• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

I have thought of it but I don't want to drop anyone right now. I'll take the chance week 1

yeah I know the feeling since DST is kind of a crapshoot anyway. That and our work league did a 12 man league last year (we did a 10 this year) and there was honestly no players on waivers so I get the feeling of not wanting to drop anyone either

ZoronMaro

Joining the thread hoping I can pick up some tips. I got drug into a family league and I've never paid attention to pro football so I know none of these names. Half my family doesn't pay attention either though so I think I have a chance. Just hearing about tiers already makes me feel like I have an edge.

I'll post my team after we draft, I hope GAF can guide me to smashing the sport obsessed half of my family.

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Demarco Murray, Lamar Miller
WR: Julio Jones, Doug Baldwin
Flex: Martavis Bryant
TE: Greg Olsen
K: Adam Vinatieri
DEF: Falcons (streaming, matchup against Bears Week 1)

BN: Mike Gillislee, Jeremy Maclin, Willie Snead, Derrick Henry, LeGarrette Blount, Donte Moncrief

10 team, .5 PPR league, bonuses for 300 yd passing, 150 yd receiving/running.

Other than Cam, I'm pretty pleased with the team? I was 6th pick out of 10. Need to consider a backup for QB but I suppose I'll dig a few weeks in once the dust settles on potential valuable players.

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Demarco Murray, Lamar Miller
WR: Julio Jones, Doug Baldwin
Flex: Martavis Bryant
TE: Greg Olsen
K: Adam Vinatieri
DEF: Falcons (streaming, matchup against Bears Week 1)

BN: Mike Gillislee, Jeremy Maclin, Willie Snead, Derrick Henry, LeGarrette Blount, Donte Moncrief

10 team, .5 PPR league, bonuses for 300 yd passing, 150 yd receiving/running.

Other than Cam, I'm pretty pleased with the team? I was 6th pick out of 10. Need to consider a backup for QB but I suppose I'll dig a few weeks in once the dust settles on potential valuable players.

carson palmer has a relatively easy schedule the first couple of weeks and he went undrafted in our 10 man league

Wubbles

Neo Member
Well, just finished my 12 team, 0.5 PPR draft. Drafted at the 11th spot and here's how it went for me...

Round 1: AJ Green
Round 2: DeMarco Murray
Round 3: Michael Crabtree
Round 4: Kareem Hunt
Round 5: Frank Gore
Round 6: Ameer Addullah
Round 7: Willie Snead
Round 8: Zack Ertz
Round 9: Andy Dalton
Round 10: Jacquizz Rodgers
Round 11: Sterling Shepard
Round 12: Cole Beasley
Round 13: Samaje Perine
Round 14: Robby Anderson
Round 15/16: Grabbed whatever the best Defense and Kicker was for streaming

I'm not sure who I should start Week 1 as my RB2 and FLEX.I have...Hunt, Gore, Abdullah, Jacquiz as viable options. Maybe Snead. Maybe even Shepard of OBJ doesn't play.

So far I'm going with Jacquiz and Hunt based on matchups.

Got taken in ours. Eli Manning is probably best available, but hard to count on him as an every week starter. We'll see.

I drafted Eli last year and won't ever pick him up again for that reason. Brian Hoyer is a serviceable quarterback but i'd only consider him if Cam totally poops his pants though

I've got my $$$ league off-line draft tomorrow morning.. "lucked" into the 12/12 spot. On one hand it sucks because all the #1 stars are going to be gone, but on the other I get two picks at a time, so if there are two players I'm debating between I can just grab both. But I miss like all the teens and 20s players.

Trying to figure out who will fall to me.. for some reason QB's always get taken quick in this league. Guessing Rodgers and maybe Brady will go in the first round. Insane people.

I am thinking maybe I'll end up with Melvin Gordon/AJ Green or something. I don't think Zeke will fall all the way to 36, but I don't feel right taking him 12/13 either.

I've got my $$$ league off-line draft tomorrow morning.. "lucked" into the 12/12 spot. On one hand it sucks because all the #1 stars are going to be gone, but on the other I get two picks at a time, so if there are two players I'm debating between I can just grab both. But I miss like all the teens and 20s players.

Trying to figure out who will fall to me.. for some reason QB's always get taken quick in this league. Guessing Rodgers and maybe Brady will go in the first round. Insane people.

I am thinking maybe I'll end up with Melvin Gordon/AJ Green or something. I don't think Zeke will fall all the way to 36, but I don't feel right taking him 12/13 either.

#12 in my league went Michael Thomas and Amari Cooper. Melvin was gone at 9 but if QB's are being picked in the first..he may be there.

Where is davante parker getting drafted in all your leagues? I don't want to miss snagging him, so I might have to reach early to secure him.

Snake draft later tonight, I have the fifth pick.

If Julio is available, I'm taking him, but I'm expecting it to be between OBJ and Shady. Who would you guys take between those two?

12 team, PPR.

If Julio is available, I'm taking him, but I'm expecting it to be between OBJ and Shady. Who would you guys take between those two?

12 team, PPR.

I don't trust the Bills, like, at all.

I took Parker in the 7th round of a 10 team 0.5 PPR league, and he went for $14 in a FAAB GAF league for what its worth.

Doomsayer

Finished my draft, 10 team league with the 7th pick. Someone took OBJ at number 2, he was my first choice. Standard PPR.

QB:
Cam Newton
Derek Carr

RB:
D. Murray
Lamar Miller
Joe Mixon
Doug Martin
James White

WR:
AJ Green
Jarvis Landry,
Tyreke Hill
Kevin White
Corey Coleman
Mike Wallace

TE:
Jimmy Graham

K:
Dan Bailey

D/ST:
Texans

I'm pretty heavy at WR right now, probably going to use 1 of them to try and get a B-tier running back. I might be a little weak at RB.

Doran902

12 team, PPR.

I would take OBJ over Shady. I don't trust Buffalo to even try this year.

ZoronMaro

Alright just finished draft, I tried to follow tiers, but couldn't keep up with how fast players were disappearing (everyone either knew their shit it seemed or was on autopick, except me), but the projections have me getting the most points for some reason so it can't be that bad right?

QB
Russel Wilson
Kirk Cousins

RB
Devonta Freeman
Melvin Gordon
Todd Gurley
Isaiah Crowell
Carlos Hyde
Mark Ingram

WR
Antonia Brown
Allen Robinson
Jeremy Maclin

TE
Greg Olsen
Jimmy Graham
Zach Ertz

D/ST
Panthers

K
Mason Crosby

At the very least I'd like to drop a TE for a WR, and I should probably drop some RBs for an extra kicker and Defense. Does anyone have any 2 cents?

Alright just finished draft, I tried to follow tiers, but couldn't keep up with how fast players were disappearing (everyone either knew their shit it seemed or was on autopick, except me), but the projections have me getting the most points for some reason so it can't be that bad right?

QB
Russel Wilson
Kirk Cousins

RB
Devonta Freeman
Melvin Gordon
Todd Gurley
Isaiah Crowell
Carlos Hyde
Mark Ingram

WR
Antonia Brown
Allen Robinson
Jeremy Maclin

TE
Greg Olsen
Jimmy Graham
Zach Ertz

D/ST
Panthers

K
Mason Crosby

At the very least I'd like to drop a TE for a WR, and I should probably drop some RBs for an extra kicker and Defense. Does anyone have any 2 cents?

How many of each player are you starting?

QB
Russel Wilson
Kirk Cousins

RB
Devonta Freeman
Melvin Gordon
Todd Gurley
Isaiah Crowell
Carlos Hyde
Mark Ingram

WR
Antonia Brown
Allen Robinson
Jeremy Maclin

TE
Greg Olsen
Jimmy Graham
Zach Ertz

D/ST
Panthers

K
Mason Crosby

Holy hell, how many people are in your league? Even for a 8 man league, your team is insane. You literally have 3 top 10 picks

I've been offered Kareem Hunt for DeAndre Hopkins...what do you guys think?

My WRs: OBJ, Hopkins, Martavis Bryant, Diggs, Tyrell Williams
My RBs: Lamar Miller, McCaffrey, CJ Anderson, Dion Lewis, Perine, Jamaal Williams

ZoronMaro

How many of each player are you starting?

2 RBs and WRs
1 of everything else including +1 flex

I was under the impression that was standard is it not? Since we're non-PPR I figured it was better to have excess RBs, but I lost track of how many I had and went overboard haha. The 3rd TE was also a complete accident cause I forgot I already had 2 on the last round.

Holy hell, how many people are in your league? Even for a 8 man league, your team is insane. You literally have 3 top 10 picks

Is it? Yea it's an 8-man, but I know they were saying my sister (on auto-draft) got 3 of the top 6. I know my mom and dad who know football, but not fantasy football were picking QB on the first round and doing other reaching, so I think the rest of us got beefed up cause of that.

BradC00

rate my two teams so far please:

1 PPR 12 team:

Starters:
Big Ben
Tonio Brown
B Cooks
J Howard
Dalvin Cook
Jordan Reed
Sam Watkins
Prater

Bench: Gillie Suit, McFadden, Rawls, Rishard Matthews, T. West, Cooper Kupp

Standard 10 Team:

Starters:
Brady
Odell
Jordy
Dalvin Cook
C Hyde
J Reed
G Tate
Sebastian

Bench: Eifert, Gore, Snead, Rishard Matthews, Rawls, R Kelley

Defenses will most likely be streamed every week unless a waiver wire stud comes up.

2 RBs and WRs
1 of everything else including +1 flex

I was under the impression that was standard is it not? Since we're non-PPR I figured it was better to have excess RBs, but I lost track of how many I had and went overboard haha. The 3rd TE was also a complete accident cause I forgot I already had 2 on the last round.

Is it? Yea it's an 8-man, but I know they were saying my sister (on auto-draft) got 3 of the top 6. I know my mom and dad who know football, but not fantasy football were picking QB on the first round and doing other reaching, so I think the rest of us got beefed up cause of that.
If it helps, I put your team in the footballguys rate my team feature (assuming standard rules). 3 of the 4 critics give you a 90% of making the playoffs and the last one gives you a 99% chance, assuming you stay on top of things. That's pretty damn good...

rate my two teams so far please:

1 PPR 12 team:

Starters:
Big Ben
Tonio Brown
B Cooks
J Howard
Dalvin Cook
Jordan Reed
Sam Watkins
Prater

Bench: Gillie Suit, McFadden, Rawls, Rishard Matthews, T. West, Cooper Kupp

Standard 10 Team:

Starters:
Brady
Odell
Jordy
Dalvin Cook
C Hyde
J Reed
G Tate
Sebastian

Bench: Eifert, Gore, Snead, Rishard Matthews, Rawls, R Kelley

Defenses will most likely be streamed every week unless a waiver wire stud comes up.
I don't even bother rating 10 man teams since everyone's team is stacked, but your 12 man team is looking pretty good. Just gotta hope Cook any Gillislee do pretty good this year. And may want to keep an eye out for a backup QB on the wire in case Big Ben plays like he did last year

bigosc2k

Banned
My for fun league since money league is Tuesday

QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Le'veon Bell
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Amari Cooper
WR Brandin Cook
TE Jordan Reed
FLEX Devante Adams
DEF Panthers
K Matt Prater

Bench
Alex Smith
Kelvin Benjamin
Falcon D
Antonio Gates
Derrick Henry
Sterling Shepard
Ameer Abdullah

My for fun league since money league is Tuesday

QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Le'veon Bell
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Amari Cooper
WR Brandin Cook
TE Jordan Reed
FLEX Devante Adams
DEF Panthers
K Matt Prater

Bench
Alex Smith
Kelvin Benjamin
Falcon D
Antonio Gates
Derrick Henry
Sterling Shepard
Ameer Abdullah

Love the guy, but there's no need to roster Alex Smith as your backup QB. Spend that roster spot on another flier skill position player.

Jarnet87

My RBs: Lamar Miller, McCaffrey, CJ Anderson, Dion Lewis, Perine, Jamaal Williams

I think it's a fair offer, but for me it would come down to your personal valuation on said players. Do you believe more in Hunt succeeding as a rookie in Reid's system as a 3 down back, or do you think Hopkins bounces back to his numbers from 2 years ago. I think you are fine at both positions right now given the depth.

Love the guy, but there's no need to roster Alex Smith as your backup QB. Spend that roster spot on another flier skill position player.

The Roethlisberger Home/Road split disparity is real.

Hey guys would like some advice here. I'm in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league and having a hard deciding who to start for my flex position this week between Z.Ertz from Philly or A.Abdullah from Detroit. Any thoughts?

12 team, PPR league. Ended up with:

QB: Dak Prescott
RB1: Jay Ajayi
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Odell Beckham Jr.
WR2: Jamison Crowder
TE: Jordan Reed
Flex: Ty Montgomery
IDP: Khalil Mack
DST: Vikings
K: Dan Bailey

Bench: DeSean Jackson
Bench: Danny Woodhead
Bench: Adam Thielen
Bench: Jacquizz Rodgers

Not thrilled with QB situation, but I feel pretty content other than that. Thought I was going to go WR heavy after taking OBJ at 5, but Ajayi and Miller seemed too valuable as 2nd and 3rd round picks to let slip past me.

Anyone care to weigh in on how I'm looking?

ZoronMaro

If it helps, I put your team in the footballguys rate my team feature (assuming standard rules). 3 of the 4 critics give you a 90% of making the playoffs and the last one gives you a 99% chance, assuming you stay on top of things. That's pretty damn good...

That does actually, I used fantasy pro to try and get a second opinion, specifically on the other teams in my league and still came out top overall although most people are better in one to a few catagories. Seems like I don't have to worry about bye weeks except for K and ST and they're not till halfway through the season. So would it be smart to sit on what I have and see how the first few weeks play out?

I can see in my league there's still good kickers and ST, so I feel like it's a good idea to pick them up now, but there's not that many good WRs so I feel like I could wait on that. Not sure how volatile the rankings become after the season starts so is that a good idea?

SaviorX

Standard 10-Team Draft Results:

QB:
Russell Wilson
Marcus Mariota

RBs:
Isaiah Crowell
CJ Anderson
Bilal Powell
Samaje Perine
Charcandrick West
Jamaal Williams

WRs:
Jordy Nelson
AJ Green
Demaryius Thomas
Pierre Garçon
Corey Coleman

TEs:
Zach ErtZ
Jack Doyle

I feel like I'm all set at the WR position... had a chance to reach for Jordan Reed at the TE spot but figure I'd roll with Zach and Jack at healthier options.

Considering packaging some RBs though in a trade to move up a tier for a consistent player. Team immediately before me snatched Kareem Hunt before I could get a chance so I ended up with Crowell.

Any clear paths towards improvement?

That does actually, I used fantasy pro to try and get a second opinion, specifically on the other teams in my league and still came out top overall although most people are better in one to a few catagories. Seems like I don't have to worry about bye weeks except for K and ST and they're not till halfway through the season. So would it be smart to sit on what I have and see how the first few weeks play out?

I can see in my league there's still good kickers and ST, so I feel like it's a good idea to pick them up now, but there's not that many good WRs so I feel like I could wait on that. Not sure how volatile the rankings become after the season starts so is that a good idea?

Preseason rankings are a crapshoot. Once the season starts it usually all goes out the window. Someone will get hurt. Someone will have a break out year, etc etc. It's best to keep an eye on things and play week to week. Be mindful of the future bye weeks etc, but there's a chance players won't even be starting by their bye weeks.

Ptaaty

Should I gamble on Kareem Hunt or Tevin Coleman for a flex play. It's full point PPR.

Hunt isn't even a gamble. Hunt all the way. Unless he gets hurt or something is horribly wrong - he should be great this year.

Chiefs running backs / Reid's system has seamlessly switched lead backs due to injury, one performing fantasy RB after another - Charles, West, Ware....Hunt was already favored to be lead back, immediately made starter when Ware went down.

Ptaaty

10 team standard, 2 WR, 1 RB, 2 W/R/T. My notes behind them.

Jameis Winston TB - QB (pretty reliable, but not a top guy, D Jax should help)
Antonio Brown Pit - WR (duh)
T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR (got him late, Luck uncertainty...but mid round 5...worth it)
DeMarco Murray Ten - RB (a beast last year, will start strong, might fade)
Hunter Henry LAC - TE (iffy - lots of mouths, weak point)
Kareem Hunt KC - RB (Reid/chiefs RB produce, always, clear starter)
Bilal Powell NYJ - RB (top RB last 4 weeks last year, Forte on outs, bad offense limits)
Davante Adams GB - WR (top 5 WR after week 4 or so, Jordy 32)
Martavis Bryant Pit - WR (a monster when he's played...3rd year is breakout for WR)
Derrick Henry - RB - (great talent, high end handcuff, could take over Murray)
Andrew Luck Ind - QB (late round, might miss weeks...but a top 5 if he comes back)
Terrance West Bal - RB (clear starter, team will suck)
Jacquizz Rodgers TB -RB (put up points last year, 3 games to himself)
Marlon Mack Ind - RB (talent, but will take weeks to show)
Charcandrick West KC - RB (handcuff only)
Kevin White Chi - WR (about the only game in town for CHI)

I need to drop two to fill in my DST and K. Planning on dropping Mack, C West. I went very RB heavy, in my experience and this league settings - if I can have 3 decent/starting RBs, it tends to win out. (I've placed 3rd, 1st, 2nd last three years)

Boogs31

Just finished the draft in my 10 team ppr league.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Devonta Freeman
RB - DeMarco Murray
WR - Keenan Allen
WR - Jarvis Landry
WR - Emmanuel Sanders
TE - Tyler Eifert
D - Patriots
K - Dan Bailey

Bench
QB - Andrew Luck
QB - Dak Prescott
RB - CJ Anderson
RB - Rex Burkhead
WR - Donte Mocrief
WR - Danny Amendola
TE - Hunter Henry

My initial impressions are that my team is pretty good. Weak at receiver but pretty strong everywhere else. What do you guys think?

mr2xxx

Banned
Just finished the draft in my 10 team ppr league.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Devonta Freeman
RB - DeMarco Murray
WR - Keenan Allen
WR - Jarvis Landry
WR - Emmanuel Sanders
TE - Tyler Eifert
D - Patriots
K - Dan Bailey

Bench
QB - Andrew Luck
QB - Dak Prescott
RB - CJ Anderson
RB - Rex Burkhead
WR - Donte Mocrief
WR - Danny Amendola
TE - Hunter Henry

My initial impressions are that my team is pretty good. Weak at receiver but pretty strong everywhere else. What do you guys think?

Unless it's a 2 QB league, there is no legit reason to have 3 QBs. Even more so when your starter is Rodgers. Good team though, i'd try to trade for Henry to handcuff Murray.

Instro

have you thought about streaming a defense week 1? If you were to start KC against NE I would say you have big cajones

Tough call. Even if it's the Pats, Chiefs D is generally good at getting some points somehow. Also worth noting that the last time these two met in the regular season, the Chiefs D obliterated them, although that was probably an aberration.

At face value I would say Hunt, although the Chiefs didn't have the best rushing attack last year. Hard to believe Hopkins is going to bounce back with Tom Savage at QB

Boogs31

Unless it's a 2 QB league, there is no legit reason to have 3 QBs. Even more so when your starter is Rodgers. Good team though, i'd try to trade for Henry to handcuff Murray.

I'll look into that. Perhaps I could trade one of my backup quarterbacks for Henry. I got Prescott second to last round so just figured the value was too high to pass up even though I didn't really need him.

Edit: Henry actually wasn't drafted. So I'll pick him up. I'm thinking about dropping Burkhead. I still feel like Luck and Prescott will have trade value, and at the very worst they won't be helping other teams if they're on my bench.

just saw colts traded for jacoby brisett

I saw the value in drafting andrew luck in the 10th round and went for it. I was expecting him to miss anywhere from 1-~4 games but now im worried. I'm stashing both derrick henry and jamaal williams so I don't have a lot of bench space and I obviously can't use big ben since his away games are awful(i'm still starting him against the browns in week 1 though)

derp

Drafted for my 2 leagues today.

10 team standard (drafted 9th ovr)

QB: Kirk Cousins, Andrew Luck
RB: Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Dalvin Cook, Ameer Abdullah, Mike Gillislee
WR: AJ Green, Amari Cooper, Demaryius Thomas, Willie Snead
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Kyle Rudolph
Kicker: Cairo Santos
Defense: Chargers, Jaguars

12 team PPR (drafted 10th ovr)

QB: Kirk Cousins, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Joe Mixon, Theo Riddick
WR: AJ Green, Deandre Hopkins, Davante Adams, Corey Davis
TE: Kyle Rudolph, Jack Doyle
Kicker: Mason Crosby, Sebastian Janikowski
Defense: Patriots, Eagles

Which team do y'all think is better?

12 team PPR draft is over! Drafted 11th overall. HERE'S WHO I GOT

QB: Kirk Cousins, Joe Flacco
RB: Jay Ajayi, Danny Woodhead, Darren McFadden
WR: Jordy Nelson, Golden Tate, Larry Fitzgerald, Emmanuel Sanders, Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt, Ted Ginn
TE: Jack Doyle (TE's went on a run super early, so I didn't even bother trying)
DEF: Patriots
K: Matt Prater

12 team PPR draft is over! Drafted 11th overall. HERE'S WHO I GOT

QB: Kirk Cousins, Joe Flacco
RB: Jay Ajayi, Danny Woodhead, Darren McFadden
WR: Jordy Nelson, Golden Tate, Larry Fitzgerald, Emmanuel Sanders, Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt, Ted Ginn
TE: Jack Doyle (TE's went on a run super early, so I didn't even bother trying)
DEF: Patriots
K: Matt Prater
Not bad Bronson..

12 team standard

QB: Ben, Carr, Kaep (I drafted him at the end)
RB: Howard (my keeper) Frank Gore and Kareem Hunt
WR: AJ Green, Zay Jones, Corey Coleman, John Ross, Tyreek Hill
TE: Jimmy Graham, CJ Fiedorowicz
Kicker: Mason Crosby
Defense: Denver

Top Bottom