• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that "The Crew 2" has been announced...

Falchion

I have no doubt they'll nail the setting since the map of the first was spectacular, I just want the actual driving to be fun and it was not at all in the original. Take a page out of Forza Horizon's book and have a grounded, yet somewhat arcade feel, not the floaty feeling of the first.

Modoru

More to explore is a given, perhaps better car variety that isn't gated behind an expansion or dlc.

I guess handling could improve, but honestly I played enough of the game to get a feel for it and it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be. 😕

The story was pretty dumb, maybe they could try something else.

I forgot to mention, I also hope they take out all the cluttering non-functional crap from the map. Like why exactly where there train stations and airports, when you could just fast travel on the map?

tim.mbp

I forgot to mention, I also hope they take out all the cluttering non-functional crap from the map. Like why exactly where there train stations and airports, when you could just fast travel on the map?

Quick travels to places you haven't been. Like the coaches in Skyrim.

I'm interested in a car game in a beautiful open world, but everything else... but the handling, attitude and kind of story they are telling, I don't think they can win me over.

The biggest thing they should do is aim for a higher fidelity in graphics and sound that can compete with Forza Horizon 3 on XB1, when their game runs on a PS4 Pro. With NFS focused on night and city, the PS4 is missing a title that fills that Forza Horizon gap.

What we just saw in the Ubisoft Conference looks very promising.

Cinematic trailer:

Gameplay

Cinematic trailers are so pointless, but that gameplay trailer looks unreal. The physics still look like something from an early '00s Need for Speed game, so hopefully that gets fixed a little. I'm not looking for realism in a game where every car has magically refilling nitro that makes turning easier, but something that doesn't feel quite as cartoonish as the first would be cool. The first one was actually surprisingly fun, although I wouldn't shed a tear if the "Always Online" portion went away; always found that pretty annoying.

cooldawn

I am sad these games are so underrated here :(
Yep...much prefer to play The Crew than Need for Speed...or most other open-world games for that matter. The sense of place is astonishing (I'm playing The Crew way too much lately).

Loving the new disciplines and the visual overhaul looks stunning. Anyways...I got loads they need to adderss from The Crew but that's for another time.

Early 2018 though...that's too long!

Top Bottom