• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest: Builders |OT| - "If you build it, they will come."

Avallon

Preordered from Amazon and GameStop for the DLC. Returning one copy to GameStop because fuck retailer exclusive DLC.

-NeoTB1-

My copy just arrived. I'm having the same pre-order DLC issues as others. The code Amazon sent me isn't working. I fired off an email to them about it.

Hobbun

Been looking forward to this game for awhile now, will be picking it up after work today.

My copy just arrived. I'm having the same pre-order DLC issues as others. The code Amazon sent me isn't working. I fired off an email to them about it.

What DLC issues? Is it just for Amazon? Will be picking it up through Gamestop.

-NeoTB1-

Been looking forward to this game for awhile now, will be picking it up after work today.

What DLC issues? Is it just for Amazon? Will be picking it up through Gamestop.

I can't speak for other retailers, but yes, so far the ones I have heard about are all from Amazon.

Nags

Banned
Yup, that micro-stutter is definitely present when holding an object on the PS4 version. It's not bad... but if that doesn't happen on the JP version I would really appreciate a fix for this version.

Hobbun

I can't speak for other retailers, but yes, so far the ones I have heard about are all from Amazon.

Ok, thanks.

Yup, that micro-stutter is definitely present when holding an object on the PS4 version. It's not bad... but if that doesn't happen on the JP version I would really appreciate a fix for this version.

Was this something you noticed on the demo (if you played it)? I didn't notice any stutter when I played it. Not saying it wasn't there, but if it's something I did not notice, then I am ok with it for the PS4 version.

Ferr986

Ok, thanks.

Was this something you noticed on the demo (if you played it)? I didn't notice any stutter when I played it. Not saying it wasn't there, but if it's something I did not notice, then I am ok with it for the PS4 version.

It was on the demo yeah. It's a bug from the western version.

Nags

Banned
Ok, thanks.

Did not play the demo. Wasn't there only a demo for the vita version though?

Tweet at square enix or something please if you want it fixed. This has barely been mentioned in reviews or in social media, so at the moment they might not even know or care.

Nags

Banned
Where can I see my DLC list on PS4 again? Ever since they changed the UI it's been a bitch to find.

Tweet at square enix or something please if you want it fixed. This has barely been mentioned in reviews or in social media, so at the moment they might not even know or care.
Don't have a twitter account, but I guess I should make one anyway.

Looking forward to this. Unfortunately there was a mix up with an old credit card on Amazon so my copy won't arrive until tomorrow, but I wasn't planning on playing until Friday anyway. More time for DQVII while I wait!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome, thanks. It's holding any object really.

Give it a few hours, store hasn't totally updated yet.

Ah OK. Well hopefully it gets the point across. I'm buying the game regardless since the issue isn't game breaking. But I really do hope that SE fixes it. The demo was seriously fun and I'm thrilled to have a game like this come stateside.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sooo anyone having trouble getting their pre-order code from amazon?

I'm talking to support now and they told me I don't qualify for the code???

I pre-ordered the day one edition for PS4... wtf. My order was from Sept, well in advance of release.

sigh, well I got them to put in a request with their 'promotional team' to send me the code... they claim that I don't qualify. Sometimes you just get a really bad support person... bleh

mauaus

broke the game an hour in... Im supposed to cook mushrooms in a kitchen i just made and when i do i cant complete the quest Rolli wont acknowledge that i made them

Rizzi

This week is pretty good for games I never thought would get localised. DQ Builders tomorrow, and Yokai Watch 2 on Saturday.

Unknown?

This game is a surprise gem! I was kinda interested but it wasn't until I played the demo before I realized how awesome it was! Just got the full game and am right where the demo left off. So good!!

Hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel and this is coming from someone who couldn't get into Minecraft.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This game is a surprise gem! I was kinda interested but it wasn't until I played the demo before I realized how awesome it was! Just got the full game and am right where the demo left off. So good!!

Hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel and this is coming from someone who couldn't get into Minecraft.

It really does feel like Minecraft with a purpose so far.
Of course, the DQ theming is a fantastic bonus for DQ fans like myself.

Man.... I'm torn between this and Tomb Raider.

Already played the Xbox One version once, but hated the controls.

What should I do guys?

Mashing

Hmmm, this sounds like the builder game for me. I don't like Minecraft because it gives the player too much freedom (and next to no direction). I'm not a very creative person and not very artistic so any creations I come up with are pretty mundane. I'm also a fan of DQ so that helps too.

mjc

Hmmm, this sounds like the builder game for me. I don't like Minecraft because it gives the player too much freedom (and next to no direction). I'm not a very creative person and not very artistic so any creations I come up with are pretty mundane. I'm also a fan of DQ so that helps too.

This is definitely more in line with what you're looking for. The story guides you, and the blueprints can at least give you a starting point to build off of.

I loved playing Minecraft for a while because of the sense of exploration, but that eventually wore off. I get what you're saying.

Slime

Banned
Wasn't going to get it because it comes to like $90 in Canada, but after getting hooked on the demo I couldn't resist. The new Amazon pre-order discount helps too, but it's still way more than I'd like to spend on new games.

Don't even know if I'm going to play it any time soon, though. Still neck deep in DQVII.

Was so excited to play this tonight, but ups has to come tomorrow because for some reason my apartment office was closed today. I seen the ups guy too, but had no idea the office was closed lol.

HeeHo

Knowing that everything you do will be permanent makes the experience even more fun, as in, you're not going to waste time building up a town and have to start over.

I am basically at the point where the demo ended. Beat the Dragon way faster this time too. Small things are different in the full game like an arch being present before the Dragon fight.

I might be doing something wrong but I don't seem to be getting town points from mushrooms or flowers.

Top Bottom