
Execution was kind of underwhelming compared to the first 2. Still brutal though, just not as painful to watch.

That being said, WAT!!??

Top Bottom